Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Preparing fresh fish

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
We got some fresh fish of the reduced counter in Tesco for tea tonight

how do you prepare it?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Chop its head off. :p

I hate doing stuff like this. You know the man at Tesco would have done it for you.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Chop its head off. :p

I hate doing stuff like this. You know the man at Tesco would have done it for you.

But I didnt think he would as we had bought it off the reduced bit if that makes sense.

Steven will chop the head and tail off, but I dont know how to scale and fillet it :(
  • Options
    Try this website. They will show you a video demo :hyper:

or you could just go to the chippy, where it comes battered, cooked and ready to eat ;)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Try this website. They will show you a video demo :hyper:

or you could just go to the chippy, where it comes battered, cooked and ready to eat ;)
    chippy it is then! :)

Nah, I will ask him to watch the video and see if he can do it, I dont think I will be able to!
  • Options
    done it now, strangely i found the first fillet easier than doing the other side, maybe its because there was less resistance, anyway, they look fine! hope they taste as good
  • Options
    What fish was it?

I bought whole rainbow trout a couple of months ago that had been cleaned out etc. But I just oven baked it whole and then when it was ready I took off the head and I just served it like that! lol, was that wrong?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    What fish was it?

I bought whole rainbow trout a couple of months ago that had been cleaned out etc. But I just oven baked it whole and then when it was ready I took off the head and I just served it like that! lol, was that wrong?

Nah, in the restaurant where I work, that's how they serve the Sea Bass...except they actually leave the head on?