Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dealing with a break up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my ex-other half reads this but i think it's alight to ask, just basically how have you dealt with a break up?

me. since last monday i've been wondering how to think of things, i'd like to know her still, she's a lovely person even if i can't trust her anymore but i would like to be her friend again, definetly because he was the love of my life until last weekend

at the moment im just trying to get on with things and whore myself even if that doesnt work for me mentally

what does me in is trying to work out what to think and stuff, i love her still, i miss her, but i can never trust her around anyone again even if i eventually forgive her argghhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's so annoying

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry mate. I'm sure your mind has all sorts of stuff running through it, but just remember you are who you are...no one can take that away from you. It's more than likely her loss and if you don't make ammends with her then there's plenty more fish in the sea. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Don't worry mate. I'm sure your mind has all sorts of stuff running through it, but just remember you are who you are...no one can take that away from you. It's more than likely her loss and if you don't make ammends with her then there's plenty more fish in the sea. :thumb:

:yes:
  • Options
    i would like to be her friend again

If you want to be friends with her but are finding the break up hard, then you might want to cut contact for a while until you have both started moving on.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    If you want to be friends with her but are finding the break up hard, then you might want to cut contact for a while until you have both started moving on.

That might be good idea. Give each other some space and then in a few months or however long it takes, and then start to rebuild a friendship if you both want it.

You wont know what to think/do a while, just work through the emotions in your own way and you'll sort everything out eventually. It can take a long time for the emotional scars to heal but they eventually.
  • Options
    ive gone through a breakthrough recently and if you truley do love the person still its realy hard 3 week and counting still thinking about her all of the time but sometimes when i go up and see her (as a freind) i sometimes feel like that theres nothing there that she feels about me anymore i mean like that she couldent give two shits about me whatsover and its making it harder for me but in the end i know ill make it through i aint been up for ages and we aint talked for ages too but its back to school so ill talk to her then