Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oh no they're back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
24C51QBLK_normal.jpg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They had gone out of fashion:confused:

Put some crackers in there. Some bandaids, maybe some alergy medicines and your inhaler :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    No they're not. The only people that will ever wear them in any serious numbers are the yanks.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "Oh no"? I like these things, they're pretty practical.
    Although mine isn't polka.
    my_name wrote: »
    They had gone out of fashion:confused:

Put some crackers in there. Some bandaids, maybe some alergy medicines and your inhaler :p

In America, they call them fanny packs dont they :lol:

found it quite funny explaining to the american camp counsellors what fanny pack actually means in england.

I didn't know anybody wore them over the age of 50 but now that they're in Topshop im sure a few people will be sporting them...maybe at festivals. I wont be buying one.
    ooh my mum bought me one the other day to wear whilst on holiday in new york next week :rolleyes:
    sadly tis not polka dot tho! just plain ol leather.
    how boring!
    I had more sense the first time round... nothings changed.
    hahahaha, i saw some GUY out in a club with one of those the other day...me and my friends laughed soooo much!

I wont be getting one....to be honest i think topshops fashion is sometimes disgusting!
    They are only back if twats wear them
    I repeat: What's wrong with these bags? Do you think I should stuff my pockets with lots of stuff instead? Or that I should not carry with me things that I want to?
    I repeat: What's wrong with these bags? Do you think I should stuff my pockets with lots of stuff instead? Or that I should not carry with me things that I want to?

They look hideous.
    Sofie wrote: »
    They look hideous.
    That's a matter of opinion, I happen to like them.
    But even so: Suggest an alternative.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    They are only back if twats wear them

Exactly. If every fashion victim in the world goes any buys one then they'll be back. Give it a few weeks... :eek2:
    That's a matter of opinion, I happen to like them.
    But even so: Suggest an alternative.

I'm sorry to sound rude, but are you a female in her late teens or 20s? If not, then I don't really think this thread is aimed at you. Topshop are selling them, so they're definately aimed at a niche market, rather than your average tourist.
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    I'm sorry to sound rude, but are you a female in her late teens or 20s? If not, then I don't really think this thread is aimed at you. Topshop are selling them, so they're definately aimed at a niche market, rather than your average tourist.
    Fair point, I don't really know who each shop is aimed at. :p

My point was that they're far more practical than stuffing your pockets or (for me at least) carrying a bag, so they should be OK. I hate it when people choose what looks better over what works better.
    bum bags, yay! want one!
    awwh I had a teenage mutant turtles one. It was flurescent green and purple.
    Indrid, you can get a man purse ;)http://christinamueller.typepad.com/photos/amigos_de_la_iglesia/the_man_purse_4.jpg
    In America, they call them fanny packs dont they :lol:

found it quite funny explaining to the american camp counsellors what fanny pack actually means in england.

:lol: yeah. I was thinking the other day, along those lines, the chocolate company Fannie May probably wouldn't be much of a prosperous business over there, would it :p
    Rachael wrote: »
    :hyper: Me too i think, or something similar! :o i was only a young'un though so it's forgivable.
    my_name wrote: »
    That's called a manbag, silly!
    Rachael wrote: »
    Mine was Mickey Mouse. Jealous of the turtles, tbh.

Incidentally, I always got the Mickey stuff, and my sister got Minnie; I think my parents always knew how I would turn out...