You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Loan money

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could anyone tell me when the loan money from the studentloan people come through for uni? Just getting a bit worried. Thankyou.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It comes in three installments.

    I get one next week, then in January and another in March.

    You should have received a letter in the post. You could have a look on www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk and check your status, it might tell you something there.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They fucked mine up, so I would ring them in case they've fucked yours up too.

    I'm not getting mine for about another two weeks now. I go on Thursday. This is all despite the fact that they had EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFO THEY NEEDED at least 2 weeks before we had to go in there and shout lots at them.

    Ring them, seriously.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You *should* get it a few days after the start of each term.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    It comes in three installments.

    I get one next week, then in January and another in March.

    You should have received a letter in the post. You could have a look on www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk and check your status, it might tell you something there.

    I received the letters, but I can't log in to it. Am currently waiting to speak to someone about that.

    My status said over the phone that I shall recieve a certain amount after my attendance has been verified, I'm guessing this is normal?

    Thankyou everyone, just having a mad panicking 5 minutes!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like everything is sorted if you've received the letters then. I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    Sounds like everything is sorted if you've received the letters then. I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about :)

    Fantastic :) Thankyou! I gave up calling them, asked them to ring me back, as thought I'd try the internet again, only their now down due to high user traffic! Think I'm probably just over panicking now!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your-babe wrote: »
    Fantastic :) Thankyou! I gave up calling them, asked them to ring me back, as thought I'd try the internet again, only their now down due to high user traffic! Think I'm probably just over panicking now!

    The Student Finance Direct website you mean? If so I've just logged in and looked at every thing now and it's working fine.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    The Student Finance Direct website you mean? If so I've just logged in and looked at every thing now and it's working fine.

    Thankyou, I'll try again :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok, my payments are:
    06/02/2008
    07/05/2008 for my tuition fee loan, surely the uni will want money before that?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't need to worry about your tuition fee loan, that gets paid direct to the uni, so never actually get your sticky mitts on that money, and if the uni want it sooner then that's something they take up with Student Finance direct.

    You do indeed only get the money after your attendance has been verified, so make sure you turn up to regestration etc on time with your student finance letter otherwise it might be late!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your-babe wrote: »
    Ok, my payments are:
    06/02/2008
    07/05/2008 for my tuition fee loan, surely the uni will want money before that?

    That's fine. Mine are exactly the same :)
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 I am one with The Mix
    I haven't even applied yet :S
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    I haven't even applied yet :S

    :shocking: No money for you. Tut Tut.
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 I am one with The Mix
    squeal wrote: »
    :shocking: No money for you. Tut Tut.
    Cheers :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your first payment is made shortly after induction. You give them a letter from Student Finance, they scan a barcode on it and check one or two details. The money goes into your bank account a few days later, and on the subsequent dates listed on that letter.

    That's assuming that they've actually got it right, of course. Which, in my case, they haven't. For reasons I won't bother going into here, I won't be getting my loan through until early October. I think I might be saying an early hello to Mr Overdraft...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thankyou! That's one worry down :) That's good that we don't get to touch the fees money though, that would be a brilliant shopping trip though lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.