Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Becoming a minister

I just became an ordained minister

So hows this to start a debate about church and state
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    why have you done that?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    God bless you. :p

Is that one of those internet things that lets you do other people's weddings? And does this mean you're not allowed to have sex any more? ;)
  • Options
    God bless you. :p

Is that one of those internet things that lets you do other people's weddings? And does this mean you're not allowed to have sex any more? ;)

I paid $15 for a pack which will come with certificates and everything, and a membership card (marriage certificates)

As for the no sex thing, im not really having any at the moment anyway, but i wont be abstaining.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    why have you done that?

Why not!
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Why not!

but are you doing it for religious reasons or just for the craic?
  • Options
    That's fucking brilliant :D

Now you can be referee to various things (for instance people applying for resident parking permits) and could make a mint out of it. Not that I'm suggesting any mischief of course... ;)

Should marry two of your friends 'for a laugh' and then later reveal to them they've actually got married for real. Prank of they year, that...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    That's fucking brilliant :D

Now you can be referee to various things (for instance people applying for resident parking permits) and could make a mint out of it. Not that I'm suggesting any mischief of course... ;)

Should marry two of your friends 'for a laugh' and then later reveal to them they've actually got married for real. Prank of they year, that...

Now that last one, would be the craic of the century!
  • Options
    do I get this right ? that for 15 $ you become a preist ?
  • Options
    No, for free you become a priest, but you can buy all sorts of marriage certificates from them for the money.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I may have missed something, but you have become a minister for a joke?
  • Options
    What are you going to do with your new title ...and can i for fifteen dollars become President of the U.S.A ...i could and would do a much better job than the present chimp. I'd start with lacing the water supply of the Pentagon with THC ...and apologise for Getting rid of King George and the English and CHANGE THE CURRENCY TO THE POUND.
  • Options
    hmmm i've seen what those priests get up to....not very nice...gobble
  • Options
    hmmm i've seen what those priests get up to....not very nice...gobble

Whoa horsey with the inncinuations there:P
  • Options
    ...and can i for fifteen dollars become President of the U.S.A ...

Impossible, The United States Constitution states that no person born outside the U.S.A. can become President. Though they're looking to ammend it so we can have the Terminator as President at some stage in the future.

Sounds cool, my mate got dunked in a pool of water in one of those mass born again Christian ceremonies when he visited the States, despite hating religion of all kinds. :D
  • Options
    Haha welcome to the ministry! Me and a mate were pissed one night and signed up to the exact same site.

Is it a bad thing that I could be an ordained minister but I'm a catholic? :lol:
  • Options
    Jazza wrote: »
    Is it a bad thing that I'm a catholic? :lol:
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Sounds cool, my mate got dunked in a pool of water in one of those mass born again Christian ceremonies when he visited the States, despite hating religion of all kinds. :D

:lol: Why? Did he need a bathe and couldn't be arsed to pay for a hotel room? :lol:
  • Options
    Jazza wrote: »
    Haha welcome to the ministry! Me and a mate were pissed one night and signed up to the exact same site.

Is it a bad thing that I could be an ordained minister but I'm a catholic? :lol:
    On the contrary. If you become a member of every religion on the planet you're bound to get it right and let into Paradise when you croack it, regardless of who turns out to be in charge.

Don't forget Satanists either :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    On the contrary. If you become a member of every religion on the planet you're bound to get it right and let into Paradise when you croack it, regardless of who turns out to be in charge.

Don't forget Satanists either :D

Satanists would get into Paradise? :confused::p
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    If they had their way... :D
  • Options
    Strangely (LaVeyan) Satanism makes the most sense out of any of the religions.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

It's a club ...satan always has the best music.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Strangely (LaVeyan) Satanism makes the most sense out of any of the religions.

Really? Isn't one of the "rules" essentially not to follow the rules of others?