Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

revolting fashion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what is going on with fashion at the moment?

all the tops seem to be long line and with awful loud prints. I went out the other night and practically every girl was wearing one of those top/dress things with shorts and boots. Yuck.

Comments

• Options
    Its a complete nightmare!

Im in need of a few summer tops and i just cant find anything because all the shops are full of stuff that doesnt suit me. Everything is tunics and they make my shape look hideous and fat even though im a size 12!

Grr.
  • Options
    I'm not really into fashion, but I have to agree with you, the way things are at the mo is just crap.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Its a complete nightmare!

Im in need of a few summer tops and i just cant find anything because all the shops are full of stuff that doesnt suit me. Grr.

I feel your pain, all the stuff in the shops at the moment looks ridiculous on me!!
  • Options
    What is it guys are supposed to be wearing at the minute? I havent paid attention to anything fashionable in years...
  • Options
    I quite like the big prints... Really liking the birght colours too. Not so keen on some of the cuts of tops and stuff around though. But you just have to sift through to find the stuff that looks good... if you don't go for the super-stylish stuff and stick to the stuff that looks good on you personally (which you can find in most shops if you spend some time sifting through the crap).
    Never really been a fan of everyone looking the same though.
  • Options
    well i happen2 quite like the loud prints cos i think i can carry them off but i know theyre not every1s taste. Don't worry though becos its gonna get hot and soon every1 will be wearing new summer clothes. They wont be around too much longer
  • Options
    I think fashions are great at the moment. There's something for everyone if you look hard enough. it's been years since I've been able to get tops to suit me easily and now I can. I don't particularly the loud prints, but there's plenty of nice plain coloured things around too.
  • Options
    well i happen2 quite like the loud prints cos i think i can carry them off but i know theyre not every1s taste. Don't worry though becos its gonna get hot and soon every1 will be wearing new summer clothes. They wont be around too much longer

thats the thing though, they will be around

they're considered summery because of the prints and because they are floaty and made of light fabric
  • Options
    i like longer length tops - having big boobs means that normal length tops tent to be too short on me so they get a thumbs up from me!
  • Options
    i like longer length tops - having big boobs means that normal length tops tent to be too short on me so they get a thumbs up from me!

:yes:

Annoying isn't it?
  • Options
    My boyfriend went out with the lads on Saturday and when he came home his fist comment was "why the hell were all the women wearing the same outfit?!!" He then went on to say that every single woman in the two bars they went into was wearing leggings and a top like this. Things are bad if my boyfriend, who doesn't even notice that I wear, notices fashion!
  • Options
    I used to love stuff like this when it was unusual and I was the only one wearing it cos no-one else would be seen dead in it. I've got to find something new to wear now. It's shite. For a change I like pretty much everything that I see in shops but I don't want to buy it because every other person seems to have it too.
  • Options
    The illuminous colours phase is annoying me. Offensive to my eyes :banghead:
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    was wearing leggings and a top like this.!

Hmm that's funny cos the girl I was with on Saturday was wearing leggings and a top almost identical to that.

I've been wearing the same type of clothes now for years, don't think fellas have "what's in and what's not" periods. Maybe they do and I've been left behind hehe.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    all the tops seem to be long line and with awful loud prints. I went out the other night and practically every girl was wearing one of those top/dress things with shorts and boots. Yuck.

they look even worse with belts that the girls just wear on top of their tops and not over their jeans. (the only time I ever wear a eblt is if my jeans are too big and I actually need it)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    they look even worse with belts that the girls just wear on top of their tops and not over their jeans. (the only time I ever wear a eblt is if my jeans are too big and I actually need it)

I think the belt makes em look better, less pregnanty haha
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    My boyfriend went out with the lads on Saturday and when he came home his fist comment was "why the hell were all the women wearing the same outfit?!!" He then went on to say that every single woman in the two bars they went into was wearing leggings and a top like this. Things are bad if my boyfriend, who doesn't even notice that I wear, notices fashion!
    He's sooooo right ever other women I see seems to be wearing that outfit hehe.
  • Options
    I like belts over tops.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    He's sooooo right ever other women I see seems to be wearing that outfit hehe.

I've found this as well.
  • Options
    Those fucking leggings/footless tights...no offence but they are well gash imho, why the hell is every one wearing them, i dont get it.

As for clothes at the min, they are ok, there's always a choice of stuff, you've just gotta search for it, and if your like me, not to look like everyone else in their footless tights
  • Options
    I wore footless tights for the first time in about a year two Sundays ago, it looked shit hot and I had many a folk complimenting my outfit.

Outfit was a little Natasha Beddingfield, but heyyyyy I looked good.

But the fashion at the mo' is alright, nowt spesh.

I've got my eye on soooo many dresses from ASOS.com - I love wearing them with tights and flat boots with them and a big old patterened scarf that doesn't go but does really and an old tatty vintage 80s bag and big eyelashes and ghetto jewellery and wow I've not been out in two weeks roll on payday.

[/beckysmonolgueregardingfashion]
  • Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    Those fucking leggings/footless tights...no offence but they are well gash imho, why the hell is every one wearing them, i dont get it.

As for clothes at the min, they are ok, there's always a choice of stuff, you've just gotta search for it, and if your like me, not to look like everyone else in their footless tights

I don't like them either and they do look really silly on some people.
  • Options
    :yes:

Annoying isn't it?

yep!
  • Options
    i really want one of those gypsy-type skirts that were in fashion last year, but i cant find them anywhere..im so behind...
  • Options
    because of my size and shape, there is no way i can wear shape-less clothing because i haven't got a shapeless body! i actually have pretty much stopped buying from high street now...charity shops all the way!!!
  • Options
    As a general rule of thumb, most stuff on the manequins in Topshop windows is revolting.
  • Options
    Most things that other people wear aggravates me.

Girl fashion is completely unknown to me especially the black leggings/denim skirt/long top combo. It doesn't make ANYONE look hot. Just fat.
  • Options
    what bout the goth fashoin scene what you all think of that
  • Options
    what bout the goth fashoin scene what you all think of that

There's the proper "goth" scene then there's daft wee wannabe kids with greasy hair and baggy hoodies.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    There's the proper "goth" scene then there's daft wee wannabe kids with greasy hair and baggy hoodies.
    :yes:.

Why do I have a feeling he fits into the latter?