Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I worry?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I might be being stupid here but I recently found out that my boyfriend of a year is flirting with girls on the internet.... I really don't know whether to worry about this and confront him or to just let it be if its not a serious issue. Please give me advice on what you would do in my situation!
Thanks ali

Comments

• Options
    Depends what you mean by flirting really, if he was blatantly chatting them up you have every right to be pissed off but ifs its only harmless flirty comments i'd probably let it slide
  • Options
    One of my friends found his profile on faceparty and it lists him as being single. I was really suspicious of this, know i shouldn't have, but logged in as him to see if he had any messages. There was a reply from a girl that he'd asked if she wanted to chat for fun and she gave him his email. But since he has recieved this message he changed his password on his emails - which is really odd. because he always uses the same password and doesn't mind me having it when i need to check his emails if he's not home! I really don't know what to think and its messing up my head!
  • Options
    I wouldnt be happy with that at all, but thats just me.
  • Options
    Thanks, i thought i was being paranoid and stupid. But i dunno if i can confront him cos i really shouldn't have logged in as him, that really isn't trusting him. I've put myself in a stupid hole now!
  • Options
    I wouldnt be happy with that at all, but thats just me.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    ali_1989 wrote: »
    Thanks, i thought i was being paranoid and stupid. But i dunno if i can confront him cos i really shouldn't have logged in as him, that really isn't trusting him. I've put myself in a stupid hole now!

he made your trust waver by listing himself as single, explain that to him

if its bothering you i would definately bring it up, no point in letting it fester

x
  • Options
    Thanks, I think i'm gonna have to bring it up! It's absolutely killing me at the moment not knowing what's going on and where i stand.
  • Options
    You could always say that a friend of yours saw his profile and told you it said he was single... that way you wouldn't need to tell him you were snooping lol.
  • Options
    You could always say that a friend of yours saw his profile and told you it said he was single... that way you wouldn't need to tell him you were snooping lol.

Very good idea. But yes- DEFINITELY confront him. If you cant trust him, you've got no relationship. It could all be a misunderstanding but you need to know either way.
  • Options
    Just spoke to one of my other mates as well and she says more or less the same as you guys. So i think i'm just gonna calmly ask him about it tonite, calmly being the operative word because it probably is a misunderstanding. Thanks everyone for your replys!
    x
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    he will say "oh I hardly ever use the thing" or "Id forgotten to change my status"
    or "I cant believe you dont trust me" - ie youre a bad person for catching me out.
  • Options
    You need to mention it, in terms of it making you feel incomfrtable. Just be careful not to make it an ultimatum because that's pushing him into a corner and you may not like his response.
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options

one of her friends DID fin his profile so she wasnt snooping anyway

UNTIL

she logged in as him and read his messages

so she hasnt really got an excuse to give him, she'll have to come clean