Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

They say.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Body language is a massive part of us humans communicating. So for people on here who have never met (the majority I reckon) each other, do you think we could have the total wrong end of the stick when it comes to our fellow thesiter's personalities?
If you have met someone have you quickly realised you were wrong? No names and revealing info pls - just interested in the physchics behind it all...

Another thread had me thinking this.

Comments

• Options
    Nope, any friendship I've had with anybody off here has been the same in the real world. No surprises, nasty or otherwise.

Some things just don't really come across online like they do IRL. I'm really quite shy but it's pretty hard to come across as being shy in general conversation on an internet forum.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I'm really quite shy but it's pretty hard to come across as being shy in general conversation on an internet forum.

Actually you give me the impression you would be kinda shy.

To answer the question. No they were pretty much the same..
  • Options
    Probably, I know I give a lot of stick to people here and I do in real life too but it's all in good jest. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Probably, I know I give a lot of stick to people here and I do in real life too but it's all in good jest. :thumb:

fuck up ya wanker :D
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    fuck up ya wanker :D

Suck the back of them ye spidey wee cunt. ;)
  • Options
    most of you would realise i actually have fantastic sarcastic wit.
  • Options
    Alot of the people that I've met off here have told me I'm the same in real life.

Most people I've met off here have been just how I expected them to be. However, there are a few that I've met that were completely different and I don't necessarily mean in a bad way.
  • Options
    No idea how people perceive me, and i dont care much. Most people have been as i expected them to be.
  • Options
    I've yet to meet anyone from thesite so I'm not really sure. Although, I'm willing to bet that most of them are different from what you'd expect from reading stuff on the boards. You can only get so much info on a persons personality by internet posts.

From what I've been told, folks round here think I'm either a girl or a really campy gay. In person I'm nothing like that.
  • Options
    A couple of people I've met were a little bit different, but by and large most of them were exactly how I thought they'd be. Sometimes it is hard to judge what people are really like over the Internet though. Not necessarily personality, just in terms of confidence. Although I suppose that meeting a whole group of random TheSiters is a little different to normal social situations, because meeting people off here means that most of them have read stuff about you that hardly anyone knows. Bound to be a *little* uncomfortable.
  • Options
    The people I dislike on here can't change that by having the godliest of body language.

The people I like and want to meet ... same I guess, except their bodylanguage is wildly throwing punches in every direction.
  • Options
    Completely. Too many people online take me way too seriously, or get offended by stuff I say when I'm really just arsing around.
  • Options
    On here I feel like I have the freedom to say whatever I'm thinking so I'm not being fake or anything, just in ordinary life I'm the quiet one. Havent met anyone off here yet so don't know! But I guess they will be pretty much the same.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Body language is a massive part of us humans communicating. So for people on here who have never met (the majority I reckon) each other, do you think we could have the total wrong end of the stick when it comes to our fellow thesiter's personalities?
    If you have met someone have you quickly realised you were wrong? No names and revealing info pls - just interested in the physchics behind it all...

Another thread had me thinking this.

I was thinking this ...

I haven't met any body off here but I wonder if I come across differently on here to what I'm actually like in real life with friends because usually I'm really chatty and outgoing but on here I might come across differently .. I wonder if other people are the same
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Nope, any friendship I've had with anybody off here has been the same in the real world. No surprises, nasty or otherwise.

Some things just don't really come across online like they do IRL. I'm really quite shy but it's pretty hard to come across as being shy in general conversation on an internet forum.

i always thought u came across as really outgoing (however much that can be on a messageboard :p).

Body language is a lot to do with communication but it's not a lot to do with personality i dont think.
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    Body language is a lot to do with communication but it's not a lot to do with personality i dont think.

Yeah and also you may only see certain sides to someones personality on here. I don't think anyone can give a full picture of what they're really like.