Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is This Legal?

There's something I need, but can't find it anywhere online or the official shop (it's an O2 Ice charger) and found one on this stall in town. I was talking to the woman on the stall who said that she wasn't too sure whethe it was the right one. She also told me that I could buy it, but if I did, there I wouldn't be able to get a refund. Are they allowed to do this?:confused: I haven't brought it, but told her that I would bring my phone in and see if it is the right one.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ^^ correct as far as i know, if she sold you one under the pretences it was 100% the right one and then it didnt work you might have a chance but with this, not a cat in hells.

refunds only have to be given if the goods are faulty/dont match their descriptions as far as i know.

technically shops dont have to give refunds on stuff too small/too big etc.. but they do.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    they are only obligated by law to give u a refund if the item is/was faulty or turned out not the match its description - but then she has made it clear to you that she isn't sure about it being the correct item

:yes: she doesn't have to
    but most reputable shops tend to be okay about it if you've gotten the wrong item and give a refund or an exchange but they don't have to by law.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that they are; I think they are only obligated by law to give u a refund if the item is/was faulty or turned out not the match its description - but then she has made it clear to you that she isn't sure about it being the correct item

They never said anything like this to me. All they said was 'if it's not the correct one, then you can't get your money. I think I'll go somewhere where they actually have a clue what this charger looks like...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    They never said anything like this to me. All they said was 'if it's not the correct one, then you can't get your money. I think I'll go somewhere where they actually have a clue what this charger looks like...

considering its what the kids call a "mobile phone" why dont you take it with you rather than having to rely on someone else pointing you in the right direction?
  • Options
    Necause my battery is dead and I have lost my charger?
  • Options
    Necause my battery is dead and I have lost my charger?

yes but you are going to buy a charger for that phone, why not take it and see if it fits? unless im missing something here one of us is being rather thick.
  • Options
    Because originally I was going into town for something else and din't have my phone on me.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Because originally I was going into town for something else and din't have my phone on me.
    Well then whats the big issue? Go again with the phone!

duh.
  • Options
    If you didn't buy the charger, what is the problem?
  • Options
    I was only asking.