Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What kind of sunglasses do you wear?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And do you only wear them when it's sunny?

http://www.eyesave.com/images/products/MarcJacobs.MJ023.MJ023S0E8T.jpg

Mine, Marc Jacobs :love:

Comments

• Options
    OOh, I have nice red or dead prescription ones so I can carry on driving whenit's sunny, or see where I'm going when going down the street.
  • Options
    I once had sunglasses that I bent to fit perfectly, but I lost them. Now I Have none. Sunglasses are hard to find, my nose is crooked and either one cheek bone or one ear is higher because they always slant to one side. Now I drive like :mad: (I looked in the rearview mirror once and though it was sunny, the squinting waasn't really happening, just looked cranky)
  • Options
    Gosh sunglasses. Such a hassle considering my amazingly complex prescription....
    I chose a pair of Dior's last summer only to find that the lenses became distorted when put into them - tried 4 sets of lenses (at a ridiculous cost to my wonderful opticians!) but ended up swapping them for a brand new pair of Chanel's that were slightly smaller, so they worked!

Am in love with them still.. they look like this, but all black
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Oakleys. Though I havn't bought a pair this year.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    they are not quite all the rage, but they have to be optical, so I can't ask for much.

I had the occasional "Agent Smith" comparison.

/eta: actually, come to think of it, I have a better, older picture of myself with them, from last summer.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    they are not quite all the rage, but they have to be optical, so I can't ask for much.

I had the occasional "Agent Smith" comparison.

Ooooh!

I wear none because I look like a div with them on.
  • Options
    Ones from Primark that cost £2, at the rate I go through sunglasses there's no point in me investing in an expensive pair.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Ones from Primark that cost £2,

:yes: I have bug eye black ones, chunky pink and brown ones and pink rimless with dimante (real of course :razz:). I'm sure my collection will have tripled before the summer is here :D
  • Options
    I get my sunglasses from high street shops, i go through like 3 or 4 pairs each summer cos i keep breaking them.

Mine are like these

11702103_normal.jpg
  • Options
    I buy my from high street shops, I can't spend a lot on them, as I wear them often- and break them often, usually by leaving them on my car seat then sitting on them- as i use them for driving mainly :)
  • Options
    I have aviators with blue gradient coloured lenses, something like this pic.
  • Options
    None yet, but it's highly likely I'll buy them from Boots tomorrow haha, thanks to my lovely discount, and they're not too expensive atm.

I tend to break sunglases though, same as I tend to break my real glasses!
  • Options
    these: http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=141524&cid=-1

i also don't like spending lots of sunglasses because i usually bend them or they get ruined by sea water or sand or something!

had black oakley minutes that i got in america and some cunt nicked them. i don't know where or when they were stolen, but i don't have them anymore :mad:
  • Options
    I usually get a pair for £2 from Primark.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I usually get a pair for £2 from Primark.

do they actually protect your eyes at that price or are they just shaded lenses?

and is primark an ethical company? £2! I wonder what wage the people who make them are getting.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I get my sunglasses from high street shops, i go through like 3 or 4 pairs each summer cos i keep breaking them.

Mine are like these

11702103_normal.jpg
    They are like the Marc Jacob's ones in the 1st post.
  • Options
    i LOVE sunglasses. i can never find a pair that truely suit me but i wear them anyway, haha. I love massive ones :D

im the same as a few people have said though and break them ALL the time, i went through 4 pairs last summer so i have to buy cheapo ones from primark or somewhere. the best pair i ever got were free from a magazine. i loved those!
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    They are like the Marc Jacob's ones in the 1st post.

I spent entirely too much on them :blush::(
  • Options
    I dont wear them. I can never find a style that suits me and I dont really fancy having to pay for a presciption as my glasses cost enough as it is.
  • Options
    Sunglasses dont suit me :( no matter what i try they always look daft :(
  • Options
    I have a pair of YSL ones, and they're actually really nice, but only God knows where I've placed them!
    I usually buy high-street as I always forget to wear mine - really no point in spending a couple of hundred of quid qhen forgetting to wear the damn things!
    Though I did buy the coolest pair of gold-rimmed aviators with a slightly different frame than usually, from Urban Outfitters (and that's after their collection started going down the drain, so I'm even happier about it!), and I managed to wear them too quite a bit. So yeah, cheap and worn as well.
  • Options
    I wish I could buy cheap sunglasses - I'd have millions of pairs of them! It's not fair!!! :p
  • Options
    I have quite a slim face so most sunglasses from high street shops look ridiculous, especially all these oversized ones!

I got a lovely pair of miu miu ones last year which I haven't broken yet, which is surprising. Also still have an armani pair from the year before but not sure if I like them anymore. I really coveted this dior pair last year with diamantes in the central bit but they were £180 which I can't really justify spending on something I'll probably lose.
  • Options
    RayBan can't find a pic right now :yes: :cool:
  • Options
    Mine were £12 :lol:

Bought ones similar to these today but in a purply colour rather than black for 10 squid.

11711901_normal.jpg
  • Options
    I have a pair of lulu guinness ones and i just got a new pair of chanels....mmmmm yummy! Now i need to start wearing them :p
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    I have a pair of lulu guinness ones and i just got a new pair of chanels....mmmmm yummy! Now i need to start wearing them :p
    Just being nosey, are they cheap(er) in Dubai? Or are they the standard Chanel price?? :chin:
  • Options
    Just being nosey, are they cheap(er) in Dubai? Or are they the standard Chanel price?? :chin:
    No same price, only difference is when im in England I can claim tax back. But i thought you'd know all luxury brands are priced the same all over the world (with very few exceptions).
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    No same price, only difference is when im in England I can claim tax back. But i thought you'd know all luxury brands are priced the same all over the world (with very few exceptions).
    Nope, didn't know that... that's why I asked ;)
  • Options
    I got these ones the other day, pretty nice i think