Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Penis Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, well I will start off by saying I am 14 years old, a virgin, and I have been going out with my girlfriend for 3 months.

My penis has a clear, purplish bump at the tip of the uthera. I have had this since as far back as I can remember. We have pretty much felt each other up and shes felt my penis but i guess she didn't notice. Sometimes when I have an erection it is hardly noticeable, while other times u can clearly see that somethings wrong. I have also noticed that when i masturbated I do not shoot it out with very much force.

I think I am going to talk to my dad and go to the doctors, but I wanted to get some opinion before I have to have that awkward conversation with him.

Comments

• Options
    There probably isnt anything wrong if it has always been there and that your a virgin. But if you are really worried about it but to shy to tell your dad, is there someone else you could talk to? If not then make the doctors appointment because i dont think your parents have to know. They would be able to help you. Or if you couldnt do it face to face, then phone up! Or ring some helpline...
    Sorry if im not much help!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    There probably isnt anything wrong if it has always been there and that your a virgin. But if you are really worried about it but to shy to tell your dad, is there someone else you could talk to? If not then make the doctors appointment because i dont think your parents have to know. They would be able to help you. Or if you couldnt do it face to face, then phone up! Or ring some helpline...
    Sorry if im not much help!
    :thumb:

Thanks for the quick response.

Well, I have all summer to talk to my dad about this... :banghead:

I guess I'm just a little nervous because the next time we do anything and she notices it I don't want her to be like "WTF is that?" And me have nothing to tell her.

I'll just make that doctor appointment. Talking to my dad about it won't be horrible, it's just something I would rather not do.
  • Options
    Its okay i understand, ive just broken up with my boyfriend and its been horrible but he had a problem down there as well, it was a different one but still a problem, and he was like really upset about it but because i loved him i wasnt bothered by it. So, i know you havent been with your girlfriend long and your young but if she DOES find out and gets all freaked, then you know that you can sorta do better than her..Do you know what im saying?
    Ive probably worded that all wrong!
    Im glad i could help though :) you just have to think, going to the doctors wont be that bad because they deal with that kind of thing and worse like everyday! :)
  • Options
    If you have had this bump all your life, its probably just 'one of those things'. A friend of mine has a birthmark ON the actual head of his penis. Perhaps yours is just a mole or something similar?

When you masturbate, does the 'bump' stop you from shooting? Does the bump affect your peeing too? Does it affect how far you can pull back your foreskin? If 'yes' to any of these, medical opinion may be neccessary. If it is harmless, it may be worth just leaving it unless it is really big and affecting you psychologically.

Some people do shoot far - but many don't. If you don't shoot far, that could be just the way you are.

One more point, any girl that loves you, should not judge you if you have a non-standard penis. Some guys have penises that are too small, too bent, too big, no foreskin, too much foreskin etc .. everyone is different and your penis should be not affect your feeling of self-worth. For all you know, that 'bump' may in fact make sex more pleasurable for your girlfriend ... like 'ribbed' condoms are supposed to be. ;)
  • Options
    Hi Stoney, seeing your doctor is the best option because doctors have seen more dicks and vaginas than we've had hot dinners.. and one more isn't going to make them surprised.

A good doctor will listen to you and give all the help and reassurance you need. I've been along to see my own doc enough times over intimate matters. Even since I was twelve. So don't worry, sweetie. You'll be alright I'm sure. :)

Love Poppi
  • Options
    stoney126 wrote: »
    Ok, well I will start off by saying I am 14 years old, a virgin, and I have been going out with my girlfriend for 3 months.

My penis has a clear, purplish bump at the tip of the uthera. I have had this since as far back as I can remember. We have pretty much felt each other up and shes felt my penis but i guess she didn't notice. Sometimes when I have an erection it is hardly noticeable, while other times u can clearly see that somethings wrong. I have also noticed that when i masturbated I do not shoot it out with very much force.

I think I am going to talk to my dad and go to the doctors, but I wanted to get some opinion before I have to have that awkward conversation with him.

Don't hesitate in getting it checked out. As for the ejaculation thing it doesn't have to shoot out forcefully all the while but even still it's unusual for somebody aged 14 to have ejaculatory problems. And as for your dad, be honest and straightforward. It's better to nip something like this in the bud before it can cause any problems later on.