Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Easter Pressies/Eggs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you give and recieve at easter.

I have been given £10, a necklace and some little galaxy eggs from my grandma and grandad.

Get £20 to spend on a pressie to myself from my mum and dad

Got an easter egg from the litte lad I babysit for

As for giving, my mum gives to my grandmas and grandads from all of us. I am in the process of making somethin for my 4 closest friends. I thought it would figure out cheaper and nicer than buying but urm it seems to have got more expensive since I started seeing as I keep going wrong. Will post a piccy soon.

I just think that easter is such a nothing holiday. I mean surely it only has a meaning and significance if you are religious. Suppose that is the same for christmas though. When we were little my mum used to hide eggs all over the house downstairs and when we woke up me and my sister used to think the easter bunny had been and we used to have a massive easter egg hunt. Was well good :razz: I also remember getting a furby for easter when I stopped believing in the easter bunny. Now we just sit down for a nice family boring sunday type dinner on easter Sunday. Other than that, it is pretty normal for us.

What do you give and recieve at easter and how do you celebrate it?

Comments

• Options
    When I was younger we used to have Easter Egg hunts and get Easter Eggs from relatives and so on and there are always events held at local parks where they have massive Treasure hunts and so on.

However, now we do nothing and maybe Easter is celebrated more in England but we never have a special dinner or anything like that. The only reason I've got an egg this year is because my family has gone on holiday and I'm stuck here with the prospect of exams :p They felt sorry for me I guess! We aren't religious at all either so that plays a part obviously.
  • Options
    I buy my niece, nephew, sister and best friend an egg. That's it.

I was out shopping yesterday and overheard a girl of about 15 having a strop cos her Mum ONLY promised her "new trainers and a dress" for Easter and her brother was getting more than her :/

Seems an excuse for people to get presents nowadays.
  • Options
    I must have been a deprived child! We never gave/got presents at Easter...more than happy with chocolate! (still am) :lol:
  • Options
    I didn't know people got presents for Easter. A bit strange.

I have got a big Mini Eggs egg from my bf/thing. Wasn't that impressed. Could have made more of an effort and got me a Thortons one or something more special. I am aware that makes me sound spoiled and ungrateful. Oh well!

I don't really buy anyone anything! My sister is making a chocolate Easter cake. Yum Yum!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Seems an excuse for people to get presents nowadays.

:yes:

It's just a long weekend for me. If I was home I'd probably get an egg of my Mam but other than that it's just a long weekend to get pissed and for Morrisons to shut early.

I've never heard anything so ridiculous as an Easter present anyway (an egg or two is fine), pretty soon people going to start giving each other presents because it's the weekend or because it's sunny outside.
  • Options
    My gifts for friends

The photos are a bit rubbish but it has features in icing and my friends name on the back of the rabbit. Have made 2 white choc and 2 milk choc ones.

They look cute really! Honest :razz:
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    My gifts for friends

The photos are a bit rubbish but it has features in icing and my friends name on the back of the rabbit. Have made 2 white choc and 2 milk choc ones.

They look cute really! Honest :razz:
    Did you make the bunnies yourself?!
  • Options
    Did you make the bunnies yourself?!

Yep I did :)
  • Options
    wow how??

i still need to buy eggs for people

Might just give them a proper chicken egg if i cant be bothered to go to tesco
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Yep I did :)
    Wowie they look really good, did you have a special bunny mould? Are they solid or hollow? Can you tell Im bored? :p
  • Options
    It was a kit in Tesco which basically had the bunny mould you need. One set makes 2 eggs (although they don't give you enough chocolate) and they were on 2 sets for 3 pound.
    You just melt the chocolate and add it layer by layer allowing time to set inbetween. 3 layers and then give it a good couple of hours to set at last. Then put the two half together by melting the rims of the bunnies and just holding together so the melted chocolate can bond. Then just decorate. Came with little bags and ties too which makes em look dead nice.

oh and they are solid glittery!

Look at pics below, thats a milk chocolate one in working progress!
  • Options
    Wow ashlee you made them? What a legend! I bought the manface a lindt egg and a box of 8 creme eggs because I actually wanted to buy him a big creme egg egg but they were sold out :grump:

The tesco egg aisle was madness yesterday! God knows what it'll be like today and tomorrow, with mothers everywhere fighting over the last remaining eggs! I nearly had a fight with a man in the egg aisle as he rammed his trolly into my arse FIVE TIMES even though I couldn't move anywhere because the woman in front was blocking the whole aisle while she appeared to be stockpiling eggs for many easters to come. I'd already had a quiet word with the man (something along the lines of barking "DO YOU MIND??" and waving my fist) but he kept bashing me with the trolley, I turned around to go NUTS but the tescoman was watching me and not looking amused. I thought it best not to say anything for fear of being ejected, eggless, from tesco as tescoman was putting his foot down and engaging in a spot of crowd control. Several people got asked to MOOOOVEE ALOONNNG and one women with trolly got removed from the aisle (was rather amusing), meanwhile I swooped in and secured the last remaining lindt egg while arse trolly man had only managed to find some crappy kit kat egg. Result!
  • Options
    That's really good Ashlee, obviously I'll have to taste one before I can officially give my approval though :p
  • Options
    I got a fat ass Galaxy one thats about the same height as me (okay slight exaggeration), and apart from the fat egg it has a bag of minstrels, ripple, galaxy caramel crunch, galaxy caramel and a hazelnut thang.

I ate half of it and threw the rest in the bin :lol: Sorry mum.
  • Options
    The idea of easter presents totally baffles me. Hooray, Jesus died, I got you a CD!

Eggs are not so bad, but I made the mistake of nipping into Tesco today and had to FIGHT to even get my trolley past the chocolate aisle, never mind going down it.

We celebrate easter by getting the whole extended family together and having a big ass meal. The older generation of my family are all old-school Polish catholics, though, so it's not quite as random as non-religious people celebrating.
  • Options
    I think my parents stop buying me easter eggs when I got to about 13. Which is annoying, cos I want chocolate :(
    However, I did go shopping yesterday with my mum and she bought me a nice ring as an 'easter present' so I guess they acknowledge it.
    We tend to have a meal together on sunday but that's about it.
  • Options
    I can't believe that people give presents at easter. That's just bizarre.

Eggs fair enough, gotta love a good egg. It does seem a bit mental in the shops though. I got my egg in early this year after last year's poor do.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mist wrote: »
    Eggs fair enough, gotta love a good egg. It does seem a bit mental in the shops though. I got my egg in early this year after last year's poor do.

Yes. Very poor :|

The closest we have ever had to an Easter 'present' was my aunt sending £5 to both my brother and I so we could buy an Easter egg with it. In fairness, she lived 500 miles away and I reckon the egg would've been destroyed if she posted it.

Bar that, I have never heard of giving Easter presents. It just seems rather strange to me.
  • Options
    I don't normally get things at Easter, except off my aunty who buys me some form of chocolate from Marks and Spencer.

And right on cue, I've got some chocolate ducks from her. My mum's bought me a bigger one as well, goodness knows why. They wont get eaten for weeks though as I'm not a huge chocolate fan....

As for friends, I bought my two best mates a little present yesterday which I'll give them later, but it's not for Easter really. The only person I'd buy an Easter egg for normally is my boyfriend, but I've bought him a Download ticket instead for Easter, his birthday AND our anniversary. So no gifts off me for him for a while :)
  • Options
    after going on about how i WASNT getting an egg this year - turns out my dad got me one after all! plus $500 for when i go away tomorrow :eek: wahey, dad!!!

- albeit egg wise - i stayed at a friends' house last night and by the time i got back this afternoon the eggs (which are all different) have already been allocated to my sisters :impissed: so ive ended up with the crappy rolos one which i didnt want!
    i wanted the galaxy one :(
  • Options
    i can't eat chocolate- so i got a handbag from m&s instead :) i dont celebrate easter, but feel ungrateful saying no. will celebreate it by seeing my grandparents:)
  • Options
    ive got 6 eggs. Im on a diet thou so the bf will prob eat them before I get a chance to.
  • Options
    I usually get a Cadbury's egg from my Grandma, and a Cadbury's egg from my parents. BUT as a variation on the theme (and I couldn't make up my mind between Buttons and Mini eggs) I am getting 2 of the small ones instead. Mmm, chocolate buttons! :heart:

I have bought my boyfriend an Easter egg but I am not saying what on here as he will only read it and find out!
  • Options
    After previous years when I have bought everyone else Easter eggs and forgotten myself (no-one else is going to get me one, after all!) I wised up his year and bought myself two Lindt bunnies which I shall scoff when the kids are in bed.
  • Options
    In fairness, she lived 500 miles away and I reckon the egg would've been destroyed if she posted it.

Poor show! My mam lives 300 miles away and I got an egg in the post! Granted I haven't recieved it yet as it is in the post depot so the condition of the egg is unknown :razz:
  • Options
    People give GIFTS on easter? wtf? :eek2:

The company that's educating me gave all its staff easter eggs and decided to give us kiddos in the school eggs as well. I had promised to buy an egg to support some karate club in my neighbourhood beforehand but I'm not sure if the kid selling it to me has come or not so I dunno if I'll get it or not. I've not been home a lot in the past week. Won't mind since I got the other egg but won't say no if he drops by since I promised and all. Gotta keep the karate going.
  • Options
    I always had easter gifts, the reasoning behind it was that my parents didnt want to spend £10 on an egg that had the same quantity of chocolate as a bar that cost £1 therefore wasting £9 on wrapping.

So I was always offered the choice, a bar of chocolate and a small pressie or an egg. Of course I was sensible and had the present and the chocolate every year and the easter present idea stuck.

This year I got some new PJ's from my parents and bizzarely some Jaffa cakes.
  • Options
    I bought my self a "large" lindt bunny...i think my mum got me something who knows.

And presents for easter, fuck that....eggs should be enough for anyone!
  • Options
    My love for Jesus.
  • Options
    I was out shopping yesterday and overheard a girl of about 15 having a strop cos her Mum ONLY promised her "new trainers and a dress" for Easter and her brother was getting more than her :/

Which is much more than I got at that age.

This year I got nothing. Can't really complain though as my birthday is on Tuesday.
    People give GIFTS on easter? wtf?

I always have received gifts, but it was only usually money from my grandparents and an Easter Egg (or two small ones) from my parents.