Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've met a lovely guy at work. We met a few months ago whilst I was a temp there & I had to help his department with a few phonecalls. He always came to check if I was ok & if i'd had any messages & we'd end up having a good chat.

Anyway, I have just started working at the same place again & have seen him a few times & he always says hello & he's remembered my name but we never get chance to talk. As I have had a lack of male attention for a while now, I've gone all stalker-like & found out his last name on the internal system & it turns out he's on facebook.

Should I add him? or would I look like a total stalker?

Comments

• Options
    I'd chat with him first. Just find a way.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    I'd chat with him first.

:yes:
  • Options
    Chat with him first. Adding him out the blue would seem strange to me.
  • Options
    *bexfizz* wrote: »
    I've met a lovely guy at work. We met a few months ago whilst I was a temp there & I had to help his department with a few phonecalls. He always came to check if I was ok & if i'd had any messages & we'd end up having a good chat.

Anyway, I have just started working at the same place again & have seen him a few times & he always says hello & he's remembered my name but we never get chance to talk. As I have had a lack of male attention for a while now, I've gone all stalker-like & found out his last name on the internal system & it turns out he's on facebook.

Since it appears to be some time since you had at least a smalltalk conversation over solely saying hello to each other, I'd defo talk to him bit more first.
  • Options
    Why would it be strange to add him to FaceBook? Afterall, that site is to make and keep in touch with friends...
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Why would it be strange to add him to FaceBook? Afterall, that site is to make and keep in touch with friends...

Because she barely knows him apart from one chat, a few months ago.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'd better try my damn hardest to 'bump' into him then! Tried this morning, failed, he didnt appear. Grrr its so hard when we work at opposite ends of the building.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'd better try my damn hardest to 'bump' into him then! Tried this morning, failed, he didnt appear. Grrr its so hard when we work at opposite ends of the building.

Ask him if he wants to have lunch sometime. You'd already chatted with him some time ago, it won't look odd.
  • Options
    T-Kay wrote: »
    Ask him if he wants to have lunch sometime. You'd already chatted with him some time ago, it won't look odd.

Yeah, any way you could just drop him an email? You could do it on the pretense of wanting to get to know more people at work and see how it goes from there.
  • Options
    I would just add him, if he wants to, he can always decline.
  • Options
    Always speak to him first. Just never mention your having found out his last name on the internal system.

I'd leave adding him to your facebook until at least getting to know him.

poppi
  • Options
    Always speak to him first. Just never mention your having found out his last name on the internal system.

I'd leave adding him to your facebook until at least getting to know him.

poppi

:yes:

and just keep trying to bump into him and asking him for lunch/drink after work etc! hope it goes wel for you!!
  • Options

Why not just approach him normally and strike up a conversation?