Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Taking x for the first time

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    another one bites the dust :D
  • Options
    It's like a new member of the family :) 'Once you pop you just can't stop' LOL!!

On a serious note, some people really get down and depressed a couple of days after pills and I have always used 5-htp the next day after a big night out and the day after that as well and the blues have never reappeared... plenty of friends swear by it.
  • Options
    Make sure you have the right mindset, too. That's just as important as getting good x tabs.

If you start worrying too much about what it will do to you, then you will either have a really bad roll or you'll have a panic attack.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Hello,

Looking for some safety tips for tekin x for first time my drug of choice is charlie but mate wants to try x on birthday. Looking for advice on first time droppin if poss.

Thanks

My advice for taking pills for the first time

1. wear comfortable clothing .. trackies feel gooooood but whatever you like really
    2. make sure you have some fags whether you smoke or not you should try it when your on pills its gooooood too
    3. carry gum. Not because your breath will smell but because its nice to chew something
    4. make sure you have a decent c.d. to listen to e.g. drum and bass as it feels amazing listening to good music
    5. drink enough to get you pretty tipsy before you drop it calms nerves and makes things easier
    6. have a joint handy for when your coming down
    7. wear lots of deodorant before you start the night as things can get sweaty
    8. its better if your in a group of people you trust but maybe not every one is as scatty as I am on pills but I prefer being with people I know won’t try to scat me out

hope you have a good night !

now that’s got me in the mood to do sooooome
  • Options
    5. drink enough to get you pretty tipsy before you drop it calms nerves and makes things easier

Drinking alcohol at the same time puts more pressure on your organs, and can easily lead to you getting dehydrated.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    budda wrote: »
    Drinking alcohol at the same time puts more pressure on your organs, and can easily lead to you getting dehydrated.

I agree, for any first timer they should not consume alcohol whilst on the effects of MDMA. Most people should be thinking about playing it safe.
  • Options
    My advice for taking pills for the first time

2. make sure you have some fags whether you smoke or not you should try it when your on pills its gooooood too

6. have a joint handy for when your coming down

Not sure where these came from...

Totally don't know why you'd want to start smoking?

As Budda said, drinking only increases the pressure on your organs. I also find it can make you too 'fucked' if you're a bit/very drunk and you drop one.

I don't understand this thing with smoking joints for a come down. I'm usually having slight issues with having the energy/focus to do much and so I don't need it compounding. I just find that once I am coming off the Class A's, the last thing I need in my system is more crap.

Each to their own, I guess.

I try eat some healthy food as and when I am feeling hungry - even forcing it down as it just makes you feel SOOO much better. Also, Berocca. Works a treat.

This is why I'm usually fine come Monday, apart from being a bit tired.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Totally don't know why you'd want to start smoking?

I don't understand this thing with smoking joints for a come down. I'm usually having slight issues with having the energy/focus to do much and so I don't need it compounding. I just find that once I am coming off the Class A's, the last thing I need in my system is more crap.

Smoking weed can be very good for monging you out whilst on pills especially if your a regular. Can really help you relax and sometimes add a bit of extra help with trying to sleep.

Oh and a joint in the morning too can also mellow you out a bit for the rest of the day especially if your suffering from a bad comedown. Like you said i guess everyone is different
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »
    Smoking weed can be very good for monging you out whilst on pills especially if your a regular. Can really help you relax and sometimes add a bit of extra help with trying to sleep.

Oh and a joint in the morning too can also mellow you out a bit for the rest of the day especially if your suffering from a bad comedown. Like you said i guess everyone is different

Aye - to be honest, I usually stay out until I can barely keep going any more. Get home bath/shower and I'm ready to crash (usually mid-afternoon through to late night the following day). If I am home earlier, I find 5mg of Valium helps. No more though.

I think I am lucky in the fact I don't suffer from comedowns much at all, never have and hopefully never will! :)
  • Options

I guess its just personal preference then .. I would never do pills sober it would be horrible and the comedown would be harsh as fuck. Im not a smoker but I enjoy it on pills but that’s a habit I got from my friends obviously not every one enjoys it.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote: »

It can, or it can cause people to be panicy. If the person isnt a regular cannabis user I really wouldnt recommend that they use it at the tail end of an MDMA experience.

If you are careful, dont extend the high too long, and use proper MDMA for the first few times it is rare to have any sort of major come down.

Dont use it too often, and dont over use it.
  • Options
    I guess its just personal preference then .. I would never do pills sober it would be horrible and the comedown would be harsh as fuck. Im not a smoker but I enjoy it on pills but that’s a habit I got from my friends obviously not every one enjoys it.

It is a matter of personal preference, but its also a matter of risk.

That and I'd argue if your come downs are so harsh that you need to use other drugs to make them easier you are using too much MDMA too often.
  • Options
    It can, or it can cause people to be panicy. If the person isnt a regular cannabis user I really wouldnt recommend that they use it at the tail end of an MDMA experience.

If you are careful, dont extend the high too long, and use proper MDMA for the first few times it is rare to have any sort of major come down.

Dont use it too often, and dont over use it.

I haven't had any comedown off them since i started.
    I have more of a comedown from coke.

But i'm sure thats different for people who have high tolerance.
  • Options
    I would never do pills sober it would be horrible and the comedown would be harsh as fuck.

Again....??

Pills without alcohol are, in general, a much cleaner 'fucked' than when you're pissed... and I find that I feel better the next day as you're not as dehydrated as you effectively don't have a hangover!

I just can't understand how pills without booze could EVER be horrible? A horrible ecstasy? Bit of an oxymoron to me!

Have you every TRIED it without drinking...???? Also, why would the comedown be worse???
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I would never do pills sober it would be horrible and the comedown would be harsh as fuck.

That's not really logical is it though.

The extra strain on your body likely to cause you have a worse comedown, and then there's always the fact that you're going to have to deal with the effects of a hangover at the same time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

The extra strain on your body likely to cause you have a worse comedown, and then there's always the fact that you're going to have to deal with the effects of a hangover at the same time.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

That and the alcohol will muddy the waters of the MDMA high and you wont get the full experience.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    I haven't had any comedown off them since i started.
    I have more of a comedown from coke.

But i'm sure thats different for people who have high tolerance.

Spoke to fucking soon!