Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is she too young for me?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rinsed lol.

110 is still pretty dumb though!!

Lol and there was Lacy having me think she was smart for having an IQ of 120 or something....
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol and there was Lacy having me think she was smart for having an IQ of 120 or something....

Well a dog is about 120 sooo..... :D
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Er my IQ is 144 :yeees:
  • Options
    120 is pretty good really

I think I was 118 or something
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I don't think its an issue at all, but it depends on her and how mature she is for her age

when I was 17; I was dating someone who was 36.. and now... well, there's a 28 year difference (and have never fancied anyone so much in my life) - so I might be a little biased :o

You are going out with a 48 year old?! :eek:

He is older than my Dad and I'm older than you :p

He must think he's well in there.

But whatever makes you happy :)

SG - 5 years is nothing. Its only an issue if you make it to be one. I dated a 27 year old last summer for a short while and although it did cross my mind there was a 7 year age gap, it didn't actually affect us if you get what I mean.
  • Options
    You are going out with a 48 year old?! :eek:

Shes older than 20 isn't she?!
  • Options
    I'm sure she is 20/21. Something like that. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    I'm sure she is 20/21. Something like that. I could be wrong though.

Nay shes at least 23/24.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    This thread is about a developing situation at the moment.

Most of the guys that I work with are taken. One evening, a group of us were getting rather drunk in the bar, (the hangover the next day was horrendous, incidentally) and they were all talking about their girlfriends. Not in any crude way, though some of the banter was slightly sexual. One of the guys asked me about my girlfriend. I'm a single man, so I told them that. A group of them said "don't worry, Danny, we're going to find you a girlfriend.". It's one of few parts of the night I can remember. I assumed they were joking, of course, that it was the drink talking.

Not so. They've taken it literally. They've looked around the park for eligible young women, and have found someone that they claim would be a very good match for me. Now, I've known the girl in question for two years now, ever since I started working at the park. She's a wonderful woman who's been through far too much in her short life. It's safe to say I've got to like her during that time. However, before all this came about, I'd never thought of her as anything other than a friend. Apparently, she's quite keen on being more than mates with me.

I normally would be as well. Except just one potential problem. She's only 17. When I raise this with the guys, they say "it's not a problem at all". And indeed, on one level, I'm inclined to agree. Last year, my (now ex) girlfriend was 18 and I was 21, and it worked pretty well. But now there's a five-year age gap.

Is that too much at this young age? What are your opinions?

I'd be careful. I once went out with a 16 year old at 18. Lets just say, her dad didn't approve! :rolleyes:

take it easy...
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    I'd be careful. I once went out with a 16 year old at 18. Lets just say, her dad didn't approve and he definatley, definatley made sure I knew he didn't.

take it easy...

Fuck that shit. She 17 not 7.
  • Options
    Fuck what shit? Sorry, you lost me.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Nay shes at least 23/24.

I've just checked her myspace and it says she is 20. Rachhhh, come and tell us how old you are!
  • Options
    I still have a myspace? Are you sure? :p*can't actually remember*

JEBUS!

ETA: for the love of gawd.... please don't post the link :p:p

But how old are you?!
  • Options
    I'm 20 going on 37

20?! Why did i think you were older? :chin:
  • Options
    ah i love reading threads like this. there's a rather large age gap between myself and my fella and you guys make me realise that not everyone is either celibate or going out with people who have birthdays in the same week as theirs. thanks :)

and i will again repeat the established wisdom of the thread and say that an age gap is only an issue if you let it be one. though you do have to be careful with fathers. mine has come to terms with my relationship but i'm not letting them meet for another 4 or so years, just in case :p
  • Options
    hey all, i'm so glad I found this thread! I'm asking myself the same question at the moment. I've chatted to this girl over the net and we really seem to get on and there seems to be an obvious attraction between us but i'm a little bit concerned about the ages. Shes 15, 16 in a few months and i'm 18, 19 next year. It just feels a bit dodgy when shes starting year 11 in sept and i'm starting uni! However I think i'm just going to see how it goes in the meantime!
  • Options
    I have a 8 year gap from my bf i',m 18, hes 26.... dont worry about that xD just make sure her parents dont know XD
  • Options
    Im 18, fella im seein is 27, age never really comes into it! Although I thought he was about 23 and he thought I was about 21 when we first met,,,but it's fine! He's awesome. And my ma cant say owt, Dads 13 years older so I just throw that 1 in her face hehe.
    5 years is nothing, not as if shes 12.
    I always like older guys, 'lads' my age seem so immature! Maybe just compared to me, No offence =)
    x
  • Options
    There's a 3 1/2 year age gap between me and my bf. Works for us.
  • Options
    Blimey, I was not expecting all this! When I log onto the Internet, my homepage is TheSite.org's front page. I noticed that there was a direct link to this thread on there. Quite a surprise when you've just spent most of your day counting money, and dealing with kids who don't understand the concept of a change desk!

Anyway, the replies all seem to say "it's not an issue". I'm surprised. There was only one more cautious reply, saying her father might not approve. Her father died a few months ago, and the man who's effectively stepped into the breach, knows me pretty well. She's been away for the last few days, so I hope to be seeing her tomorrow. I liked the suggestion of not calling her a girlfriend just yet. And Icey, yep, I've got to admit I think far more than is necessary!
  • Options
    5 year is really nothing. I had 14 and a half in my last relationship (bad example but heyho) Its more about maturity rather then age. If you really do like her as more then a friend (and be 150 million% sure first or your really do risk fucking it up) then just take things slowly.
  • Options
    Hey, just saying that I'm 16 and I've recently started going out with a 21 year old. At first I was very unsure about the age difference and wondered why he wanted to go out with someone 5 years younger... but then realised that the age was really irrelevant and he fancied me despite the age difference, not because of it.
    We've now been together 4 months and I've never been happier :) I say go for it! :yes:
  • Options
    yeah taking it slow is always best :)
  • Options
    5 years is exactly the age difference between me and my girlfriend. She is 18 and I am 23.