Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reiki

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
General question to start off, has anyone had reiki? Whether it's a one off, or a long course of treatments? I'm using it for depression, as was told it's good for that.

I've had 5 sessions now.

Any experiences, comments etc.

Thankyou!

Comments

• Options
    I've not had it, but one of our therapists at our hotel does it, VERY good treatment :) out of curiosity how much you paying?
  • Options
    I've never had any, but know one girl who got it for physical pain, and she said it was EXCELLENT. She said it relieved a lot of her pain. I didn't know Reiki was used for depression as well, that's interesting... Do you feel it has done you any good so far?
  • Options
    That Nasty Nick from the very first ever Big Brother used to do it.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=reiki

That was the first time I'd ever heard of it ..
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I've not had it, but one of our therapists at our hotel does it, VERY good treatment :) out of curiosity how much you paying?

It is a fantastic treatment, and like some else said, it's fantastic for other things. I pay £10 a session, but she has been very highly recommended ot me.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote: »
    I've never had any, but know one girl who got it for physical pain, and she said it was EXCELLENT. She said it relieved a lot of her pain. I didn't know Reiki was used for depression as well, that's interesting... Do you feel it has done you any good so far?

I feel so relaxed after it, and refreshed, but reiki has something to do with getting rid of negative energy, so I generally feel quite prone to mood swings, and feel down, but I think it's too early for me to say if it's actually helping my depression though tbh.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    That Nasty Nick from the very first ever Big Brother used to do it.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=reiki

That was the first time I'd ever heard of it ..

Thankyou for the link, I've bookmarked it :)
  • Options
    try shiatsu aswell your base
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    try shiatsu aswell your base

Juat wiki-ed it, and that sounds quite interesting, thankyou. Will look more into that :)
  • Options
    Just to let you know, we recently created a new section on TheSite.org all about alternative health. There's an article about Reiki with a short case study at the end, which you might find helpful.

:)
  • Options
    spanner wrote: »
    Just to let you know, we recently created a new section on TheSite.org all about alternative health. There's an article about Reiki with a short case study at the end, which you might find helpful.

:)

Thankyou Spanner :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    General question to start off, has anyone had reiki? Whether it's a one off, or a long course of treatments? I'm using it for depression, as was told it's good for that.

I've had 5 sessions now.

Any experiences, comments etc.

Thankyou!

Yes, I have had one session from a family friend. Felt very tired but very relaxed afterwards. Felt loads of tingly heaton my arms and I had loads of visual pictures etc. Was very good actually.
  • Options
    I usually have lots of tingling too! I love that part!