Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strangest compliments?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondered what the strangest compliments you've been given are, or at least the ones that struck you as strange at the time and you still aren't sure you have the meaning.

Both my boyfriend, and my ex boyfriend, have told me "You'd look good pregnant." Strange that they both said exactly the same thing. On Friday boyfriend also told me I suited a shopping trolley, and he was serious, but it wasn't in a "your place is in the home" way, because he's not like that.

Now I can't decide if a) those actually are compliments, and b) whether that reflects more on me being a homely girl (am I?) or them having paternal instincts, and as such my apparent attraction to a future "family man". Guys? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    I've been told (and had it backed up by several other guys) that I have a "spankable arse". I get told I'm "cute" a LOT but I just dont see it myself.
  • Options
    Just wondered what the strangest compliments you've been given are, or at least the ones that struck you as strange at the time and you still aren't sure you have the meaning.

Both my boyfriend, and my ex boyfriend, have told me "You'd look good pregnant." Strange that they both said exactly the same thing. On Friday boyfriend also told me I suited a shopping trolley, and he was serious, but it wasn't in a "your place is in the home" way, because he's not like that.

Now I can't decide if a) those actually are compliments, and b) whether that reflects more on me being a homely girl (am I?) or them having paternal instincts, and as such my apparent attraction to a future "family man". Guys? :chin:

probably means they'd love to see you with massive gahooners!
  • Options
    oh, and apparently looking nine years younger than I am is a compliment???
  • Options
    Psycho stalker from my old work last year who wouldn't leave me alone for months. Flirty email after flirty email abour how she thinks I'm lovely, then she hits me with..

"I don't go for the brainy sort of guys"

Worked out alright really seeing as she was one of those girls who should convert to Islam and get that Burkah on sharpish, y'know?
  • Options
    A security guard in a shop came up to me one day and said "excuse me I just wanted to tell you that you'd look even prettier if you just smiled". Fucking hate it when people say that! If I walked around smiling on my own people would think I was potty.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Fucking hate it when people say that! If I walked around smiling on my own people would think I was potty.

Or high :D
  • Options
    Ha! People say that to me all the time. I got told I looked like Nelly Furtado last night. Good compliment, but since I have pale skin and grey eyes, not likely. And he was a gay guy, so not just trying to get into my panties. Weird.
  • Options
    one of my male friends said i "have a nice bum - its really jiggly"

in my book, thats NOT a good thing!!
  • Options
    A couple of times people have told me they feel safer with me around... I guess that's a compliment of sorts.

I know I've had other weird compliments but I can't remember them right now.
  • Options
    Someone once told me, "I love your chin. It's so nice, I wish i had it."

I was like...errr, thanks?
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    A couple of times people have told me they feel safer with me around... I guess that's a compliment of sorts..

Must be a right little hard nut in a fight then .. :)
  • Options
    I've mentioned this one before... when I was younger I was always sensitive about my ears - they are quite elfin and stick out a little and I used to see them as a flaw.

When I was 18 I worked for a law firm and went to their joint office christmas party in London. I was approached through the crowds by this guy who made a beeline towards me and exclaimed 'oh my god, I love your ears, they are beautiful'.

It really took me aback but that one comment really changed the way I view them and since then have always quite liked them :)
  • Options
    that my arse is wasted on a white man.....wasnt sure how to take it haha
  • Options
    A girl once told me I smelt of hospital. In a good way.

Go figure proclaimed the populus.
  • Options
    I got a compliment that made me laugh. I got told I have a really pink scalp where my parting is. I was slightly unsure how to react to that until they explained that they meant it in a good way and that they meant I have clean hair/no dandruff:lol: Still, even that sounded amusing.
  • Options
    I was told I look like a cute china doll 'til I open my mouth
  • Options
    Hmm..I asked my boyfriend what attracted him to me and he said personality..and when I said 'what about looks?' he said that looks don't matter. I felt like a right uggo! He's crap at compliments sometimes.
  • Options
    well for me my ex kept on adoring my nose!?!?!?! what the hel is that about she was like aaaawwww how cute is youre nose and id be like dude its a fucking nose whats so good bout it she say becouse it's so perfect or sumthing like that
    fucking wiered or what i didnt mind her adoring my nose i just found it a bit strange
  • Options
    strangest I've ever received: you're weird, the good kinda weird.
  • Options
    Some man said to me "I really like bigger women" :eek: Charming! Just as well I like ugly men eh!!!

I have also been told I have nice ears. FACT.
  • Options
    :chin:
    Replicant wrote: »
    you're weird, the good kinda weird.

hhhhhhmmmm so then who's wierd becouse on your avatar there is a stick man rocking back and forth :chin: am i wierd
  • Options

hhhhhhmmmm so then who's wierd becouse on your avatar there is a stick man rocking back and forth :chin: am i wierd

you got the wrong idea, that was the strangest compliment I've ever recieved :p
  • Options
    I got an 'I love you for being strong about what you believe' from the boy over the weekend. This was linked to me pouring a glass of cold water over his head when he was being a twat. I'm starting to think he's mad. :eek2:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    you got the wrong idea, that was the strangest compliment I've ever recieved :p

:lol:

There are some crackers in this thread
  • Options
    JsT went to me "you're stomach isn't that big". I wasn't impressed.

He also went to me "so and so has nicer legs than you but you have a much better arse and pair of tits".

(Sorry James if you read it but it just had to be told in this thread :p)

eta: James hasn't seen my tits, legs or arse out of clothes :p I've just realised how bad the above sounds!
  • Options
    One ex girlfriend used to find my big toe a turn on.
  • Options
  • Options
    I was once told I had delightful collar bones.

• Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    A security guard in a shop came up to me one day and said "excuse me I just wanted to tell you that you'd look even prettier if you just smiled". Fucking hate it when people say that! If I walked around smiling on my own people would think I was potty.

i hate it when people say things like that. i smile when i need to, not all the time!

when i was 16 i went on a date with this lad i met through my sister. he said he liked me because he saw my sister in me (he'd previously liked her). oh dear..!

eta: i have a bit of a lisp and i lad i was getting friendly with said he liked she way i speak..so i was like why? and he said my lisp was cute. hmm!
  • Options
    well for me my ex kept on adoring my nose!?!?!?! what the hel is that about she was like aaaawwww how cute is youre nose and id be like dude its a fucking nose whats so good bout it she say becouse it's so perfect or sumthing like that
    fucking wiered or what i didnt mind her adoring my nose i just found it a bit strange

I'm a nose lover too... nothing strange about that. I often compliment people on their noses. (If they're nice ones) :yes:

My friends at school sometimes used to greet me by running up to me and immediatly sniffing my hair... sometimed 5 of them at the same time getting a good sniff... It smelt nice aparently... But that was very strange. (And also slightly scary at times cos I was smaller than all of them so would get drowned under a sea of people grabbing my hair for a smell)... :eek2: