Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to get your man to enjoy performing oral on you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My husband and I have been together for almost 13 yrs and he rarely performs oral on me. He says he has trouble breathing when he does that and that he didn't like all the hair down there. I took care of the hair issue and we tried it with me sitting on his face and he still has issues with it. I know I don't have any odor issues there as I had that checked out by my dr. He's only gotten me to climax once and I really enjoy oral. How do I get him to do it more? I don't want to go looking for it elsewhere. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I suppose it's just preference really.

I know i love doing it, but hey, that's just me!

I'm a 'what thou receives, thou should giveth':yum: person, if ya get me!

I went out with someone who was happy to receive but not happy to give!

That's just the way some people are unfortunately.

You could try and tempt him by introducing chocolate...or beer?:thumb: lol
  • Options
    I kinda agree with FCUK it.
    It's something that you'll have to make more tempting for him - ie, chocolate, cream, beer?
  • Options
    LOL - he has trouble breathing so you sat on his face? Am I the only one who thinks thats a big counter productive!

Do you perform oral on him? Do you do it well and swallow or go al, yucky spit it everywhere and make him feel grubby? Are you as enthusiastic with him as you would like him to be with you?
  • Options
    It's tricky because just like with a man to a woman, you shouldn't put pressure on your partner to do something if they don't want to do it. But having said that, it's a perfectly healthy and fun way to do things in sex and if you're lying on your back I'm struggling to see how he could run out of air. It's about the breathing situation as a kiss imo! Also hair shouldn't be a major concern most of the time...

Thesite factsheet: http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/havingsex/performanceproblems/givinghergoodhead

Ultimately it's going to come down to communication and trust. It may be that he just flatout refuses to do it ultimately, which will be a hard pill to swallow and you'll have to decide whether that's satisfactory for you. One climax in 13 years is pretty harsh. But then again some women never climax in their life...
  • Options

Maybe try a 69 position. He may not mind doing it if he's having it done at the same time because he won't be focused on just what he's doing. he might be spurred on by the fact that the better he pleases you the better you may please him. Just an :yum:
  • Options
    I go down on him more often than he does on me and I do enjoy giving. He goes nuts over it actually. I've had orgasm with him during regular just not many orally. I would have to say one in the 13 yrs we've been together is about accurate.

Also has anyone ran into an issue with their clit getting caught in their partner's teeth? My husband has a slight gap in his front teeth and that hurts like hell. I fake one really quick(which I know I shouldn't) to get him to stop.
  • Options
    It sounds to me like he hasn't given much oral sex in the past. It's possible he doesn't really know what to do. Most men would feel ashamed to admit that, but there's no shame in it. Like pretty much everything else in life, sex has a learning curve. If two people are in bed together and can't communciate properly, they're just going to be spending their time doing guesswork whilst nobody gets anything done. I've always believed that communication is the key to great sex, and this is no exception.

It's also possible that he's had a negative introduction to oral sex and therefore doesn't like doing it. This is understandable in a sense. If I was a girl and the first time I'd given a blowjob, I'd ended up gagging on a guy's cock, I wouldn't be keen to go down there again! It's possible that you might need to give him quite a bit of guidance - who knows, you might discover a lot about yourself in the process. If you fancy making things a little more exciting, go the whole hog and do the teacher/student thing - you're the teacher and the student has to please you to get top marks. I admit it sounds cheesy, but it could be a lot of fun. To me, sex isn't just about making babies, it's about having a great time with someone you really care about.

Good luck to you. xxx
  • Options
    We're done making babies now. He was very much a virgin when we got together and I had to teach him everything. I have tried telling him before and it did work but he never stays down long enough for me to come close to cumming. Sometimes I wonder if i need to just flat out ask him if he likes it or buy him a book on it lol.
  • Options
    faking it won't help, he'll never learn what you like or don't like that way. Tempt him with sexual favours rather than beer or steak, like- if you lick me out, I'll give you the best blow job you've ever had. Make him think/know that getting you off makes you really hot for getting him off.
  • Options
    Maybe he just doesn't like the smell/taste of it?!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink :p

Make it bit kinky for him and he might like it more...Think of few things that goes well together...:chin:

I've got one...

Beer and pussy! :naughty:
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    Maybe he just doesn't like the smell/taste of it?!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink :p

Make it bit kinky for him and he might like it more...Think of few things that goes well together...:chin:

I've got one...

Beer and pussy! :naughty:

LMAO!! I know he likes the pussy but the beer, not so much.

I've tried to get kinky with him, but my kinky side scares him :banghead:

Sometimes I think I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. A friend of mine actually told me once I should get a boy/girl toy for these occassions but I'm a bit nervous to even go that route.
  • Options
    gstump wrote: »
    LMAO!! I know he likes the pussy but the beer, not so much.

I've tried to get kinky with him, but my kinky side scares him :banghead:

Sometimes I think I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. A friend of mine actually told me once I should get a boy/girl toy for these occassions but I'm a bit nervous to even go that route.

Have you ever tried talking with him about the things you might like to do? Chances are that he's got a few things up his sleeve too!
  • Options
    Honestly, I would have to say communication in that area is very lagging at best. He's knocked down a few things I have suggested in the past even though I have been a willing participant in things he's wanted to try and I wasn't too thrilled to try them. I think I have lost the balls so to speak in feeling comfortable with discussing this with him.

I have thought about cheating but I know ultimately that would kill the marriage and I don't want that as I love the man.
  • Options
    Honestly, I would have to say communication in that area is very lagging at best. He's knocked down a few things I have suggested in the past even though I have been a willing participant in things he's wanted to try and I wasn't too thrilled to try them. I think I have lost the balls so to speak in feeling comfortable with discussing this with him.

I have thought about cheating but I know ultimately that would kill the marriage and I don't want that as I love the man.

Well some times you women shut shop when you don’t get your way… you could withdraw bjs/pussy but then your cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Maybe try the slutty teasing way and initiation sex but before you get down to it say ‘unless I start getting some tongue lovin down here these lips aren’t going on {point to he’s meat and two veg} – Give him something to think about at least.

You’re not forcing him to do it merely giving him something to ponder. At the end of the day it’s not like you NEED to have it done. You just want it and why shouldn’t you? If talking with him isn’t going to work then you might have to face up to the fact that he won’t do it. :crying:

People can be so frustrating eh!!

P.s Try the line ‘you’d do it if you loved me’ :p
  • Options
    I dont have an answer
    I love doing it

Some people like it, some dont. Some are embarrased to do it. You ever just try to talk to him?
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    Well some times you women shut shop when you don’t get your way… you could withdraw bjs/pussy but then your cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Maybe try the slutty teasing way and initiation sex but before you get down to it say ‘unless I start getting some tongue lovin down here these lips aren’t going on {point to he’s meat and two veg} – Give him something to think about at least.

You’re not forcing him to do it merely giving him something to ponder. At the end of the day it’s not like you NEED to have it done. You just want it and why shouldn’t you? If talking with him isn’t going to work then you might have to face up to the fact that he won’t do it. :crying:

People can be so frustrating eh!!

P.s Try the line ‘you’d do it if you loved me’ :p

I am the opposite of your "typical woman" I have never held out sex for any reason. Don't see the point in it really. I enjoy all aspects of sex.

I know I am not forcing him to do it however I think that if I am giving him what he wants (bj's and anal) then I should at least get what I want more often. I'd say on the average for every 15 times he gets his, its 1 time to what I want. That's all I ask for. Just a little more of what I want is all.
  • Options
    You give him bj's and let him play on the dirt track and he still won't lick you out?

Want my number? :yum:

Apart from when you are having foreplay...if you have it?...When he is using his fingers, try gently pushing his head down there and say that you really want to feel his tongue inside you.

Tell him if he does that once a day, you'll not go shopping as much ;)
  • Options
    I am the opposite of your "typical woman" I have never held out sex for any reason. Don't see the point in it really. I enjoy all aspects of sex.

I know I am not forcing him to do it however I think that if I am giving him what he wants (bj's and anal) then I should at least get what I want more often. I'd say on the average for every 15 times he gets his, its 1 time to what I want. That's all I ask for. Just a little more of what I want is all.

Ok lets recap;

You don't want to play hard ball with him and withdraw your womanly duties in the bedroom :thumb:

You don't think that you can coax him to do it by teasing him? :confused:

You don't want to cheat on him!! :)

You've tried talking and he closes up on you and you get no where. Which means you can't teach him how to do it or buy him a book on it without him getting all down about it.

So far correct right?

I would try one last ditch heart to heart with him...ensuring that he's listening fully!!! Remind him in a nice, fair way, how much you do for him in the bedroom. Get across that all your wanting is little more tongue action. Go on about the rewards he'll get if he does it and stuff.

If he still goes on about not being about to breath etc then erm....Well, how do you feel about dogs in the bedroom?!?!? :p:p:p:p
  • Options
    The unfortunate (but very, very fortunate thing for me) thing is that my boyfriend loves doing it, and I'm happy to reciprocate. It's largely down to what people enjoy doing. So, as everyone else has suggested, you just have to find a way to make it more alluring for him!
  • Options
    LMAO, I do have a dog that I also do sleep with lol.

I do have some good news, Saturday night we were fooling around and I told him what to do and it was wonderful. I didn't orgasm during oral but I definitely did later and it was huge! He said he hadn't seen me that turned on in a looooonnnngggg time.
  • Options
    LMAO, I do have a dog that I also do sleep with lol.

I do have some good news, Saturday night we were fooling around and I told him what to do and it was wonderful. I didn't orgasm during oral but I definitely did later and it was huge! He said he hadn't seen me that turned on in a looooonnnngggg time.

RESULT!
    See? And he'll want to see you turned on again and again and again ;)
  • Options

Personally, I can't understand why a guy wouldn't want to do that for his woman, I love going down on a woman, it is a beautiful experience and so very intimate..... tastes soooo good too :)

Really hope he learns to enjoy it :)
  • Options
    I really don't enjoy it... I've been called a freak many times, I don't care. I just don't like the taste.
    Doesn't mean that I don't do it or that I tell girls about my dislike.... it's only polite if you expect a blowjob after all innit.