Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Giving up Cocaine

2»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Is there a secret? Its just sheer bloody mindedness and willpower, combined with all the stuff mentioned by Blagsta above. Totally within your control.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Lol and Pill'ed talking about it on here isn't going to make you forget.

And stop browsing the Drugs forum :lol:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lol. I like you pill'ed, I think we should be friends....

Lol Ok then friend *shakes hand*.
  • Options
    I'm working on getting control of it too. Good luck to the both of us.

I don't really want to quit, though; I want to be able to do like a gram every now and then when I go out.

Has anybody had success in getting moderation, rather than quitting completely?
  • Options
    skearn1 wrote: »
    I'm working on getting control of it too. Good luck to the both of us.

I don't really want to quit, though; I want to be able to do like a gram every now and then when I go out.

Has anybody had success in getting moderation, rather than quitting completely?

Mate, if its getting that bad then you shouldn't want to take a step down to moderation. At least clean up from it for a while, then maybe if you feel you can go back to it in smaller doses, moderation etc...... then by all means. I don't think you would last long trying to cut it down without having a break from it first. But then thats just my opinion
  • Options
    True that. I'm heading out of country for about a month, so I guess i could get clean then.

Have you ever had problems doing too much?
  • Options
    skearn1 wrote: »
    True that. I'm heading out of country for about a month, so I guess i could get clean then.

Have you ever had problems doing too much?

Well yea to an extent, i mean most people say a gram is more that enough for a night, and i can easily hoover up 2-3 grams in a short space of time. It has that moreish quality to it. Thats one of the worse things for me that keeps me buying it. Not to mention the money you waste on it.

You need to make a choice either clean up for a while or carry on using. You will probably find you are unable to cut down because you most likely have a tolerance to it.
  • Options
    Well yea to an extent, i mean most people say a gram is more that enough for a night, and i can easily hoover up 2-3 grams in a short space of time. It has that moreish quality to it. Thats one of the worse things for me that keeps me buying it. Not to mention the money you waste on it.

You need to make a choice either clean up for a while or carry on using. You will probably find you are unable to cut down because you most likely have a tolerance to it.

Yeah, I've built tolerance, and it's completely lost its social aspect. At first, I only did it to stay up longer when I was out drinking and dancing, but now I do it all the time just alone in my room. Pointless.

And my grades have started to suffer, and I've look too damn skinny.

Nothing more cliche than a gay guy addicted to coke. I really don't have a choice but to do something drastic fast.

Anybody have success stories they'd like to share?
  • Options
    Never success stories. Only stories of our own impending doom.

You can't beat cocaine.
  • Options
    you can beat cocaine!

hi all,

a bit of a sucess story i guess. i used to do a LOT of gak. i decided to take control back. it is possible! it is not easy and i did nearly crack a few times but am glad i stuck with it. i took 3 months off any drugs. redecorated my flat with all the spare time i had :) lol

now if i do any it is the exeption not the rule. birthdays or special ocassions only. it was not fun before i was doing it for the sake of it (it gets that way when you are buying 7 g at a time!!!)

now it is fun, i have a birthday coming up and i am looking forward to having a couple of lines and i know thats all its going to be. :D

so it can be done, it is hard work but it is def worth it
    butterfly
    xxx

p.s. if i can do it i guess most people can:yes:
  • Options
    the only thing i ever got addicted to was butaien lighter refill when i was 14 lol my parents just kept me at home for a couple of weeks till it was all outa my systemthen i didnt realy wana do it nemore.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote: »
    the only thing i ever got addicted to was butaien lighter refill when i was 14 lol my parents just kept me at home for a couple of weeks till it was all outa my systemthen i didnt realy wana do it nemore.

Really relevant then.
  • Options
    hi all,

a bit of a sucess story i guess. i used to do a LOT of gak. i decided to take control back. it is possible! it is not easy and i did nearly crack a few times but am glad i stuck with it. i took 3 months off any drugs. redecorated my flat with all the spare time i had :) lol

now if i do any it is the exeption not the rule. birthdays or special ocassions only. it was not fun before i was doing it for the sake of it (it gets that way when you are buying 7 g at a time!!!)

now it is fun, i have a birthday coming up and i am looking forward to having a couple of lines and i know thats all its going to be. :D

so it can be done, it is hard work but it is def worth it
    butterfly
    xxx

p.s. if i can do it i guess most people can:yes:

Well done :D Having a dabble on special occasions is a good way to do it, plus look at all the extra money you will have
  • Options
    That's the thing, I COULDN'T just have a dabble on special occaisions....that 'dabblie' or few lines WOULD, without a doubt, turn into a massive, 2 night bender, coke binge. I'd cime back to reality a few days later, in a huge debt, with a fucked nose and a full on addiction again.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    That's the thing, I COULDN'T just have a dabble on special occaisions....that 'dabblie' or few lines WOULD, without a doubt, turn into a massive, 2 night bender, coke binge. I'd cime back to reality a few days later, in a huge debt, with a fucked nose and a full on addiction again.

:yes:
  • Options

I guess if you think like that then thats what will happen.
  • Options

Having a few lines on special occasions requires the greatest willpower and self control. Its like the perfect solution for anyone who enjoys the buzz, unfortunately not everyone is strong enough to get away with this.

You either have to teach yourself self control in order to gain control over when and how you take coke or quit it completely. I don't suppose either is easy, however there is something great about being in control of it rather than it in control of you.

All the best

:thumb:
  • Options

Well i guess you haven't got a strong head towards drugs. For me if i have a nice long break from it, a chance for me to get used to life without coke and then only do some on certain occasions, i won't be thinking shit i got to buy another gram.

I guess for you, you need to stay totally clean to stop yourself spiraling down the hole.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    Well i guess you haven't got a strong head towards drugs. .

What a helpful comment
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    What a helpful comment

Just stating the obviously, and im sure pill'ed already knows that. Everybody takes to it in different ways.
  • Options
    Just stating the obviously, and im sure pill'ed already knows that. Everybody takes to it in different ways.

Its not a case of him not having a stong head for DRUGS, its a case of a COCAINE addiction.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Its not a case of him not having a stong head for DRUGS, its a case of a COCAINE addiction.

Although this is a cocaine thread, im judging it by his other posts too. Its like Lipsy said its the mentality you approach the drug. Its everything about having a strong head, i used to be the same, luckily for me i look at drugs a different way now, maybe because im older or i have changes in my life now, who knows.
  • Options
    It's not drugs that I don't 'have a strong head for', it's just that coke is my weakness. We all have a weakness, I'm addicted to Cocaine, thousands of people are. It doesn't make me a weak individual.
    I don't try and think in that way either Lipsy, me and a mate will go out with 2 grams between us, with the intention of having a fairly quiet one. Then we end up ticking another 4 or 5 grams, it's just how it always goes, no matter how hard we try. I can say no alot better when I'm not high off it already...it's when I'm coming down.
  • Options
    It doesn't make me a weak individual.

Noone said anything about it making you a weak individual. Yes it is easy to get wrapped up in cocaine. Am i right in saying sometimes the reason for doing coke is because "its something to do"? aswell as some of the other factors
  • Options
    Am i right in saying sometimes the reason for doing coke is because "its something to do"? aswell as some of the other factors

It used to be. Now it's more like, I'll need charlie to make my night complete if you get me? Like I can't really go out and have a great time if I'm not on a bit of coke. But then we move onto the whole 'bit of coke' thing. Once I've had a line or two, which may have been all I originally wanted, suddenly I need more and I'll do anything within my power to get more.
    Goes round in circles really.
  • Options
    How long have you been hammering the coke for? i always had you down as an XTC guy
  • Options
    How long have you been hammering the coke for? i always had you down as an XTC guy

I am more of a pill guy, I much prefer pills as a drug and pills are my drug of choice at raves...not coke. I was also hammering pills way before I was hammering coke, but coke just has that more-ish, addictive feeling that ecstasy doesn't for some reason.
    I started doing coke about 3 years ago, started to develop a problem after a year, but then I just stopped buying it so often and managed to go for ages just doing it occaisionally. Things have changed and got even worse than they ever were in the last year.
  • Options
    I started doing coke about 3 years ago, started to develop a problem after a year, but then I just stopped buying it so often and managed to go for ages just doing it occasionally. Things have changed and got even worse than they ever were in the last year.

I think stopping completely would be the best option for you then. If you struggle to keep your coke usage occasional then the best option would be to quit completely. If you don't think you can resist temptation, then aim to stop completely.

If your not ready to knock it on the head though, then your waisting your time trying to quit it. You need to be ready to quit or you are really restricting your chances. Only you know if you really ready to quit. However if thing have gotten worse then ever this last year, it might be time to seriously consider it.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah good luck hun, if you can quit it for a even a few weeks you may feel differently about it. i went through a stage where i thought i;d never be back in control of it. you have to believe it though as lipsy said further up.

i also think with coke its the ritual thing, you get it, chop it, rack it etc??? thats half the fun - the ritual of doing it, do you think that is why pills don;t have the same feeling around them?:confused: