Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bloke going to lapdancing club, would it bother you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
'

Comments

• Options
    katchika wrote: »
    My bloke told me he went to a lapdancing club the other night, it was his birthday and he was drunk and was given a free entry pass in a bar.

Didn't bother me to be honest.

He didn't have a dance and I told him most girls working in places like that think the men are losers and are dead in the eyes and are probably thinking about what they want for dinner.

I don't think I'd have cared even if he had had a dance, I would just think it's a waste of money.

Would it bother you?

Aye - it's just a job in the end.

But it's a job a lot of girls *really* enjoy doing! :)
  • Options
    My bloke told me he went to a lapdancing club the other night, it was his birthday and he was drunk and was given a free entry pass in a bar.

Didn't bother me to be honest.

He didn't have a dance
    and I told him most girls working in places like that think the men are losers and are dead in the eyes and are probably thinking about what they want for dinner.

I don't think I'd have cared even if he had had a dance, I would just think it's a waste of money.

Would it bother you?

:chin:
  • Options
    it might do, it depends.
    A lapdance would bother me for sure, but going to the club probably wouldnt
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    :chin:

Why would he bother telling me about it at all if he had? He volunteered the information.
  • Options
    Why would he bother telling me about it at all if he had? He volunteered the information.

I dunnno but i don't know anyone that won't have a dance -but like you said it wouldn't bother you. Having a lapdance obviously doesn't mean anything about his GF or the relationship. Its just something a lot of guys would do in the situation. I guess its really hard to understand until your male lol.

Plus lapdance clubs tend to be crap and full of loosers, there really is only one reason to go in.
  • Options
    '
  • Options
    and I told him most girls working in places like that think the men are losers and are dead in the eyes and are probably thinking about what they want for dinner.

I could be way off the mark here, but if my girlfriend said that to me just after I told her I had been to a lap dancing club it would make me assume she has a problem with it but doesn't wanna say anything directly...
    It just sounds a bit bitchy in a way to make him feel guilty for going.
  • Options
    It really, really wouldn't bother me if a bloke went to a lapdancing club, no.
  • Options
    My husband went to Vegas for his stag do and went to a couple of lap-dancing clubs. He wasn't that taken with them, probably had a couple of dances paid for by the others but I know it isn't really his thing so haven't got a problem with it.

Saying that we are possibly going out to Vegas at the end of the year and we are all (his best mate/girlfriend and us) thinking of going to a club as both blokes have said it would really really turn them on for us to go with them and possibly have a dance.

Always up for trying something new :)
  • Options
    '
  • Options

Even if he got a dance!? :p
  • Options
    on his b-day wouldn't bother me. if it was a regular thing, it probably would.
  • Options

you stole my edgy idea :razz:
  • Options
    Nope, completely wouldn't bother me, even if he had a dance.
  • Options
    it's not something i'd like him to do to be honest, wouldn't ever say he couldn't go though, i'd just prefer him not to
  • Options
    i've been to a strip/lapdancing club, and it really shouldn't bother you. especially if they went in a big group. i went on a stag do, and honestly, it's not that great. however if he payed for a lapdance (which i never, but a few people did) then if i was the female, i would be upset and understandably so.
  • Options
    Nop wouldn't bother me, well on special occassions it wouldn't. Perhaps if he started going regularly I might get a little concerned as to why.

I've got a mate who's g/f pays for him to go and have a lap dance whenever she does something to upset him.
  • Options
    wouldn't bother me.
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    My husband went to Vegas for his stag do and went to a couple of lap-dancing clubs. He wasn't that taken with them, probably had a couple of dances paid for by the others but I know it isn't really his thing so haven't got a problem with it.

Saying that we are possibly going out to Vegas at the end of the year and we are all (his best mate/girlfriend and us) thinking of going to a club as both blokes have said it would really really turn them on for us to go with them and possibly have a dance.

Always up for trying something new :)
    thought it wasn't his thing? :p
  • Options
    Nah it wouldnt bother be because you arent allowed to touch are you plus i have trust in my bf lol it wouldnt bother me if he had a dance either. but if he was to go i would rather he told me than keep it a secret
  • Options
    It's not something that especially appeals to me. If I was going with the lads for somebody's birthday then I'd talk it over with her first. If she was a bit funny about it then I wouldn't go, cause it's not worth upsetting her for something I'm not really that bothered about.
  • Options
    I reckon the girls would love to join them, just to have something to bitch about. I was at a club last weekend with two friends, who are both fairly good looking girls. It's one of these clubs where they hire dancers to dance on the poles all night, and all I heard all night was bitching in my ear about how "she's not even that good looking" and "I look better than that in my underwear." Yeah, but you're not in your underwear, so let me watch her.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    thought it wasn't his thing? :p

Sitting there with a girl he doesn't know thrusting her bits at him with other men around doesn't do it for him...

However.... sitting there whilst a girl he doesn't know thrusts her bits at his wife somehow does :)

Ah just re-read my original post and it sounded like I meant him having the dance... I meant me... however saying that his best mate said it would turn him on more having a dance whilst his girlfriend was watching, I guess it is a permission thing, however i'm not sure what would be going through her head with something like that...
  • Options
    It would only bother me if it was a regular thing, and he was doing it as a replacement for me.

If he was just wandering around thinking 'oooh, look! Boobies and fannies!', I'd be cool with it, but if he was thinking 'ooh, this is 520% better than spending time with 'er indoors' then I'd be a v sad clown.
  • Options
    I'm really suprised at the responses in here! Makes me realise how insecure I am about my self-worth and image. I'd hate it if I found out he'd gone to one. I'd be really really upset and take it quite personally. I know I need to chill out and be more confident- but knowing how I am it would definitely be a big issue to me if he went to one, especially if he had a dance.
  • Options
    My boyfriend went to a bar with table dancers a few weeks ago. He commented that one of them looked like his sister, which made him feel sick and the other one was way too thin and her hips were sticking out (!!) so I get the feeling he didn't really enjoy it that much. I asked loads of questions just to tease him and he admitted he felt a bit uncomfortable because it was sull of old men which in turn made him feel old (he's only 30!) but that unlike most of the old men, he could come home to a young sexy thing (I'm assuming he meant me, LOL ;) )

Anyway, no, it didn't bother me. I know him really well and I know it more than likely made him feel really, really uncomfortable!
  • Options
    Amazing how many blokes seem to find it "uncomfortable" and various other negatives when speaking about it to their girlies...

I would surmise they were enjoying it just fine whilst they were there!
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Amazing how many blokes seem to find it "uncomfortable" and various other negatives when speaking about it to their girlies...

You surmise incorrectly. Would you like to watch someone who strongly resembles your sibling taking their kit off? :yuck:

He's been to Amsterdam a fair few times and seen it, done it and got the t-shirt many times and it didn't bother me in the slightest. I'd quite like to go along too! I know for a fact he now feels incomfortable watching something that might arouse him whilst in the company of lots and lots of other men. I can see his point.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »

:lol:
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    You surmise incorrectly. Would you like to watch someone who strongly resembles your sibling taking their kit off? :yuck:

He's been to Amsterdam a fair few times and seen it, done it and got the t-shirt many times and it didn't bother me in the slightest. I'd quite like to go along too! I know for a fact he now feels incomfortable watching something that might arouse him whilst in the company of lots and lots of other men. I can see his point.

Yes, the sister thing is fair enough, but I would cry "Bullshit" to pretty much all the rest of the claims.