Home Health & Wellbeing
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Oh no they're back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
24C51QBLK_normal.jpg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They had gone out of fashion:confused:

Put some crackers in there. Some bandaids, maybe some alergy medicines and your inhaler :p
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,243 Skive's The Limit
    No they're not. The only people that will ever wear them in any serious numbers are the yanks.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    "Oh no"? I like these things, they're pretty practical.
    Although mine isn't polka.
    my_name wrote: »
    They had gone out of fashion:confused:

Put some crackers in there. Some bandaids, maybe some alergy medicines and your inhaler :p

In America, they call them fanny packs dont they :lol:

found it quite funny explaining to the american camp counsellors what fanny pack actually means in england.

I didn't know anybody wore them over the age of 50 but now that they're in Topshop im sure a few people will be sporting them...maybe at festivals. I wont be buying one.
    ooh my mum bought me one the other day to wear whilst on holiday in new york next week :rolleyes:
    sadly tis not polka dot tho! just plain ol leather.
    how boring!
    I had more sense the first time round... nothings changed.
    hahahaha, i saw some GUY out in a club with one of those the other day...me and my friends laughed soooo much!

I wont be getting one....to be honest i think topshops fashion is sometimes disgusting!
    They are only back if twats wear them
    I repeat: What's wrong with these bags? Do you think I should stuff my pockets with lots of stuff instead? Or that I should not carry with me things that I want to?
    I repeat: What's wrong with these bags? Do you think I should stuff my pockets with lots of stuff instead? Or that I should not carry with me things that I want to?

They look hideous.
    Sofie wrote: »
    They look hideous.
    That's a matter of opinion, I happen to like them.
    But even so: Suggest an alternative.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    They are only back if twats wear them

Exactly. If every fashion victim in the world goes any buys one then they'll be back. Give it a few weeks... :eek2:
    That's a matter of opinion, I happen to like them.
    But even so: Suggest an alternative.

I'm sorry to sound rude, but are you a female in her late teens or 20s? If not, then I don't really think this thread is aimed at you. Topshop are selling them, so they're definately aimed at a niche market, rather than your average tourist.
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    I'm sorry to sound rude, but are you a female in her late teens or 20s? If not, then I don't really think this thread is aimed at you. Topshop are selling them, so they're definately aimed at a niche market, rather than your average tourist.
    Fair point, I don't really know who each shop is aimed at. :p

My point was that they're far more practical than stuffing your pockets or (for me at least) carrying a bag, so they should be OK. I hate it when people choose what looks better over what works better.
    bum bags, yay! want one!
    awwh I had a teenage mutant turtles one. It was flurescent green and purple.
    Indrid, you can get a man purse ;)http://christinamueller.typepad.com/photos/amigos_de_la_iglesia/the_man_purse_4.jpg
    In America, they call them fanny packs dont they :lol:

found it quite funny explaining to the american camp counsellors what fanny pack actually means in england.

:lol: yeah. I was thinking the other day, along those lines, the chocolate company Fannie May probably wouldn't be much of a prosperous business over there, would it :p
    Rachael wrote: »
    :hyper: Me too i think, or something similar! :o i was only a young'un though so it's forgivable.
    my_name wrote: »
    That's called a manbag, silly!
    Rachael wrote: »
    Mine was Mickey Mouse. Jealous of the turtles, tbh.

Incidentally, I always got the Mickey stuff, and my sister got Minnie; I think my parents always knew how I would turn out...