Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am i a bad person?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically this is whats happened.

for a few weeks my boy has been texting and talking to alot of girls, like, constantly. fair enough, they are his friends etc. i reason with myself but it really got me down that he was constantly texting at least 3 other girls and if not texting them then he was chatting to them via msn etc.

im not the kind of person who gets jealous of his girl friends but it just started to grind on me that he was talking to them alot more than he was actually talking to me, which isnt hard becasue we live together! it just seemed to me that he would have rather talked to them than me.

it also struck me as odd because he has virtually no guy mates and tonnes of girl mates, all of whom i dont know.

AAAANDD hes started talking to his most recent ex again [re-added her number to his phone, added her on facebook, and re-added her on msn], which is odd because he labels her as a "cheating money-stealing whore"
why would he want to talk to her? this coming from a guy who believes that ex's cant be friends

so, i eventually confronted him about it and told him how it made me feel and he replyed that he's sorry and that he'll stop talking to them as the last thing he wants to do is make me feel bad

all well and good you may think but now i feel bad becasue ive become the shitty girlfriend whos jealous of her boy's friends so has made him not talk to them anymore.

im a terrible person arent i?

Comments

• Options
    Are you having problems in your relationship?

on here you don't need to kid yourself.
  • Options
    I don't think that you're a bad person. It does depend on how you brought things up and talked when you confronted him - if you just explained what he was doing and how it made you feel, then I think you did exactly the right thing. Better to bring it up than to let it fester and mess up your feelings for him! If you began to through accusations of cheating around, then you probably owe him an apology if he's now trying to sort the situation.

It sounds like he has been a little out of order in his behaviour towards you, and it may be that he's just realised that, rather than that there's anything more to it.
  • Options
    i never accused him of cheating or anything, i just wanted to nip it in the bud before it might have become something more with one of these girls. i didnt say that to him but i told him that i was scared that he was going to hurt me because he;s constantly talking to a number of other girls. i told him to put himself in my position and maybe he would understand.

i think he did and its all sorted now but i still feel really bad because i know at least one of these girls was an old school friend. and im scared that teyll think im some sort of bitchy controlling girlfriend and im not. im just really insecure i guess.
  • Options
    No its quite normal for you to feel like that i did with my girlfriend before. your not a bad person