Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

best condoms?

Im wondering if anyone has any recommendations for supersensitive condoms, like ultra thin ones?

Im not very experienced with regards to condoms and will want to use them after having my baby until i can sort some other contraception out or my bf gets the snip, but im hoping its not going to feel tooooooo different after going from non-condom useage.

Any recommendations?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The condomi ones tend to be pretty good, they're the ones we used when between contraception and there wasn't too much loss of feeling. It's never going to be as good as without, but they were the best ones we found.

Don'ty bother with Durex, they're crap, really hard to put on and tear too easily.
  • Options
    I use Trojan "Shared Pleasure" ones they give you a warm tingly sensation lol.... but they are just normal thickness ones. I didn't think they did thin ones anymore, gay men were always told to get extra strong ones but then they dropped that because there were making them all a standard thickness.
  • Options
    The non latex ones are supposedly better, but there's less range on the sizing so depends whether or not they suit.
  • Options
    I thought that just normal sized condoms were supposed to stretch to massive proportions if needed???
    Are XL ones necessary if the man is *ahem* well endowed, or is that just a marketing ploy?
  • Options
    A normal sized condom will be fine even if he's got ten inches of pure man muscle ;)

Non-latex don't tend to have differing thicknesses but I think the ultrathin ones are a con anyway.
  • Options
    superdrug own brand thin ones, bogof last time i went in there too.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

stil bogof today.

I bought a pack of Mates 12's ribbed today cos they were noyl £1.49 in home bargains.
    Shall report back if theyre any good:blush:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

Have you tried and theyre good?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Non-latex don't tend to have differing thicknesses but I think the ultrathin ones are a con anyway.

They do actually, can't remember the dimensions, but when researching them discovered this truely useless fact. They also don't stretch anything like the latex kind, so no hope of getting them over a phone box.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Don'ty bother with Durex, they're crap, really hard to put on and tear too easily.

Ahh really? I've only ever used durex featherlite and thought they were poo, big loss of feeling and kept breaking. I still have about 10 left, so I guess I'll work through them because i'm tight, but will change next time I have to buy some... probably in years to come!

Do you think the condomi ones give more snesitivity? That would be good if they did, I really struggle with that.
  • Options
    They do actually, can't remember the dimensions, but when researching them discovered this truely useless fact. They also don't stretch anything like the latex kind, so no hope of getting them over a phone box.

They do stretch just like the latex ones, well some of them do anyway. I have some Pasante Uniques and they don't stretch AT ALL, they're like a thin plastic bag, advantage is that they have a lip so if your non-latex friend hasn't got too big a dick (like my firend has) they keep you from as much skin to skin contact. Not that that's relevant to SCC's situation. I also have some other non-latex ones, durex avanti's and they feel a bit different but they DO stretch like a normal one. I can fit one right up my leg in fact! lol.

I have the Superdrug ones and I like them better than most because they're easy to roll down, you can do it easily with your lips too - bonus. The packets open easily, which is always good when you're in the heat of the moment. They are less breakable, in my opinion, than durex extra nastys. I think they don't smell quite as bad either.

And there you have my condom review. lol
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote: »
    Do you think the condomi ones give more snesitivity? That would be good if they did, I really struggle with that.

I have problems finishing too, especially wearing condoms, and I've found the condomi ones to be the best at letting me get all the way.

Ahem.

Mates aren't bad condoms either, especially the ribbed ones, but they have an "interesting" smell. It's really just Durex that are absolutely shite, though- Durex stink, are ridiculously overpriced, and break too easily.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I've got 20 packs of condomi condoms on my desk if anyone wants some?
    Just PM me your address and I'll send them out on a first come first served basis :thumb:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Just PM me your address and I'll send them out on a first come first served basis :thumb:
    Ooooh can I have some?!

*PM's*
  • Options
    PMd too :)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »

:lol: as you do!
  • Options
    ffs, I take it all back, a superdrug condom wouldn't unroll on me today, not with enough ease anyway. boo. Used a weird-ass Unique instead. Bought some Trojan "Her Pleasure" today, maybe they'll be the thing? Maybe not... lol
  • Options
    Unique are really really weird. Don't like the way the packet doesn't really stay sealed either.
  • Options
    Unique are really really weird. Don't like the way the packet doesn't really stay sealed either.

not just me then? totally wierd, they are just like a plastic bag. Perhaps that's how we should all reuse our supermarket carrier bags?
  • Options
    Yes, the latex ones do stretch - but a mismatch in girth is heavily implicated in condom breakage. As a rule of thumb, if you can't unroll it with one hand, consider a larger size.

Also remember elasticity is counter-intuitive - a condom is much tighter at 30% stretch than 300% (a half inflated balloon will deflate into a fully inflated balloon if the two are connected together), and the skin of the penis is much thinner (and looser) than that of the arm or the face, so you can end up with painfully pinched skin.

If they're all that's available, I can make do with normal sized condoms (stretching them on, rather than unrolling them - cos that just isn't worth the pain; having to use your fingernails to try to get enough purchase to unroll it is bad; and broken capiliaries are just ugly) - but unless they really want it I'm much more likely to opt for activities that don't require me to wear a too-tight condom.