Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Irrational facebook jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
///

Comments

• Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Does anyone else get jealous when they go on their boyfriend's page and see messages on their walls from slutty looking girls you've never heard of, saying "luv ya xxxx"?

no... This means as much as the fact that my poo is brown.
  • Options
    Thanks for that.
  • Options
    It has done in the past, but I didn't trust that guy, so says it all really.
  • Options
    //
  • Options
    Yeah I know that one....whats annoying me at the moment is my ex has obviously slagged me off on someones wall from the reply, but I can't see exactly what he's said.
  • Options
  • Options
    Things like facebook can be so very efficient at destroying relationships. I know from experience. Try not to look at it, it's not worth it...
  • Options
    //
  • Options
    just ignore. I wouldnt bother looking at it tbh. My boyf gets loads of pervy messages on his band myspace page, we have a laugh about it, but he is the 1st guy ive been with I really trust....
  • Options
    if you dont know these people how do you know they are sluts? its a bit harsh calling someone you dont know, who is supposed to be one of your partners friends a slut.

i'd be gutted if my gf said such thing about people i know, but i know she wouldnt, and i wouldnt do that to her.

pathetic behaviour really, if you're that worried about it, talk to him not slag people off to us.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I do trust him. It's just annoying, the slag bags. And I can't see what he has written on her wall, which obviously makes my imagination come up with things that probably aren't true.

Eek. Katchika, calm down and take a few deep breaths. It's stupidly easy to get wound up by facebook but as you say it is a completely irrational reaction and to ber honest yes, you probably are imagining things which aren't true.

Are these girls really slag bags? I doubt they are, most likely they're just having a bit of a laugh without really considering how it will affect other readers.

The kinds of messages people write on facebook walls are exactly the kinds of things people say in text messages. The difference is that because it's so public we tend to think it means more. It usually doesn't.

There will always be annoying things about social networks, but the key is to take most things with a pinch of salt and remember you're the one who has your boy's affections in real life.
  • Options
    //
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yes I'm aware I'm over-reacting. I just got into work and I feel like shit and it wasn't a great start to the day. My bf is usually very open with me and I know the names of some of his female friends, just never heard of this one though, which makes me suspicious.

*hugs*

I've been there. But seriously, don't let a little message on facebook ruin your day. You're stronger than that, you know you are. It's good to acknowledge that other people do use language like "love ya" a lot. It's a shame you can't see her other messages to people as they're probably exactly the same - it's no doubt just the way she is :)
  • Options
    I say love love to my friends in text messages. It seems to be just a habit now. I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • Options
    facebook is a curse for relationships.

I've always made a point about never allowing a current girlfriend become a friend and never looking at their page, it's just bad news.

I know i'd get jealous if I saw messages from guys, so I don't look because they'd be harmless anyway, so no point in getting worried.

Surprisingly most girls are ok with me not accepting them as friends too.
  • Options
    I only generally add friends who I know in real life.

Facebook is a damn sight better than Faceparty. All I got from FP was constant harrassment from mail-order bride scams!
  • Options
    Urgh...places like facebook/myspace can turn you into completely irrational stalker like people :yes: believe me I've been there!
  • Options
    I wish that my Facebook wall was covered in declarations of love from women wearing next to nothing. As it happens, I'm more likely to find spam there.
  • Options
    I do trust him. It's just annoying, the slag bags. And I can't see what he has written on her wall, which obviously makes my imagination come up with things that probably aren't true.

I hear that things like Facebook cause loads of break-ups because people get so jealous. The way I see it is it's unlikely that you have the same circle of friends as your bloke (At least not all of them will know both of you) and so there are bound to be people you don't know leaving messages for each of you.

Try not to get too obsessive about it because you're probably winding yourself up over nothing.