Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

putting two videos together

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I made a couple few second clips on the recorder part of a camera. I don't have any fancy software on my computer that I know of. Is there anyway I can combine them? I'm not talking about doing anything fancy, anything at all. I just want them all to be on one file instead of three. Any help? Thanks muchos.

Comments

• Options
    I made a couple few second clips on the recorder part of a camera. I don't have any fancy software on my computer that I know of. Is there anyway I can combine them? I'm not talking about doing anything fancy, anything at all. I just want them all to be on one file instead of three. Any help? Thanks muchos.

Do you know what video format your camera records? Seems to be some free software out there that merges/splits videos and so on. for example:

Haven't tried it myself, so not sure what it supports and whether it's fast or produces merges with high quality, but worth a try perhaps...

http://www.321slideshow.com/video-joiner.htm
  • Options
    If you have Windows, you already have Windows Movie Maker. If you have an Apple, you already have Apple iMovie. Both of these will do the job.

On Movie Maker, just go to Import Video and browse and select the files. They'll be imported into your project, and then you just drag the video clips onto the timeline at the bottom in the order you want.
  • Options
    Thank you very much :D