Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how soon is to soon?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How soon is to soon to live with someone?

is 6 months too soon?

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the situation and what your relationships like.
  • Options
    Chris moved down after 3/4 months. Totally depends.
  • Options
    Depends how good you are at dealing with petty annoyances. Suppose you have to throw being in love and being mature into the equation as well somewhere.
  • Options
    Have you know him for 6 months and just been together since then or did you know him before then?

TBH, I think it depends on alot of things.
  • Options
    Obviously there isn't any "too soon" or "too late".

Some people move in after two weeks and are happy with it
    others are madly in love for a year and shit hits the fan when they move together, because of countless conflicts etc.

you have to decide that for yourself, about how the relationship is running etc.
  • Options
    nooooo don't do it!
  • Options
    Always keep an escape plan available.

If I moved in with somebody, I would keep my own place on for a while just in case it wasn't meant to be.
  • Options
    It completely depends on the relationship. But if you're having to ask is it too soon, then I'd be thinking you don't feel ready for it. Only you know though.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote: »
    It completely depends on the relationship. But if you're having to ask is it too soon, then I'd be thinking you don't feel ready for it. Only you know though.

Hit the nail on the head there.
  • Options
    Only you know the answer to that. Me and my other half have lived together from day one and even before we got together as uni students....totally depends. How much time do you spend together now?
  • Options
    Before you are ready, is too soon.

That you ask the question susggests that you have doubts yourself. I;d say that you weren't therefore "ready".
  • Options
    Before you are ready, is too soon.

That you ask the question susggests that you have doubts yourself. I;d say that you weren't therefore "ready".

This does seem aout right.
  • Options

:yes:

I moved in with my boyfriend after being together for 5 months.
  • Options
    Depends on the relationship. I wouldn't do it though, I like to have complete security in y living situation.

Wouldn't recommend moving in until you know someone pretty well though. For some couples that could be a few months, others a year or more.
  • Options
    I moved in with my other half (:p) after 6 months.

Like the others have said though, if you're asking if it's too soon then you obviously feel that it is.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Always keep an escape plan available.

:yes:

Totally agree with this. It's easy not to think about it when you're all head-over-heelsy, but I think it's important.

I've been with my bf since Christmas (although I've known him for a few years), we've already talked seriously about me moving in with him, and I don't feel like it's too soon. Having said that, if things didn't work out (although I totally think they will), I can very easily and quickly move back in here (I've been living back with my parents since I broke up with my ex).

Be sensible and you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote: »
    How soon is to soon to live with someone?

is 6 months too soon?

I think its when ever you are completely comfortable with each other and you know its gonna last id like to leave it about a year until i move in with my bf
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    I think its when ever you are completely comfortable with each other and you know its gonna last id like to leave it about a year until i move in with my bf

agree with you here when it feels rite

caz :thumb: n andi
  • Options
    I think 9 years is an adequate amount of time to decide whether you wish to move in!