Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad morning at the GP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd originally gone in about my back but I started bleeding from my urethra over the weekend, so I thought I'd better ask about that too. I'm now responsible for one of the uni doctors running 35 minutes late today :( anyway, I'm going back next week so she can have a proper look at my back and decide whether to refer me to the uni physio or straight to the hospital. She also said that there's a good chance I'll have to have some sort of orthopaedic surgery :crying: which tbh A) scared the bejesus out of me and B) made me quite sad/angry that nothing was done before. I'm by no means an expert but from what I can gather, if my old GP had done something instead of giving me Nurofen for 2 weeks and then leaving me for the next 4 1/2 years until I complained that it was still bad and that my osteopathy wasn't helping much in the long run, this might have been a lot easier to sort out. Bur.

And with the bleeding, she had a look and can't work out what's wrong. Swabs and samples were taken and are being sent off for a more in depth analysis, but from what she could gather at the time, there's definitely blood in my wee but no apparent cause. I'm back on Friday for another doctor to have a look, and hopefully my results.

I guess I just wanted a bit of sympathy and to know if anybody else has had either the weird bleeding or some sort of orthopaedic surgery because right now I feel pretty confused, upset and scared.

Thanks for reading this x

Comments

• Options
    have they taken a urine sample to see if its an infection?

it could be a hundred and one things from kidney stones to an infection that could be cleared up with antibiotics...
  • Options
    Yep, urine sample plus vaginal and urethral swabs (oh my good lord did that hurt!)

She did a little test on some of the urine and there's definitely blood in it, guess I'll just have to wait and see what the results are. Hope it's nothing major!