Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Omelette success!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now, I'm a disastrous newbie cook, but today, I made my first ever omelette, and it was a success! No need for second attempts there, had a perfect herb and cheese omelette.

Aren't I a clever little student...:yippe:

Comments

• Options
    Nice one :) my friend makes an amazing omlette..he makes it look so easy too :( i always burn the bottom
  • Options
    wahay! omlette is lush, and on i can manage too.
  • Options
    Oh nice one :D Do you have an omlette pan or did you do i tfree hand? They seem like they would be so hard to make :( My dad used to make them perfectly, all free hand and when he flipped them over they would never break, he sucks :p

What kind of cheese did you use?
  • Options
    Congrats! Gotta take it one step at a time anyway. So... planning for an encore omlette soon?
  • Options
    next stage: the souffle
  • Options
    I started making omelettes again last week and they are actually edible now. I always used to burn them.
  • Options
    Since when where omelettes hard to make? Congrats anyway. :)
  • Options
    I always used to burn them.
  • Options
    Do you want to know a quick, sure-fire way to making a tasty omlette? :)

Beat and prepare your eggs as normal with salt and pepper etc.

Add the extras that you may want to the preparation e.g. ham, muchrooms, cheese etc ((some extras may need to be cooked/fried up beforehand))

Pour into a sealable cooking bag. Shake it up.

Pop bag into boiling water for 5 mins or so.

Open bag and slide contents onto a plate.

Hey presto! A very tasty and easy omlette! It works! Its yummy! And no burning of pans! :hyper:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Since when where omelettes hard to make?
    I find Omelettes one of the hardest things and I'm actually a pretty good cook (I won Berkshire Junior Masterchef when I was 14 and I got an A* in Food tech GCSE when I was at school - get me!!)

I tried to make a Greek Salad Omelette from a recipe last week but it just turned into greek-salad-scrambled egg (it was mean to be an omelette with red onion, black olives, feta cheese, tomato) it tasted good though.

I could never do omelettes at all and then I did my first successful one a few weks ago so have made quite a few different ones since then and they were going really well until this one :blush:

My Dad makes AWESOME omelettes, I always want him to make me one when I visit him as they are soooo good :yes: