Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big Brother 2007

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
That time of the year is around the corner again, though I don't seem to know when it is starting...

Last I heard back a few months ago, was that they have closed the applications for it...

Anyone care to share news they have heard...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The word on the street is it starts on 31st May @ 9pm

Housemates are already in hiding. So applications have well and truly closed.

:thumb:
  • Options
    God I fucking hate Big Brother...but at the same time, I find it strangely addictive.
    It's such a load of shit and I don't know why I waste my life watching it, but it can be quite entertaining.

Except Big Brother live..that is just for sad mornic twats who NEED to get out more.
  • Options
    Anyone care to share news they have heard...

I've heard that Big Brother is well past it's sell by date and that there will soon be a new act of Parliment banning it from our screens.

This year promises to be full of one-hit wonders who will either try to shock us into liking them, be some damn annoying that you'll want to kill them or so damn boring/quiet that you'll forget the name the second Davina "Everybody Love Me" McColl has finished speaking to them after their "shock" eviction.
  • Options
    It lasts until August 31, and they will blow the house up on the last night (sadly, not with the contestants inside).

I heard it's going to be big brother: the rivals, with two separate houses?

I'll watch the first night but after that I'm going to try to avoid it. It's such a waste of time. And it's on every single night, so Channel 4 won't be showing some of the good documentaries they have been doing lately.

I used to like it, the first few series but not any more, they just seem to pick the most over the top people, most of the girls have fake boobs, hair extensions, have to be bisexual, it's just boring. They never seem to have interesting conversations while in the first series the people were more normal and less fame-hungry.
  • Options
    I heard it was starting on 1st June, heard about them blowing it up at the end of it too.
  • Options
    Im not gonna lie ... I always watch it on the week nights. Without even realising it i used to hate it but its one of those things that makes you want to watch more.

Davina can be sucha BITCH to some of the people though !
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    It lasts until August 31, and they will blow the house up on the last night (sadly, not with the contestants inside).

:lol::lol:

are they really blowing it up though ? Why ?
  • Options
    I cant see them blowing it up on the final night. I think it was just some spin from the BB producers that the Daily Star felt important enough for a front page headline.

They would be daft to blow the building up on the final night without taking the thousands of pounds worth of cameras, electrics and production equipment out.

Big Brother usually auctions off all the furnishings after the series, so I think its unlikely they will blow the building up.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Is it that time of year already, fooking hell, life is a passing me by.

I hate it, but watch it in the week.

Can't be arsed thinkng about it now tho.
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

are they really blowing it up though ? Why ?

I think it's because they have to move the house somewhere different for next year.

I'm guessing they would remove the furniture and everything first.
  • Options
    I watch the first night see who goes in then thats it although last year i watched it quite a lot for the first year ever lol
  • Options
    Wasn't there a Daily St*r rumour that they were deliberately putting all bisexual (or faux-bisexual) housemates in and limiting the amount of clothing the women could wear? It gets more exploitative every year.
  • Options
    I hope it doesnt go on air and they put something good on instead.
  • Options
    They should just dispense with all this "mean big brother", plying them with alchohol, making them share beds , "lets manipulate them into sex" stuff.....and be honest.

Put some prostitutes, some rapists, some violent psychopaths, and some nuns, give them a free supply of rohypnol and other choice drugs and baseball bats.....we'd see everything we crave as the sick nation we are.

BUT....ill still end up watching it....*sigh*
  • Options
    Every year I vow not to watch it and every year I get hooked. Dammit. Ah well, may as well give in to the powers of tv. Haha, I'm of the MTV generation and proud of it!
  • Options
    yeah im the same.
    u get addicted:banghead:
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Every year I vow not to watch it and every year I get hooked. Dammit. Ah well, may as well give in to the powers of tv. Haha, I'm of the MTV generation and proud of it!

Hehe, yep, this sums me up too! I also have a friend who is obsessed, and so she gets me into it, grr :(
  • Options
    I always watch big brother and I will happily admit it! Its better than saying "I hate Big Brother its a pile of shit" and then secretly watch it, which a lot of people do!! :p
    However I don't ever vote or watch the live shows nor even the spin off shows because I never found whatshisface Brand funny and I don't really like Dermot.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I never found whatshisface Brand funny and I don't really like Dermot.

Finally a girl with good taste. :D I cant stand Russell Brand, he just isn't funny. Dermot is alright, but he just cant seem to cope without the fucking clipboard he has giving him his lines.
  • Options
    ive read that they are trying to make it even worse this year and they are putting the cooker in the bedroom so contestants cant go to bed early the bath is going in the living room so that they will have to have a bath infront of everybody, the fridge is going in the garden and part of the pool will be indoors as well. cant rember where i read it now i think it was in one of the sunday magazines yesterday
  • Options
    Oh god is this dross still going? I sometimes watch the opening program to see this years freaks and then make sure that 10pm every weekday night for the duration is neighbours time. :D
  • Options
    They should just dispense with all this "mean big brother", plying them with alchohol, making them share beds , "lets manipulate them into sex" stuff.

Indeed! I can't even begin to think how gutted I'd be if my landlord started offering me free alcohol every night and forcing me to share a bed with a passable female.

I do like Big Brother, but if they're going to be nasty, do it properly! How about no alcohol and no beds! That'd be far more interesting to be honest!

What I'd love to see done is move the series to a half-hour monthly slot at 4am on a Monday morning, except without the housemates knowing. That'd knock 'em for six when they're evicted and it turns out three people have been watching. :D
  • Options
    Ah ha ha, funny! I was just about to suggest something similar!
  • Options
    Well, I'll be watching it. I've watched every year since it started so I'm not going to stop now.

I just hope they put some fit men in there this year. The last fittie was Stuart Wilson, and even then he was with that bunny boiler Michelle.

So yeah, looking forward to it....
  • Options
    I hope to God they have an 'ordinary' gay person. Not some over camp prick who screams all the time and wears make up or some dungaree wearing, crew cut lesbian. Just ordinary, average, everyday people who just happen to shag the same sex.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I hope to God they have an 'ordinary' gay person. Not some over camp prick who screams all the time and wears make up or some dungaree wearing, crew cut lesbian. Just ordinary, average, everyday people who just happen to shag the same sex.

You had Nadia. She was dungaree wearing :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »

Wasn't there that irish Brian? I thought he was lovely :) And also the canadian.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Wasn't there that irish Brian? I thought he was lovely :) And also the canadian.

Queens :rolleyes:

:D
  • Options
    they made another series? how depressing.
  • Options
    I'll be watching as well. And I'm looking forward to it :D