Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TheCOLDEST PLACE IN AMERICA ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is apparently a university in virginia ...minus 32!

Comments

• Options
    :o Your a bad man Mr. Roll :p
  • Options
    my mate is hard of hearing. he recently took his wife to hospital for some tests ...the doctor came out and told him ..."your wife has acute angina."
    "i know but she's got a bleedin' ugly face" ...says my mate.
  • Options
    my mate is hard of hearing. he recently took his wife to hospital for some tests ...the doctor came out and told him ..."your wife has acute angina."
    "i know but she's got a bleedin' ugly face" ...says my mate.

lol.

What's the commonest material in the world??

Jim Davidson's.
  • Options
    Tara ....speak to you all again and ...all the very bestest to you all.
  • Options
    is apparently a university in virginia ...minus 32!

Pops in. Kicks the hornets nest then fucks off.

:yippe:
  • Options
    ... Jesus that took me a long time to get:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nice to see you!

come again soon :)
  • Options
    Welcome back. Please stay, we miss your charm.
  • Options
    As much as I like MR, this is way below the belt...

I know life is to be laughed at etc, but c'mon. Those victims are barely in the ground and already there're insensitive jokes about the situation....

Pretty disgusting imo.
  • Options
    As much as I like MR, this is way below the belt...

I know life is to be laughed at etc, but c'mon. Those victims are barely in the ground and already there're insensitive jokes about the situation....

Pretty disgusting imo.

I know, I was going to say that too and I really am fond of those kind of jokes, but it's still so soon after!

I just saw that bloke's video on telly last night and now this? Uncalled for.
  • Options
    Can't believe it took 11 posts for someone to say that!!! :no:
  • Options
    I've heard other jokes about that too but I won't post them here.
  • Options
    too soon, man!

cringeworthy
  • Options
    It is never too soon to joke about something...

Jeez, life's too short to walk on eggshells.

LMAO personally.
  • Options
    I didn't even get it until someone said about it being too soon etc then it clicked.

Doesn't really offend me, these things happen and its not the first time. If it was someone i knew then i suppose it'd be a different story but life goes on, you deal with it and move on.
  • Options

LMAO personally.

Doubt you'd be saying that if it was your own kids though...

Still, I find offensive humour the best kind, so I'm all for it!
  • Options
    Still, I find offensive humour the best kind, so I'm all for it!

Definitely :thumb: nothing better than a good laugh at things you know shouldn't really be said.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Definitely :thumb: nothing better than a good laugh at things you know shouldn't really be said.

Reminds me of something Ed Byrne said;

"You know, in life, you should always say the right thing. But the wrong thing is always, always funnier."
  • Options
    so wrong

still laughed tho
  • Options

LMAO personally.
    Walking on eggshells? Hardly. 32 people were senselessy murdered less than a week ago, yet you find it ok that someone who's hardly posted on here in months come on, spouts some insensitive BS, and then leaves again? And more so, you find yourself 'laughing your arse off'? Maybe it's just me, but I'm of the opinion that the dead deserve a little bit more respect.

I'm all for free speech, laughing at this kind of thing etc etc, but tbf this is really below the belt. Maybe further down the line this kind of thing might be funny, but it really has the feeling of dancing on someone's grave.

It's the last I'm going to say on it, cause I know that trying to get people to change their minds/alter their stance/etc is like trying to change the tides.
  • Options
    Nah, that's how PC gone mad starts.

No point getting offended. Fuck, me and my flatmate were ripping the piss on the day it happened because on the news there were pictures of a big fat polis man running down the street and how it was no wonder he got to the second campus when all the polis in America did was sit in their cars and eat doughnuts all day.

Everybody thinks it's a shame, but nobody on here knew anybody involved so it's not like anybody's grieving. Just as bad things happen all over the world on a daily basis anyway. People nowadays seem to get offended just for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    . People nowadays seem to get offended just for the sake of it.

its not so much being offendsive, its showing respect. such jokes are anything but respectful
  • Options
    Everybody thinks it's a shame, but nobody on here knew anybody involved so it's not like anybody's grieving. People nowadays seem to get offended just for the sake of it.

I thought it was over and done with the shootings, but then you got the video of the killer rubbing the parents', friends and families noses into it yesterday which ultimately didn't help their grieving.

I totally sympathise with them, but that joke was wholly inappropriate whether I know or don't know anyone from there - it's called compassion since the situation's still so bloody raw.
  • Options
    IMHO you're all massive cunts
  • Options
    Because of their reaction or just generally? :p

I do think it's inappropriate to joke about it, just cos i thought the prozzies under trees jokes were in really poor taste. It's not about being PC, it's about having the empathy for other people's grief. If you had known someone involved, then wouldn't you be offended and upset if people went around making jokes like that?
  • Options
    Because of their reaction or just generally? :p

I was very drunk when I made that post but yes, just generally. :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I totally sympathise with them, but that joke was wholly inappropriate whether I know or don't know anyone from there - it's called compassion since the situation's still so bloody raw.

You said earlier in the thread that you usually like this sort of humour, but you felt it was a bit soon. But there you've just said it's about compassion for the families - irrespective of however much time passes the families would be unlikely to find it funny.

Of course if somebody I knew died there I wouldn't find it funny. It's not even a funny joke and if I was from anywhere near Virginia then it maybe would be a bit dodgy (like I would about Dunblane). Guaranteed nobody would get this annoyed about it if somebody made a joke about Diana or the Queen Mum, but who's to say The Royal Family's grief should be respected any less than any of the Virginia families?
  • Options
    You said earlier in the thread that you usually like this sort of humour, but you felt it was a bit soon. But there you've just said it's about compassion for the families - irrespective of however much time passes the families would be unlikely to find it funny.

It's still too soon. What's hard to understand? I've laughed at Michael Jackson jokes, the bloke who killed the prostitutes in the space of a month, Steve Irwin and all that but it's been after it's happened where it's not so speculated by the media. It's good manners I reckon to wait a while before all this.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    It's still too soon. What's hard to understand? I've laughed at Michael Jackson jokes, the bloke who killed the prostitutes in the space of a month, Steve Irwin and all that but it's been after it's happened where it's not so speculated by the media. It's good manners I reckon to wait a while before all this.

Defeats the purpose of those jokes. They're designed to be really controversial and inappropriate, and what's more inappropriate that joking about something less than a week after it's occured. They're not laugh out loud jokes, more like a guilty laugh at how bad it is. Bit like dead baby jokes - you laugh and cringe at the same time.
  • Options
    I thought it was funny