Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leicester

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I liked both Nottingham and Birmingham. Peterborough's a bit of a dive.

London wins, clearly. But i wouldn't want to work there, so it's a bit catch-22.
  • Options
    I liked both Nottingham and Birmingham. Peterborough's a bit of a dive.

London wins, clearly. But i wouldn't want to work there, so it's a bit catch-22.

I'm the opposite, I wouldn't mind working in london, but I wouldn't want to live there. But I don't want to commute long distance either, so will probably save it for days out :p.
  • Options
    leicester aint really that bad.

its not too scrubby or rough. in fact, its quite nice really. can be very studenty though. loads of places to go in town and theres a few streets like narborugh rd and begrave rd that are decent.
    its got quite a few parks to play footy on too.

the one way system isnt really bad either. once youve drove about a bit its easy. it is only a ring road afterall.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    but I wouldn't want to live there.

Any particular reason why? Have you actually spent any time there?
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Any particular reason why? Have you actually spent any time there?

It's too busy and urban. I enjoy country-ish life. I enjoy having a garden, being able to take walks in the park etc.

The only time I've spent there is visiting it though. So maybe it's a case of try it before you knock it.
  • Options
    It's too busy and urban. I enjoy country-ish life. I enjoy having a garden, being able to take walks in the park etc.

The only time I've spent there is visiting it though. So maybe it's a case of try it before you knock it.

People do have gardens in London y'know!
    And there's lots of nice parks.
    I'd love to live there, probably not settle down and live there with a family, but at least live there for a few years while I'm still young(ish) enough to enjoy all it has to offer.
    :)
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    People do have gardens in London y'know!
    And there's lots of nice parks.
    I'd love to live there, probably not settle down and live there with a family, but at least live there for a few years while I'm still young(ish) enough to enjoy all it has to offer.

Yep.

If I recall, London has the most open space/parkland per person than any other city in the UK.

I definitely recommend people give it a shot - hey, even if you don't like it, you can always leave and THEN you can give an opinion on it and say "Well, I tried it and it wasn't for me!"

• Options
    Good point :p. Well, I'm only 19, got a good 50/60 years ahead of me to try it out for a little bit!
  • Options
    Good point :p. Well, I'm only 19, got a good 50/60 years ahead of me to try it out for a little bit!

*Passes you a baby rattle* ;)

Just a bairn!! :lol:
  • Options
    Good thread!

Anything you wanna know, PM me. Sadly enough, I'm quite the expert...!
  • Options
    Cheers mate!

I'm just getting my contact up there to check out some nice apartments for me to let. I'm going to be based at Lee Circle and there's a nice new block there called the Metropolitan Apartments which look promising. We'll see.

Otherwise, it should be reet.

On a very plus note, I'm heading here on the Friday after I start for a champagne night :)

http://www.vertigo42.co.uk/
  • Options
    Cheers mate!

I'm just getting my contact up there to check out some nice apartments for me to let. I'm going to be based at Lee Circle and there's a nice new block there called the Metropolitan Apartments which look promising. We'll see.

Otherwise, it should be reet.

On a very plus note, I'm heading here on the Friday after I start for a champagne night :)

http://www.vertigo42.co.uk/

My brother lived in a new appartment up Lee Circle a couple of years ago - very nice...
  • Options
    My brother lived in a new appartment up Lee Circle a couple of years ago - very nice...

Yeah, they're 1 minute from my client's office, 1 minute from the gym, 5 minutes from the consultancy office and 7 minutes from the station.

Location-wise, that is about as ideal as you can get. :)
  • Options
    Location-wise, that is about as ideal as you can get. :)

Apart from its in Leicester :p
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Apart from its in Leicester :p

There are worse places to live...