Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Woman loses right to use embryos

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sugar wrote: »
    No one said that there is a RIGHT to have a biological child of your own, my point was that most women want to have a biological child and finding out it's not possible would be utterly devestating for most. Theres no debating that their are other options for her to have a child.

The debate is, in this case, whether she had a right to her own fertilised eggs. My view is that she does.

it's their embryo, it isn't inside her and growing of her own accord, it's being kept in stasis effectively, and would die if it was unfrozen, they have to both consent or nothing can be done with it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Sugar wrote: »
    The debate is, in this case, whether she had a right to her own fertilised eggs. My view is that she does.

From the time it was fertilised it's as much his as it is hers.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe so but if the child was born and he didn't want anything to do with it, he couldn't stop her from keeping the child. Just as if she was pregnant he couldnt force her to have an abortion. Everyone has their own view but mine is that their is no difference and from the time he allowed his sperm to fertilise her egg he was consenting to making a baby wth her.