Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"The heroin trade, a crime against humanity – time for Muslims to apologise"

Not my phrase, but rather that of the BNP. That was the headline they used in an leaflet recently, trying to link the heroin trade with the Muslim religion. Says the Beeb; "Parents of a heroin addict are to take legal action against the British National Party for using a picture of their dead daughter. Rachel Whitear, 21, was found dead at her flat in Exmouth, Devon, in May 2000, holding a capped syringe. The photograph, released by her Herefordshire parents to educate people on drugs, was used by Lancashire BNP members on a leaflet. The BNP's deputy leader said they would not apologise." Click here for more details...

Is there honestly no low that these racist bastards won't seep to? For any political party, even one as contemptuous as the BNP, to use an image like this for political propganda... I'm absolutely sickened, frankly. Here's hoping she screws them for every penny they've got.

Over to you, everyone.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It's got fuck all to do with being a muslim.
    What's next catholics apologising for cocaine?

What a laod of shite. Hope the parents win.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whenever a claim like this comes up I'm always reminded of the Opium Wars. Let's not forget that the British Empire fought two wars against China (1839 to 1842 and 1856 to 1860) when the Chinese tried to stop the British smuggling opium from British India into China. Yes, we are the proud nation that directly and openly fought two wars to preserve illegal drug running.

To be honest I've heard some weird stuff in my life from the BNP but I'd have been less surprised by Nick Griffin revealing a mixed-raced love child than by this frankly bizarre attempt at gutter barrel scraping.
  • Options
    And some people wonder why I'd love to see the fascist, racist scum banned from politics...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote: »
    And some people wonder why I'd love to see the fascist, racist scum banned from politics...

Not me!

And ffs. LOL. Foot - mouth.

Yeah you know. Muslims deal smack all the time, like. Where else did Mustaine get his from?:rolleyes:

I think we should make all the Hells Angels appologise for Meth. Because they are associated in some way with it, therefore, let's see the BNP do that. I'd love it. They'd get fucked up.
  • Options
    I'd like to see how Nick Griffin linked drug dealing with Islam. Is this leaflet available to read online anywhere? I've never heard any Imam anywhere in the world encourage drug use or drug dealing. Drugs fall under the category of 'intoxicants' so they are a definate no no (haram). I've heard Nick Griffin make some fairly accurate criticisms of Islam from time to time, but in this instance he's talking out of his ass.

If Nick Griffin was trying to suggest that a lot of the drug dealers are Pakistani/Muslim, then firstly he needs to prove it... and even if its true then so what? Its not as if they're being inspired by their culture/religion to deal in drugs. Just lock up the dealers whatever their race/ethnicity/religion.
  • Options
    So twenty years ago i was a muslim and didn't even notice i was that stoned ...sad innit.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw this - as Jim has already pointed out (i'm not going to bury people in history - come to Drugs board if you want that :D) the imperial relationship with opium that our country has places us in no position to criticise other cultures on state sponsored drug dealing.

Oh and also Iran has the highest population of heroin addicts in the world (like waaaaaay higher than any other country) - despite massive social and cultural taboos they have one of the most progressive treatment programmes in the world.

They have this not because they're a crazy 'out-there' liberal country - they are doing the only thing that works to help a country drowning in the tide of heroin flowing through from neighbors to the west.
  • Options
    the imperial relationship with opium that our country has
    funny innit how we are now back where 90% of the worlds opium poppies grow ...and the troops are told NOT ...to damage the crop ...that has realy blossomed since our guns have been there ...all coincidence of course ...
  • Options
    funny innit how we are now back where 90% of the worlds opium poppies grow ...and the troops are told NOT ...to damage the crop ...that has realy blossomed since our guns have been there ...all coincidence of course ...

That's because the UK forces know full well that if you destroy the only crop which will stop them starving you will end up with a lot more people hating you.

As for the point about Islam and heroin, I suppose it largely comes from 'Muslim' nations, but thats about the only link I can think of.

Colombia is a largely Catholic country, should we blame the vatican for cocaine?
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    That's because the UK forces know full well that if you destroy the only crop which will stop them starving you will end up with a lot more people hating you.

?
    Yes yes yes ...we know the story.
  • Options
    Yes yes yes ...we know the story.

You're right, clearly the actual truth is that Gordon Brown is the biggest heroin dealer in the history of the World. You're turning into Clandestine.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    You're right, clearly the actual truth is that Gordon Brown is the biggest heroin dealer in the history of the World. You're turning into Clandestine.

Another reason not to vote for him and his cronies.
  • Options
    sanitize wrote: »
    I'd like to see how Nick Griffin linked drug dealing with Islam. Is this leaflet available to read online anywhere? I've never heard any Imam anywhere in the world encourage drug use or drug dealing.
    I haven't been able to see the leaflet anywhere yet. Even the BNP's own website doesn't seem to feature it, though it does feature about one million other stories from the past week about Muslims. (incidentally, isn't it a little worrying that theirs is the most popular political party website in the UK?)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    (incidentally, isn't it a little worrying that theirs is the most popular political party website in the UK?)
    Don't worry to much about that Star ...i think it's down to people like you ...and me ...going to see their nonsense.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Tomorrow, I'm going to ask the Buddhists to apologize for static electricity.
  • Options
    :yes:
    Tomorrow, I'm going to ask the Buddhists to apologize for static electricity.
    :thumb: