Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being spontaneous

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the most spontaneous thing you've done?

My best friend and ex boyfriend (who both live in London) decided at about 11pm that it would be a fantastic idea to come up and visit me... now. So they've hopped in the car and are doing the 115mile drive to come and see me for an hour or so!

I think that's pretty spontaneous.

So, what's everyone else done? Entertain me monkeys, i've got an hour and a half to kill before they arrive!

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    For myself, the best thing I remember was just walking in a movie theater in the spur of a moment and going to see a movie that was about to start and I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I don't remember what it was, hehe.
  • Options
    Pah, that's not very spontaneous.

But well done, just for answering my question. I'm not sure about being spontaneous, i know i must be just on the fact that i don't do planning, but i can't think of anything specific. hmm.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, it's kind of late, so maybe there's more that I don't remember.

I don't know if this is spontaneous, I'd say it's just random. For some time, I used to get off at random stations from the metro, just to have a look around and see what each place was like. Once I walked from one of them to the next too.
  • Options
    Far too many to mention. I live my life around being spontaneous.
  • Options
    The decision to buy a horse was pretty spontaneous. One day I was going abroad, the next I decided I wanted a horse. Took longer to actually find the one. ;)

Applying for my ATC studies was as well. I was running around on the last day of sending in applications because I saw the ad so late and decided it was something I couldn't miss.

I can't think very well now but there's a lot of important stuff I've done spontaneously. I do like it. :)
  • Options
    Erm...I once jumped in a taxi to go from Edinburgh to Glasgow at 2am to see a bloke....:)

It's OK...he paid!! :p :thumb:

ETA: The taxi fare that is.....:blush:
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    The decision to buy a horse was pretty spontaneous. One day I was going abroad, the next I decided I wanted a horse. Took longer to actually find the one. ;)

Yeah, actually, i do things like that. I was at work and decided i wanted a new car. A phonecall, a visit to my bank, 48 hours and a play on ebay later... and i had one :D Marvellous.

I almost bought a house like that at auction, but decided that in the end it wouldn't be a fantastic idea :) There wasn't enough time to get a survey done either.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for some more money to be a bit more spontaneous! Almost dyed my hair that way last week but got unlucky... no available appointments! Now I've realised I need to spend the money on changing tyres for the summer, eww! :p

I'd like to try this whole "oh I just booked a flight to city X for tomorrow" deal. I think it'd be great to just book and GO somewhere and see what I end up doing.

I just don't feel that the lot around me are as spontaneous and willing to join in. hrmpf.
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Erm...I once jumped in a taxi to go from Edinburgh to Glasgow at 2am to see a bloke....:)

It's OK...he paid!! :p :thumb:

Paid for what precisely? :eek2:
  • Options
    I'm really not spontaneous at all - I have to plan everything.

Although when I was about 16 I had my belly button pierced on the spur of the moment.
    I dyed my hair black from it's natural colour, on a whim about a month ago...

Not life changing, but spontaneous all the same!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Paid for what precisely? :eek2:

Ohh...just realised how that sounded!!! :blush: The taxi, of course!! :)
  • Options
    I got a tattoo in my lunch break, decided to change my hair colour a week ago after being blonde for 23 years. :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I got a tattoo in my lunch break

I did that! It's fun. I'd been playing with the idea for a while though. That's how i got about 5 of my piercings as well - it was an 'ooh, i'm bored, what shall i do?' moment.
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Ohh...just realised how that sounded!!! :blush: The taxi, of course!! :)

Ahh, bless ya. What were you doing in Edinburgh?

As for me, I moved somewhere random where I didn't know a soul. Not much planning involved at all, just thought fuck it might aswell - got a job and things grew from there.

I don't really plan things out or prepare things ages in advance, might aswell just get out and do them and only really look back on it when I'm 75.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Ahh, bless ya. What were you doing in Edinburgh?

As for me, I moved somewhere random where I didn't know a soul. Not much planning involved at all, just thought fuck it might aswell - got a job and things grew from there.

I don't really plan things out or prepare things ages in advance, might aswell just get out and do them and only really look back on it when I'm 75.

Interesting to make big decisions and stuff like that...not sure I ever have without giving it a fair bit of thought first, but think a lot of good can come from kind of going outside yourself for a bit and just going with your gut...:thumb:

Oh...and was in Edinburgh visiting a (girl) friend who lives there..we went out, and at the end of the night, I just jumped in a taxi and went to his in Glasgow....don't get to be in Scotland that often, so y'know...thought it was best to make the most of at least being in the same country....:hyper:
  • Options
    They arrived at 1am. And left at 2.45. And now i'm sat in my lounge, trying to muster up the energy to go to work because i'm shattered. I can't believe i used to go to school on 4 hours sleep every single day!

Gah. I'm an idiot. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    What's the most spontaneous thing you've done?

My best friend and ex boyfriend (who both live in London) decided at about 11pm that it would be a fantastic idea to come up and visit me... now. So they've hopped in the car and are doing the 115mile drive to come and see me for an hour or so!

I think that's pretty spontaneous.

So, what's everyone else done? Entertain me monkeys, i've got an hour and a half to kill before they arrive!

i love being spontaneous
  • Options
    yesterday I made cheese on toast, opened the fridge and instead of the regular onion I took scallion. Yeah, you heard right, even tho onions have been there, just took the scallion and put it on my toast as if I couldn't care any less.

Top that, you bores.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I got a tattoo in my lunch break

Yeah haha, I did that.

Most spontaneous thing I've ever done though was on Monday morning. Sitting in my mates car, with her and our other best mate, driving to college... and then one announces

"Stuff this, shall we go to Barmouth?"

A quick three point turn and two and a half hours later we were sunbathing on the beach :D
    Brilliant day.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Yeah haha, I did that.

Most spontaneous thing I've ever done though was on Monday morning. Sitting in my mates car, with her and our other best mate, driving to college... and then one announces

"Stuff this, shall we go to Barmouth?"

A quick three point turn and two and a half hours later we were sunbathing on the beach :D
    Brilliant day.

That pretty much sums up my time at college, apart from replace Barmouth with the pub lol

I once poured an entire can of coke over my head while sitting on a bed in a hotel room after just getting ready to go out for no reason.
  • Options
    I nicked off to Austria on a whim when I had just turned 17. Was completely lacking in any motivation to finish my A levels and continue the boring Mon-Fri life with routine weekend nights getting plastered that I had during my first year of 6th form. So I booked a flight to Salzburg and went, before I'd found a job or place to live or anything like that. Best decision I made in my life... up to that point anyway.

My fella made an incredibly spontaneous decision to leave his home, work, friends... life in Thailand behind to come back here and see if we could turn a daft wee fling into something more serious :D
  • Options
    I'd say that it has succeeded in becoming something more serious :razz:

I'm not sure I do spontaneous, at least not in a big way like some of the responses on here!
  • Options
    I'm rubbish at being spontaneous! I'm such a planner. I always need to know what's happening and when. Done a few spontaneous things like the day me and a mate went up to Camden be in the audience for some rubbish quiz show that Alex Zane was hosting. I totally went off him after seeing how rubbish he is at remembering lines. Eeeeesh.
  • Options
    Can't think for me but..

We met a group of people on hol last year who said that after a drinking session in the local, they had this great idea to go to the airport and go on holiday.

So they all ran home, packed a case each, hammered - and got in a taxi to the airport - on the way phoning parents, partners etc to let them know they wouldn't be home for a week!!

Only to find they couldn't buy a ticket to fly straight away, I guess you need like 24hrs notice and by then they'd have been sober.

Must have been weird if they'd have woken up on a beach with a big suitcase and even bigger hangover. Made me chuckle anyway.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I nicked off to Austria on a whim when I had just turned 17. Was completely lacking in any motivation to finish my A levels and continue the boring Mon-Fri life with routine weekend nights getting plastered that I had during my first year of 6th form. So I booked a flight to Salzburg and went, before I'd found a job or place to live or anything like that. Best decision I made in my life... up to that point anyway.

My fella made an incredibly spontaneous decision to leave his home, work, friends... life in Thailand behind to come back here and see if we could turn a daft wee fling into something more serious :D

I could just pack my stuff and trip to salzburg, what's the big deal? :razz:

yeah, was clearly your best decision ever :D
  • Options
    I woke up and told my then boyfriend that I really wanted a tattoo so we went and got one down together that morning.
  • Options
    me and a group of friends drunkenly decided to get the last train going from cardiff station at about 11.30pm to whatever place it was going to.
    turned out the last train was going to birmingham!! so we all hopped on and had a jolly good time mucking round before heading back the following night. (sooo knackered i might add!)

im still suprised to this day that all of us actually had the dosh on us to actually afford it! :eek2:
  • Options
    Too many to think of...most recent however was when i realyl should have went to bed after a weekend of partying decided to go out monday night and didn't get to bed till wednesday morning after sitting up all night with a girl and in the pub all day tuesday and foam party tuesday night...paid for it yesterday and today to say the least.

Maybe that was more stupid than spontaneous knowing that i have an essay due in 1 hours time. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I randomly walked into the Carphone Warehouse in Brighton and got a really expensive contract on a mobile phone that I didn't even need once, because I was fucked off my face on Cocaine and I read something about getting 50 pounds cash back and wanted another gram of coke. lol
    I realised the next day how stupid I had been and how I could NOT afford this, so I cancelled it after a few days.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I randomly walked into the Carphone Warehouse in Brighton and got a really expensive contract on a mobile phone that I didn't even need once, because I was fucked off my face on Cocaine and I read something about getting 50 pounds cash back and wanted another gram of coke. lol
    I realised the next day how stupid I had been and how I could NOT afford this, so I cancelled it after a few days.

:lol:
    Surely there is quicker ways to get 50 cash back!!

You must have been sitting there like "come on... come on... JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN CONTRACT!!" :p