Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

£1200 car ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
No i haven't done a search cos i can't bothered. i'm sure someone will point me in the right direction ...
Twelve hundred quid!
On the drip that would work out at around six quid a week?
Surely this has to be the biggest thing in the motoring industry since jerremy clarkson ...ok ...maybe henry ford ...

Comments

• Options
    whta?
  • Options
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    with it being old news i kinda pressumed it would have been on here already ...cheap ...students all that kinda stuff.
    just curious as to how many of you are going to go for it and how many you might be ordering.
  • Options
    Now thats the kind of car I need!

I bet it's a hatchback though.
  • Options
    heres what it looks like ...12721jg3.gif
  • Options
    oops ...heres what it looks like.

pcluxuryud3.th.jpg
  • Options
    My car cost £1000. It's bigger, faster, more luxurious, safer, has air conditioning, can fit passengers in, has a big boot, and hasn't broken down once. There are plenty of decent cars in this country for £1200. I'm always confused as to why people buy new cars, when they can almost always get something better second hand.
  • Options
    Depending on what kind of car you get theres no reason to get a used one. For one you'll have so much longer with the warranty, cars are coming out with better and more options, better gas mileage...on another hand, I'm looking for cars and as an example an 04 corolla with 50,000 miles and all the options that are now standard on the 09 is only 4 grand less at the msrp. For a couple extra bucks a month, why wouldn't you get a new one.
  • Options
    For a couple extra bucks a month, why wouldn't you get a new one.

Well I don't buy luxury items on credit. But personally, I couldn't deal with the amount of value it loses in that first year (unless it's a Fiat 500).
  • Options
    If you are doing it that way I can see... unfortunatly round here a car is pretty much a necessity :(
    My school no longer even offers their bus service to the downtown campus like they did before so if I ever wanted to get there I'd have to drive and 2 fucking hours probably too asshole rushhourconstructionbusshit god I hate the city :\ Buying a car is like buying a house to me. Never bought one before and the most expensive thing I buy is cheap ass vodka. It's a lifeline. I'd ride a bike but in a foot of snow and -31C w/ windchill its not exactly doable. and unfortunatly my car leaks exaust fumes inside the cabin but I'm damn well keeping it until it dies or it kills me, both are equally likely at any point. So when I get a new one I'm damn well making sure it lasts me FOREVER.
  • Options
    Rick Wagoner, GM chief executive, is sceptical about whether a £1,500 car can provide what today’s motorists want. “We have a car in that price range in China (from its associate company Wuling) and it has all the amenities you would expect from a $3,000 car,” he said.

Well of course a £1,500 car will have all the amenities of a $3,000 car :yeees:
  • Options
    Well, I was actually given a car for free. Not the most up-to-date or luxurious car, but very reliable and cheap to run. I'd take a lot of convincing to swap it for one of those cars.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If it wasn't ugly as sin it'd be a good car.

Plus, as said alry by I'm With Stupid, second hand = better cars, same price. So it's older? Who cares? It's a better car.
  • Options
    My car cost £1000. It's bigger, faster, more luxurious, safer, has air conditioning, can fit passengers in, has a big boot, and hasn't broken down once. There are plenty of decent cars in this country for £1200. I'm always confused as to why people buy new cars, when they can almost always get something better second hand.

Are you still going on about this bloody Nissan!!