Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Take A Look at Your Brain (Not Literally!)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can see it going anti-clockwise?

I see it go both ways. I really thought it was on a timer until i realized a lot of people can only see her go one way.
  • Options
    I just realized her legs even switch. when she goes clockwise her right leg is up and vice versa
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I just realized her legs even switch. when she goes clockwise her right leg is up and vice versa
    You're right!
    And the shadow is only wrong when she's going clockwise.
  • Options
    If I stare directly at her she is moving clockwise but if I look at the corner of my laptop and just see her out of the corner of my eye she goes anti-clockwise.
  • Options
    I can only see it going anti-clockwise.

All you people who can see it going clockwise are liars :D

:thumb:
  • Options
    fuck meeeeee thats smazzy
  • Options
    It is possible to force yourself to look at it going the other way.

Basically, you need to scroll down until all you can see is the lowest ankle, and nothing of the swinging foot. Then, you basically just need to force your brain to see the opposite of what you're seeing. When the foot is end-on, you need to think it's pointing in the opposite direction to what you saw. i.e. if you just saw it go behind the dancer, you need to think the foot is in front of the dancer. If you keep staring and trying to reverse what your brain is telling you, you can make it go the other way.
  • Options
    ah i can see it going both ways but it took me a while! if you can only see if clockwise, look at the shadow under her feet and then move your eyes up. once you see it going one way its hard to switch!
  • Options
    My housemate managed to force himself to see her oscillate rather than spin. He is queer though...