Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Windows Update

i need to install windows updates on a new installation but dont want to connect ot the internet until after the updates have been installed!

Is there a possibility that I could download the updates and put them on a disk so i could use them to install on the fresh installation?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not that I know of. I'm assuming you're using Windows Vista here. All you need to do is tell Windows that you want it to download updates automatically, but that you will install them at a time of your choosing. That should get round any issues.
  • Options
    you could try and find the service pack
  • Options
    Service pack 2 was out there for download, probably still is. However, you'd still have to download all patches from that point up and until today though.

If you're afraid of getting bad stuff on your computer before new patches have been applied, install a good antivirus and firewall, then make the firewall block out any other site than microsoft update.