Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men wearing Jewellery

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1983 wrote: »
    You're young and wee. I still think you'll find yer style. :razz:
    Cheeky bint :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    For some reason, I imagine you looking like DJ Slipmatt, but alot younger! :D

Cheers. :impissed:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Used to wear an earing, till I realised it was naff. :D

lol, same here actually...
    I only got my ear done cos my sister had just finished a course on it and wanted someone to practice on.

I sometimes wear a medium silver chain round my neck and I have a thin silver bracelet. Don't always wear them though, depends on what I'm doing.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I sometimes wear a medium silver chain round my neck and I have a thin silver bracelet. Don't always wear them though, depends on what I'm doing.

Same about the chain really. I don't wear it to work.

Always wear my watch though. Love it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I dont mind men wearing watches. I'm dont really like earring's that much, unless its streched lobes. Apart from that I dont really notice.
  • Options
    A watch is a must! The rest depends on the actual jewellery and the bloke wearing it, I suppose. It's not high on my list of priorities :)
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Cheers. :impissed:

:lol: Only kidding mate :razz:
  • Options
    I don't mind a man wearing a watch, chunky bracelet and ring, chunky necklace or dog tag necklace but they all have to be silver or leather.
  • Options
    Depends. I have a little silver necklace I got for my graduation from grammar school. I sometimes wear it. It looks like those army identification badges tho. It has "In deep, sincere mourning" inscribed in crude, irregular but still professional gravure. Don't know what they were thinking ^^ -> attachment 1

Then I have once of those surfer necklaces which look like bamboo, they look grand in summer, when worn with a casual style like, jeans and t-shirt. attachment 2

Other than that just my beamless blue Swatch Irony (attachment 3) I occasionally wear a leather wristband or one made out of a very dark metal, not a noble metal tho. attachment 4

Then I have one of those massive metal chains for around the neck,... they were totally ganxter back in the days :blush: I still wear it tho, when I want to attract attention, have no intention to pull, or don't go anywhere where someone might hit me for it ;) I get constantly called for it, but I don't mind I wear it with ... some kind of ... pride ;) attachment 5

hardly wear any of it tho, except the bamboo one. taste alters.
  • Options
    I've got a bead necklace, that I don't really wear very often (bought it when I had a whole beachy theme going on). And I have my silver watch that I wear all the time, a gold watch that spends most of it's time in the case, and silver cufflinks for when the shirt demands it. I did have an earring in school though, until every other lad in my year copied me, and I got rid. Gotta keep ahead of the game.
  • Options
    Watches and a nice ring is ok. Not a fan of necklaces, not everyone can pull it off. Some can but some can't.

I've never seen a man in a bracelet, that sounds scary.
  • Options
    I wear a silver torque bracelet, and that's it.

... I hate all this shitty stuff the guys seem to pick up in Next etc .. sorry Bri, but it's just ... eurgh ... cheap n nasty!
  • Options
    Only jewellery I wear is my wedding ring, and I haven't been wearing that recently because its now too big for my finger.

I think good jewellery can look good on the right man, but a set of cheap cufflinks and a blingin' watch doesn't. Ear-rings are always a no-no, but I think some men can pull off facial piercings quite well.
  • Options
    I like beaded neclaces and bracelets. I like facial piercings on some men, but not ear piercings. I think they look lame.
  • Options
    I don't mind some facials piercings.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm not a fan of jewellery on men. Don't know why, tbh. I also don't really class a watch as jewellery (even though it is :/ )

'Im indoors wears his watch, wedding and engagement rings. That is more than enough, quite franky :yes:
  • Options
    I quite like ear-stretching on guys, but only upto about a 14mm gauge. Otherwise it starts to get gross.

Big no-no to bead necklaces, I don't find them stylish at all. Nor really obvious/long chains. Gotta keep them short and sweet.

Piercings are noooiiice, apart from the eyebrow - always thought that was a bit chavvy.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote: »
    ...always thought that was a bit chavvy.
    Says the filthy chav herself ;)
  • Options
    i have a smart armani silver watch my missus got me, a silver gucci bracelet which is well good lookin and a silver necklace which i cant find at the mo.Im contemplating gettin my ear pierced..
  • Options
    I wear a silver band ring on my middle finger. And thats it. Unless i get a piercing. I fucking hate gold!

:mad:

Cant believe this thread is still going!
  • Options
    Heh well seeing as it's still alive. I have one ring which I rarely wear, I'm still not sure about it, it's a plain ring with a tiny diamond in it.

http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/4992334/ A bit like that but it has only one thin line around the centre with a tiny diamond in the middle.

Also have a silver chain which I also rarely wear now to be honest.

I also recently got myself this watch for work which I rather like.

http://shadestation.co.uk/cPath/-2_299/products_id/5297/product_info.php

To be honest I usually just have the watch on.
  • Options
    Hot - Silver braclets or necklaces as long as they are quite chunky but not dead big and some times earings are ok but they only really suit some men like david beckham looks good with them but men should defo stay away from hoops

Not - Anything yellow gold and chavy hoop earrings bit madelion things (sp)
  • Options
    Cant believe this thread is still going!

It wasn't. It had died a death, for the second time, until you bumped it back up. :banghead:
  • Options
    Bite me!
  • Options
    a few of my gansta lad mates wear a lot of gold chains (propa but who can actually tell?) and thats pretty much the reason they are my mates and not boyfriend ... doesnt do it for me

so hot? less is more of boys but i quite like eye brow peircing the odd bit here and there i guess

not hot .. ali g stylie .. blap blap
  • Options
    I liked having my eyebrow pierced but for me it just grew out too often, I had the left done 3 times and my right done once and in the end all the pain and puss kind of got boring to have the end result for a couple of months.

I've got a nice smart watch, a medium silver bracelet and chain, don't wear my rings anymore, my nipple pierced with a hoop at the moment while I wait for my new bar, and a gold hoop in my ear, had that since the 90's, can't bring myself to part with it lol.

I wouldn't mind having something else pierced, considered the top part of the ear, or my tongue or something... I dannooooooooo
  • Options
    I liked having my eyebrow pierced but for me it just grew out too often, I had the left done 3 times and my right done once and in the end all the pain and puss kind of got boring to have the end result for a couple of months.

I've got a nice smart watch, a medium silver bracelet and chain, don't wear my rings anymore, my nipple pierced with a hoop at the moment while I wait for my new bar, and a gold hoop in my ear, had that since the 90's, can't bring myself to part with it lol.

I wouldn't mind having something else pierced, considered the top part of the ear, or my tongue or something... I dannooooooooo

I don't mind jewellery on blokes if it's piercing jewellery, but lots of chains and braclets just is NOT a good look :yuck: I think eyebrow piercings are HOT, as are nipple piercings.... yum :naughty: a friend of mine has his tongue pierced; he can get away with it cos he's a bit odd, but I know blokes who have it done that it really doesnt suit.
  • Options
    I don't like lots of chains, I usually keep my neck chain tucked in unless it really sets an outfit off, like a nice black top. They are all silver btw.

I dunno what else to have pierced, could have my other nipple done I guess but I dunno lol
  • Options
    I don't like lots of chains, I usually keep my neck chain tucked in unless it really sets an outfit off, like a nice black top. They are all silver btw.

I dunno what else to have pierced, could have my other nipple done I guess but I dunno lol

Could go for an ear piercing, like your tragus or anti-tragus. They can look nice on men :)