Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First Times...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just being thinking, because a very close friend of mine is thinking about having her "first time" with her new boyfriend, did anyone else plan it out? Or did it just happen?

In my friends case, she is 18, all her friends have had sex but she hasnt and she wants to do it before she goes to university and since she has her first boyfriend now, she is debating getting him into bed. I wasnt so sure that was a good idea if it's her first time and she isn't in Love...

But then i remembered my first time and it was HORRIBLE! And i'm a guy...!
How does a guy have a bad time? Well... it was a date with a girl who, despite being hot, was not my sort of girl, so the sex was bad and awkward and i DEFINATELY should have waited until i had a more serious girlfriend to do it that i cared about.

Did anyone else regret their first time, like i do?

Comments

• Options
    Oh God yeah, I don't know anyone who had an amazing first time - mine's was not at all planned out, I'd just learnt how to do a handjob about 2 days before so he must have taken that as a hint I was ready.

My first time involved his pet dog licking my hand whilst my then boyfriend thrusted away with me laying there awkwardly and wondering how long it'd last, the shame.

God, I was such an awkward 17 year old. But I'm glad I was though, makes me appreciate getting shitfaced more now and just indulging in debauchery of the highest esteem. :razz:
  • Options
    No point planning for it to be special with candles and all that stuff.

Putting blood stained bedsheets into the washer afterwards kills the moment a bit.
  • Options
    Mine wasn't planned, but I sort of knew it'd happen as I was meeting a guy who I'd met the day before (almost did it then) and he was leaving two days later. A big part of the reason I met him again was because I knew what it'd entail but not how and where and when it'd happen. ;)

I don't regret it at all, I was actually quite relieved for the whole losing my virginity thing to be over with. It was a little uncomfortable, but I was actually surprised by the fact that I wasn't in pain and the moment was nice enough. :thumb:
  • Options
    Mine wasn't planned at all, and yes I regret being in that situation completely.

I was a very naive 13yo, (who hadn't even thought about how sex worked, let alone doing it) and basically let a guy get on top of me in a tent when we were half asleep kissing, he decided to go for it and I was ok with the fooling (which was crap anyway) before he dropped his pants and I had time to think ouch that really hurts, then it was over and I came to my senses. So yes, definately not a good experience.

The next time I had sex (over 2 years later) was a little more thought out, in that I'd been with a guy a couple of weeks and just knew I wanted to try it again, so we did. It wasn't like "I'll see you friday and we'll have sex", we just messed around and kept going, although first time was crap.

With my current boyfriend I guess it was planned, but only in the sense of I was going to sleep at his mates with him so it was like the first opportunity. Ended up sneaking back to his house and kicking his brother out. But that was pretty crap first time too.
  • Options
    Well i was 15 and I hadn't seen my boyfriend at the time in nearly three weeks because we had both been on holiday ... we were already doing second base regularly and nearly had sex and when i saw him i guess emotions were just running high because of not seeing him and all ..

anyway it was a summers night, i had a free house, coolio was playing in the background (fuck knows why, his choice must have been nervous) and we loved eachother

was still awkward and crap though

but i guess it was sweet .. bless him
  • Options
    hmmm...i was 15 and not planned as i didnt even know the guy till the mornin before the night it happened-it was in a field in march so was freezing-he said he loved me and so we did other stuff and he didnt stop-after the deed was done he got up told me it was the worst he had and disappeared so yeah i regret it
  • Options
    He snapped my 'shag bracelet' and he joked saying that we have to do it now and I said okay then..which shocked him a bit. It was lovely though, he was very caring and I got the hiccups through laughing.
  • Options
    nah, not horrible... obviously not a blast either. we had to stop, because she was in pain. not sure if we finished that up later that night, or the next day.

It was my first girlfriend and a week into the relationship :3 Moreover yonks ago, can't remember it very clearly.
    Rachael wrote: »
    He snapped my 'shag bracelet'

Ingenious. Everyone should have one.

Sounds like you are easy to have ;);)
  • Options
    Not planned at all, by me at least. Sneaky feeling he may have had it on his mind when he invited me over because "we hadn't seen each other for months", but whatever. It was hardly the amazing experience I'd built it up to be. Being in large amounts of pain while lying on a beanbag on his living room floor, with "Stacy's mom has got it goin' on" playing on the TV in the background is not my idea of romance, oddly enough. Added to the fact that he was actually someone ELSE'S boyfriend, not mine, it was not the best of experiences.

Fucking cunt :yeees:.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    nah, not horrible... obviously not a blast either. we had to stop, because she was in pain. not sure if we finished that up later that night, or the next day.

It was my first girlfriend and a week into the relationship :3 Moreover yonks ago, can't remember it very clearly.

Ingenious. Everyone should have one.

Sounds like you are easy to have ;);)

Oioi less of the cheek austrian boy :razz:
  • Options
    He snapped my 'shag bracelet'

Oh my god, we had those too! Hehe, memories :D

My first time was planned... I was 15 with limited time alone with my boyfriend, so I wanted us to make sure we had enough time alone etc. I'm so glad it was with who it was with, but looking back, I was too young and probably should have waited.
  • Options
    Oh my god, we had those too! Hehe, memories :D

I found a whole load of mine when I (well, we...Rich did most of it :o) tidied my room on Sunday :D.
  • Options
    Hehe, did you two used to do that magical thing of crossing them over so they looked linked?
  • Options
    Yeah, I have a very old (glow in the dark! very important ;) ) one in my jewellery box with a bunch of other 'sentimental value' stuff...
  • Options
    Hehe, did you two used to do that magical thing of crossing them over so they looked linked?
    :yes: :D.

Oh, I need to go and do that now. *grabs shag bands*.
  • Options

Oh my god, yes! :lol:
  • Options
    it took me ages to learn how to do that cuz of my dyspraxia! my friends wouldnt show me how to do it for ages the turds!!
  • Options
    i had one but my friend broke it but i was not sleepin with her haha
  • Options
    My most treasured one was a clear one with silver glitter in it :D
    I had loads though :o
    I saw someone wearing some fairly recently and had to stop myself rushing over and shouting "oh my god, shag bands!!!" at them :p
  • Options
    it took me ages to learn how to do that cuz of my dyspraxia! my friends wouldnt show me how to do it for ages the turds!!
    How mean :(.
  • Options
    i liked the plain black ones because i was that hardcore..oh and the glow in the dark ones for underage 'clubbing'
  • Options
    I had black ones mostly, with rare deviances to flourescent pink :D.
  • Options
    Did you have this thing amongst your friends of trying to win them too? I can't remember how we actually did it, I just don't remember buying any :chin:
  • Options
    Did you have this thing amongst your friends of trying to win them too? I can't remember how we actually did it, I just don't remember buying any :chin:
    I don't really remember, it was *far* too long ago, but I don't really remember buying that many in proportion to the amount I actually obtained, so maybe...
  • Options
    no i was a bit cheeky and stole them from drunk people who decided they 'loved' me and wanted to give me a bracelet
  • Options
    It just happened. I had just turned 16 and had been dating this 20 year old for a while. He was kept a secret from alot of people because of the age gap. I was rather scared of losing my v-plates and he was the pressurising type sooo, one night when I was drunk, I just gave in. It was obvious I wasn't ready as it hurt like hell, there was lots of blood and generally, it was minging. He was a right prat. We split up a few weeks later :yeees:
  • Options
    I dont regret it at all no. I just want there to be someone else so i dont associate sex with one person :|
  • Options
    Mine wasn't planned at all, and yes I regret being in that situation completely.

I was a very naive 13yo, (who hadn't even thought about how sex worked, let alone doing it) and basically let a guy get on top of me in a tent when we were half asleep kissing, he decided to go for it and I was ok with the fooling (which was crap anyway) before he dropped his pants and I had time to think ouch that really hurts, then it was over and I came to my senses. So yes, definately not a good experience.

That sounds almost identical to my first experience. Hey ho.

My second 'first' time, which is one i'd much rather remember, happened two years later and i don't regret and didn't plan. I was staying with my boyfriend at someone's house (i think their parents were away or he was house sitting or something) and we'd been 'fooling about' till about 5am in that way you do in the summer holidays when you're 15 and don't have work to go to... and it just felt right, we'd only been together for about 9 days (though i knew him quite well already) and it was really nice. Not mind blowing, not amazing sex, but it was nice and good that it was with him.

I wish that'd been my first. I think i might just write off my first first experience. Pretend it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Well.....I don't regret my first time being with the person it was with, because at the time I had proper feelings for him, so it at least meant something to me...I later worked out he was a bit of a wanker, but still don't really regret it, looking back!

The actual sex wasn't great, but it wasn't awful, either, which I think is the most you can hope for the first time!! :D
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    "Stacy's mom has got it goin' on"
    Not just me!