Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you ever....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Get a bit ahead of yourself with your partner? I got really broody at the weekend and started wanting to settle down and have kids and all that junk.

Anyone else feel the same? Or am I just really weird? :blush:

Comments

• Options
    No you're not it's a natural feeling, regardless of what your patner's thoughts are.
    Most people feel ike this but at different stages in their life but obviously not everyone.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    No you're not it's a natural feeling, regardless of what your patner's thoughts are.
    Most people feel ike this but at different stages in their life but obviously not everyone.

Thats the really scary thing- he feels the same!
  • Options
    Glad its not just me. Thing is, because there's a few years between us, I think he's that bit closer to actualy thinking quite seriously about settling down, starting a family etc etc. It just freaked me out. Crazy shizzle.
  • Options
    i always do it lol

couple of my mates have had kids and i get sooo broody!

been with my fella for 5years and when i see mates pregnant with their fellas after 2yrs i get jealous lol

soon passes!
  • Options
    After a couple of months an ex and I could ourselves getting married and having kids which each other but we were wrong hehe.
  • Options
    My ex did used to say he wanted to get married and have kids with when he got fairly drunk. I used to think urggh, no chance everytime.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    and started wanting to settle down and have kids and all that junk.
    :nervous:
    nah! seriously, at least your both on the same wavelength :)
  • Options
    I think there's been a few times when I've thought I loved somebody at the time, but it was just puppy love and I was just being silly.

Sometimes there's a worry that it might be happening again, because when you do meet somebody that you could see yourself being with for a long time then you think back to all the times you were daft and stuff and wondering if it's happening again or if it's for keeps.

It's not nice if you've only known somebody a couple of months and they start going too fast though! Hard to calm things down again after that IMO.
  • Options
    If I were in a relationship that has the potential of getting really serious, I would make sure that the person I was seeing knew I did not want kids. Unfortunately, that's not really a great compatibility question to bring up on the second date like "What kind of music do you like?" So unfortunately, like Bri said, it comes up at a critical point a ways through the relationship, and it could mean prosperity or exile.
  • Options
    Dobbin's a girl? :eek:
  • Options
    I keep hoping and asking for love. But I guess its still too soon :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for a dog one day though. Though thats just about as likely :p
    *pets stuffed simba*
  • Options
    eeh, Me and my GF talk about our futur and kids and what not with out even realizing it. Truth is though we are both smart enough to relize kids and things like that are not a good thing at this time as we are both entirely to young to be haven kids. You realy cant force these things they just happen i guess. Though it is normal to have such thoughts.... I hope.
  • Options
    Dobbin's a girl? :eek:

Yes, Dobbin is!! :p
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Get a bit ahead of yourself with your partner? I got really broody at the weekend and started wanting to settle down and have kids and all that junk.

Anyone else feel the same? Or am I just really weird? :blush:

I don't think about settling down but I do imagine what our kids would look like. Ha ha. It's just idle speculation though.