Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Approaching The Question?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
New Here,

The current situation between me and my gf is really starting to frustrate me, the problem is we dont have a sex life at all, it feels like she is happy that we never make love, we been together for a year and 6 months and its getting to the point now were its not happening that im thinking of going somewhere else for a session, I dont want to do that because i would hate to hurt her, she does mean the world to me but i cant live like this any longer, im 21 and it feels like that i have got a sex life of a 70 year old.

I was wondering how people would approach this situation, any help much appreciated

Cheers, :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I think you need to talk to her rather than cheat on her.
    If it comes down to it, maybe youre not right for each other.
  • Options
    i tried talking to her and she just changes the subject, when we do it is the most amazing person i made love to but its driving a wedge in between us and i really dont want to lose her. we been thru so much. For the first 6 months it was a regular thing and now its getting to the point were it is no existant.

I want to sort this out before i lose her or she runs into the arms of another man who can give her what she needs :banghead:
  • Options
    If you're seriously thinking of going somewhere else for nookie, I think that should tell you all you need to know about the current state of your relationship.
  • Options
    My relationships always get like that when they're coming to the end...sorry to say it. But sex lives do quieten off anyways with time...once the honeymoon period has gone and so on it's only natural. There may be something wrong that she isn't telling you about though thats putting her off for the time being. You really need to talk to her and tell her exactly how you feel and he pressure it's putting on your rel and try to come to a compromise.
  • Options
    I have to agree with kazbo on this one. Although at the same time, relationships do go through phases where stuff like that just isn't important. Has she had anything traumatic happen recently? Lost her job, relative died... anything like that? Because a lot that happens in life can affect your libido. Try and talk to her about how she's feeling generally, avoiding the subject of sex for now. It might reveal something you didn't realise was on her mind.

I do feel for you, but try and be patient with her if you want to fight for your relationship. Good luck :)
  • Options
    SexyLove wrote: »
    im 21 and it feels like that i have got a sex life of a 70 year old.

I am sure Jim V has a perfectly good sex life ... :p
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote: »
    My relationships always get like that when they're coming to the end...sorry to say it. But sex lives do quieten off anyways with time...once the honeymoon period has gone and so on it's only natural. There may be something wrong that she isn't telling you about though thats putting her off for the time being. You really need to talk to her and tell her exactly how you feel and he pressure it's putting on your rel and try to come to a compromise.

:yes: agreed
  • Options
    when approching your girlfriend make sure you know what your going to say she may easily get affended!!!

It may not be coming to an end, you need to set the mood for having sex, make it more romantic. you may not have notice but she may just want more then sex, showing her a bit of love, may spice up your love life, or evan try and make it fun.

I was in your girlfriends situation, ove i dont know her thoughts, but i hope this helps. xx
  • Options
    [QUOTE=

the way she sees it? maybe she feels vulnerable afterwards? do you comfort her afterwards or smile and walk away like you've just abused her [/QUOTE]

I agree, she needs to be shown shes loved, be more romantic.