Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coffee, greatest of all jet-fuels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maybe I should be posting this in Student since it's helping me with a speech for my intro to public speaking class, but it is sort of a general discussion as well (there, that?s my justification for post whore?n);)

Anyhow, I love coffee, so much that I have to give a speech about it. Tough part is that it needs to be sorta light hearted and funny, something I'm horrible at. Anyone want to share some profound insights into why Coffee is the greatest thing invented since air?

Comments

• Options
    well, as lagwagon would say

Morning has broken
    MR. Coffee has spoken
    The familiar wake-up call
    sings to my ears
    I wake with a shrug
    To the floor with a thud
    Where in this hellhole is my coffee mug?
    I can now face the day
    on legal speed (The American way)
    I'm sketching
    I'm seizing
    I'm spazing
    I'm shaking
    I can not stop spilling on my brand new shirt
    I-I-I'm wired
    I'm so inspired
    I drank the entire pot
    so off to work
    Here I come to save the day
    on legal speed (The American way)
    Drinking coffee
    I drink coffee
    Drinking coffee everyday
  • Options
    There is an excellent tome of a book out called Caffiene, which is chock full of really strange and interesting facts about coffee.
  • Options
    I never really drank coffee till about 2 weeks ago, was more a tea man.

Waking up for uni everyday so early after many a blinding night out, I got tired of dragging myself in, half asleep! Caffine sorted me out, I feel awake, alert, almost everyday, even when I haven't been to bed the night before :) .

The stuff certainly surprised me!
  • Options
    Yes! For me, it has to be proper beans/ground stuff from the far side of the English Channel. On this side of the Channel, the best stuff is 'Cafe Direct' in red and blue bags from your supermarket.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    well, as lagwagon would say

Ha lagwagon...classic.

I like coffee but I just can't drink the stuff because the caffeine gives me bad heart palpitations. Which is a shame, because I have a lovely proper coffee machine and the decaf coffee for it just doesn't taste the same!
  • Options
    I'm not too fond of normal coffee, but like cappuccino and espresso (at the right times).
  • Options
    I love coffee, I love espresso's, cappuccino's, white chocolate mocha's from cafe nero and latte's.

My favourite type of real coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain.
  • Options
    I didn't used to like coffee until the age of about 16/17. Now I love coffee. Never tried tea so not sure about that (cant stand the smell). But the smell of coffee is great.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I didn't used to like coffee until the age of about 16/17. Now I love coffee. Never tried tea so not sure about that (cant stand the smell). But the smell of coffee is great.

You've never tried Tea?! I'm not a massive tea drinker, I much prefer coffee but I thought everyone had tried it! lol
  • Options
    Being English / living in the UK and not having tried tea is simply not possible :-)