Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So, single people...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yer.

Yummy mummy bear is out there for you ;)
  • Options
    I'm more scared of meeting the wrong person again.

Last couple of girlfriends (especially the last one) I've really thought that she could've been the one. But the last one went all weird on me when I couldn't commmit to moving and I just thought fuck it, why am I even in this relationship if she doesn't take my feelings into account at all?

I am quite picky and I do want everything to be like Love Actually or Notting Hill, all Ronan Keating songs and stuff. Life isn't like that though, and I still don't think I've met anybody who really "gets" me. That's probably more to do with me than any of my exes. I don't actually trust my own emotions anymore, which is fucking with my head a bit justnow.

Not really bothered about having a girlfriend, to be honest it's always a bit of a change and I do quite like to do my own thing most of the time. It'd be really nice to have somebody who really proper gives a fuck about you, because a lot of my relationships have been half arsed or puppy love or me getting too attached. I'm maybe quite a selfish boyfriend too, which maybe explains quite a bit.
  • Options
    ... do you ever get scared you are never going to meet the right person?

Not really no. I wonder sometimes but it's not something that scares me. If i got really desperate theres bound to be some ugly cunt out there that'll have me lol.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Not really no. I wonder sometimes but it's not something that scares me. If i got really desperate theres bound to be some ugly cunt out there that'll have me lol.

ah you wimen got it easy aint ya
  • Options
    Tanman wrote: »
    ah you wimen got it easy aint ya

Hmm no theres plenty of ugly girls. Get yourself one, or several, paper bags and your sorted.
  • Options
    Do you ever get scared you are never going to meet the right person?
    Nope. Not once.
    Calvin wrote: »
    Yummy mummy bear is out there for you ;)
    Sounds like the name of a new moderator. :p
  • Options
    I'm fairly certain I won't meet the right person.
  • Options
    I've never really panicked. I hate being single, it makes me miserable sometimes, but I've never thought to myself that I'll be single forever. Perhaps I'm too blase about it, but I believe it'll happen some time.
  • Options
    Ive never worrid about being single until a couple of week ago. There was a big family party (all extended family came) and everyone within my sort of age group (from 17 to 26) are either in serious relationships/married/engaged and i thought ive got to get more serious with stuff cause at the moment im just having fun like.
  • Options
    film_buff wrote: »
    Ive never worrid about being single until a couple of week ago. There was a big family party (all extended family came) and everyone within my sort of age group (from 17 to 26) are either in serious relationships/married/engaged and i thought ive got to get more serious with stuff cause at the moment im just having fun like.

Yeah but the divorce rate should make you feel better about the numbers. Harsh but strangely comforting.
  • Options
    Well I'm pretty sure I am fucked in the universe of relationships, which, by nature, isn't really a good thing. But I have things that are important enough to me that if I can't find someone who accepts what I do as a passion, than I'm better off alone.

I think it would be nice to be in a relationship, at least once. To get the first hand experience of someone else's passions, desires, pains, failures, successes, etc. And also being supported unconditionally by another human being; an intellectual equal that experiences with you the mystery and wonder of this reality. Seems like that would be helpful right now.
  • Options
    Well I've turned into a complete cynic and cannot be doing with a relationship. The next crazy bloke who decides to be 'interested' in me will be put through a psychiatric test and I'll want an x-ray taken just to check he actually has a backbone :yeees:
  • Options
    film_buff wrote: »

That's just put a horrid memory in my head from a few weeks back in which my brother was having a family meal to celebrate his 40th birthday and because I'm the youngest out of me and my brothers and the only one still single and not settled down, married with kids etc, he decided he would find it very funny to announce me as gay to the rest of the family. Most of whom believed him purely because I had no evidence to say I'd been in any relationships with any women.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Well I've turned into a complete cynic and cannot be doing with a relationship. The next crazy bloke who decides to be 'interested' in me will be put through a psychiatric test and I'll want an x-ray taken just to check he actually has a backbone :yeees:

llf, me likee. but ya know id fail da psych test, lol

i like the attitude, s a good one, btw all blokes arr crazy
  • Options
    Well, some interesting responses. Seems I'm not the only one, which helps a bit I guess.

It's not like I'm desperate to settle down. Marriage has never even entered my head. I just miss having someone to share stuff with, someone to take out and have a bit of fun with and someone to laugh with when you've had a shit day at work. I've got a great family and good friends, but sometimes there's just that hole that none of them can fill, and only that special person can...
  • Options
    I'm happy and content in life when I have a gf, and then get unsettled and insecure when we break up... I get all worried and paranoid that I'm going to be single for the foreseeable future, when months have gone by without any action I get convinced nobody likes me, then when something finally happens I feel OK again. Feel the need to be wanted basically.
  • Options
    Yes im slightly worried. Meeting women is not a great area for me. Ive been single for about 10 months now and ive had a few pulls but nothing more than that. New start in life this September though, moving to a new area and all that.

Its not been helped recently that everyone else in the house has had their partners hear all at the same time. One of them even got engaged. Crazy.
  • Options
    Know exactly what you mean. I might be in a relationship but I'm not convinced I can see myself with him for life, even though in 9/10 ways he is perfect for me. Think I'm feeling it more than ever now that my lifes settling down. I've finished uni, got the job sorted, in process of buying a house. The next logically step is settling down with someone and kids. The time for meeting lots of new and random people is over now uni is over and it's going to get harder and harder to get into new relationships and find the right person.

Although saying that 2 months ago I was adamant I wasn't ready to settle down, didn't want to and so on cos everything was changing around me. How quickly things change or maybe I'm just a fickle female underneath it all or perhaps it is everything thats going on thats making me think things through more.

However I also sit and think I'm 25 now. If I've yet to meet someone, get to know them, move in together and settle down. I'm gonna be looking at probably 5 years and I'm starting to push being a youngish mum and getting 3 kids in in that time ;)
  • Options
    It's not something I sit and worry about, no. I would be more bothered about not having children than not finding a "perfect" relationship.

I've been hurt before, and always thought I would never meet anyone again, but after a while, I always have. There are loads and loads of guys (or girls) out there that I (or anyone) could go out with, get on with and possibly end up marrying/having kids with. I don't believe in "the one".

Having said all that, when I go out with a guy to me it's always more about being really good friends rather than violins and stuff.
  • Options
    Im not single but i still get worried that when im old i'll be alone. I doubt me and my boyfriend will last forever, even though we couldnt be happier at the moment.

I dont want marriage and i dont want kids, so i think i will have trouble finding someone that wants the same as me long term in addition to all the other things i look for in a man
  • Options
    This isn't something that worries me right now.
  • Options
    Everyone goes through it at some point in their life. I wouldn't say i have moments of oh my god my life is shite i need to meet someone because i don't feel that, but i have times where i think god my lovelife is boring wouldn't it good to meet some lovely to liven it up ;)
    I've tried to explain this to people as the one line i always get is "why are you single, you're a lovely young lass, it's such a shame" but people don't seem to get the fact that i choose to be single. I get asked out for drinks more nowadays which i put down to the fact that i'm more confident and happy in myself than i ever used to be and that maybe that comes across in the way i am with people. But the reason i don't date these people is because i know and feel that nothing serious will come out of it from my end so what's the point in leading them on when you know your heart isn't in it.
    I have so many friends who are young and in a serious relationships or married and their relationships are a joke. They do the ah you poor single person etc. but i would rather be single and happy than married to a cheating bastard or dealing with a drinker with a gambling problem.
    The main problem i have is with the way i am. I'm quite an honest, straightforward lass (my builder friends tell me i'm rather bloke like in my views) and i think a few of the blokes i've dated have been put off once they realise i'm quite a bolshy cow. My dad always says it'll take a strong man to be my equal which i suppose is the crux of the matter. I'd like someone who is my equal and so far i've never really found him, or i have and it's just not worked out. But life is much more fun trying to find him :thumb: