Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What have you always wanted?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anything you've always wanted? Or wanted for a long time?

Ive always wanted a propper dressing table with a cream table cloth and a really ornate mirror and silver brush set. I'd love some of the old style atomisers as well. A real old fashioned style dressing table :) I'm determined one day I'll have one :heart:

Comments

• Options
    for people to value me for who i am, and to have friends who actually want to do things, and are willing to give and take....

materially, i´d really like a really nice corset that fits perfectly, otherwise internet access at home would be great
  • Options
    An Aston Martin.

There are lots of non-material sentimental things too, but I've always wanted an Aston Martin.
  • Options
    A LearJet

:thumb:
  • Options
    To be able to play an instrument. Sax, piano or guitar.
  • Options
    A Nissan Micra and a new nose.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »

You don't set your sights very high do you ? :p
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »

I'm selling a micra at the moment :D You want it?
  • Options
    Indian Runner Ducks, and the small holding to keep them on!
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    Same.

I want mine in pink though :flirt:
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »

now we're talking

i'd kill for a mint cossie tho :yum:

at this moment in time, anything that has wheels, an engine.. and moves .. and hopefully all will be well soon :D:D
  • Options
    to like myself a little
  • Options
    hot girlfriend.
  • Options
    The one thing I have always yearned for is the Beast's library from Beauty & the Beast. I have more sensible and serious "wants" now but, still, it'd be pretty sweet...

I wouldn't knock it if it was in the Beast's castle as in the story, but I'd prefer to have it as an obnoxiously large add-on to my dream ramshackle farm in the country where we would keep goats and have a donkey and spend all our spare time reading books and making jam. Bliss.

Alternatively I would like my velveteen rabbit Peter Sissons back. I lost him in the Gem & Rock museum in Scotland when I was wee and I have never fully recovered from the trauma.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    hot girlfriend.

:lol:
  • Options
    Alternatively I would like my velveteen rabbit Peter Sissons back. I lost him in the Gem & Rock museum in Scotland when I was wee and I have never fully recovered from the trauma.

:lol: why did you call him peter sissons? (if i may ask :d)
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    :lol: why did you call him peter sissons? (if i may ask :d)

Ha, well I met him when I was really young through my Dad's line of work and he really was the mutt's nuts. I decided that I wanted him to become my Dad instead of the miserable one I had but in lieu of that being possible I renamed my beloved Fred after him.

I did manage to keep hold of Joan Bakewell the elephant... but it's not a newsreaders & journalists theme or owt, honest! ;)
  • Options
    Right now, lemon juice wouldn't go a-miss! I thought we had some and my salad is so minging without it. I had to attempt the 'pop' of the flavour by adding zest of an orange, sigh.

But I've always wanted a flying carpet. No lie.
  • Options
    I have always wanted whatever it is that I can't have.
  • Options
    A lion. Not as a joke. I really really really want one. Every now and again you hear about a family with one and their neighbors freak out. But I'd have it as an indoor pet so nobody would get mad. Oh I can only dream :(

Failing that, I want a weenie dog. Or my brothers dog, a really stupid weenie/beagle mix.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Ha, well I met him when I was really young through my Dad's line of work and he really was the mutt's nuts. I decided that I wanted him to become my Dad instead of the miserable one I had but in lieu of that being possible I renamed my beloved Fred after him.

I did manage to keep hold of Joan Bakewell the elephant... but it's not a newsreaders & journalists theme or owt, honest! ;)

:D:D

points for originality i spose!
  • Options
    I always wanted a horse. Got him, and I can't think of anything else that comes close to how much I wanted a pony. :blush: :thumb:
  • Options
    I've always wanted to be able to paint my room red, not a really bright red and not a soft warm red, but somewhere just right in between. I live with my parents though, in a really old house so they don't approve. I have to settle for cream coloured room with hundreds of posters to try and cover it up :yeees:
  • Options
    I've always wanted to be able to paint my room red, not a really bright red and not a soft warm red, but somewhere just right in between. I live with my parents though, in a really old house so they don't approve. I have to settle for cream coloured room with hundreds of posters to try and cover it up :yeees:
    Aww just think how good it'll be when you can do it though. My bedroom is red, love it :)
  • Options
    The ED-209.

I'd send him to get the paper in the mornings. It'd freak the newsagent guy the fuck out.

And, he'd be handy for general property guarding and what not.
  • Options
    A big house of my own with lots of bedrooms and a big garden
  • Options
    I always wanted to get a laptop for myself. And yesterday, (Saturday) I finally managed to. I went into PC World with £500 in notes, and got this great Compaq laptop for £400, along with a bag for a tenner. I'm delighted.
  • Options
    Hmmm. A horse. And a nice house. And... i don't know. There's lots of things i'd like, but at the moment i'm grateful for my health, it's been much worse and i'm just glad that i can function normally.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    hot girlfriend.
    I suppose so.

Also, a group of friends like the ones you see in the movies (yes, I know it's probably not realistic). You all go pretty much everywhere together, and go places for holidays or just weekends once in a while.
  • Options
    A pair of tits for a day.