Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who should represent TheSite?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rachael wrote: »
    does no one else think simon amstell? :(

He would be quite good. Or Scott Mills but I think hes just into his 30's as is Colin Murrey now.
  • Options
    He would be quite good. Or Scott Mills but I think hes just into his 30's as is Colin Murrey now.

Amstell it is then.
  • Options
    I'd rather have my eyes cut out with a spoon that see Russell Brand promoting this place.

Surely you can't stoop that low?
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Funny that. I was thinking "anyone except that annoying git Russell Brand".
    That's exactly what I thought too!

I like Lizo but I reckon he would be promoting thesite to the wrong age group - Newsround is aimed at school children isn't it? So thesite's lower "limit" of 16 would probably be the top end of their age range.

Simon Amstell would be good (if he is that curly haired dude who is on Buzzcocks now), June Sarpong would not.

How old is Richard Hammond?
  • Options
    I'd rather have my eyes cut out with a spoon that see Russell Brand promoting this place.

Surely you can't stoop that low?

Yup. Can't stand the fucker. What a knob he is.

Simon Amstell would be good but he's a sarcy bugger...

Constructive comment: maybe a footballer everyone likes?
  • Options
    Actually I back Simon Amstell.

He made an absolute cock out of Preston and that Donny Tourette guy from Towers Of London on NMTB.

Just the type of representation thesite needs.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're currently looking for a possible celebrity ambassador to help with the promotion of TheSite.org. We've got a teeny tiny survey for you to do if you don't mind to help us out -

http://www.thesite.org/survey/s?s=2052

Thanks for help :thumb:

Well if you'd stretched to 31 I'd have said Abi Titmuss springs to mind

as being"bold", "non-judgemental" and "inspirational"

And would probably enough life experience in all the kinds of topics covered by this site:

With her years of being a nurse she'd know lots about health - with a nurse's low pay she'd know about finances and the fact she can now earn more in 1 day then she used to in 1 year she'd know about money.

She had a boyfriend that went to court so knows about stressful relationships + the law

Plus she's not one of these waffer thin girls so you wouldn't have all these anorexic girls looking at her saying I want to be super skinny like her, because she's not.
  • Options

And would probably enough life experience in all the kinds of topics covered by this site:

With her years of being a nurse she'd know lots about health - with a nurse's low pay she'd know about finances and the fact she can now earn more in 1 day then she used to in 1 year she'd know about money.

She had a boyfriend that went to court so knows about stressful relationships + the law

Plus she's not one of these waffer thin girls so you wouldn't have all these anorexic girls looking at her saying I want to be super skinny like her, because she's not.
    You just want the sex advice, don't you? You can't fool me. :p
  • Options
    I suppose that Sarah Teather's blown her chance? I once emailed her, through TheyWorkForYou.com, asking if she would ever re-visit TheSite? No reply...
  • Options
    If you got Abi Titmuss doing it i'd never post again out of principle.

If your only gonna get a Z lister why bother? You'll just appear to the outside world as being ever so slightly desperate.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    If you got Abi Titmuss doing it i'd never post again out of principle..

why's that?

Sure there's lots of other role models but can't think of any atm.
  • Options
    Abi Titmuss :yuck:
  • Options
    why's that?

Sure there's lots of other role models but can't think of any atm.

She ain't a role model, shes a bloody glamour model!

Not entirely sure thesite would wanna be associated with some coked up chancer that gets her tits out at every opportunity.

I bet i (or any one of us) could get this place more exposure than some z lister.
  • Options

Not entirely sure thesite would wanna be associated with some coked up chancer that gets her tits out at every opportunity.

I bet i (or any one of us) could get this place more exposure than some z lister.

:yes: :thumb:
  • Options

It depends what the goal is, if it's for publicity then for starters you're not likely to get the likes of Tom Cruise.

So far hardly anyone is actually posting some real names here ... easy for people to criticise but no so easy to actually come up with suggestion and reason why that person should be chosen?

Whoever it is I'd prefer it was someone that started off as an ordinary member of the public kinda thing and then became famous through circumstance rather then someone that set out to be an actor, singer, etc

Certainly the few people I'd like - like Richard Branson are no way near 30 .. :)
  • Options

I feel a Chantelle of Big Brother fame moment coming on..... let's all get famous just for the heck of it
  • Options
    How about that Adam Rickett guy?
    He's young (i think), had child stardom, gone into politics, and had everyone brand him gay etc .....

plus he released a shit single years ago, and gave up - something credible in that - accepting you're shit, and moving on.
  • Options

Well obviously it does, cause it's got a few board users who fit that description pretty well :razz:

I think Matt Willis could be good? Battled drugs and booze addiction, got a fit girlfriend and went years in Busted without lamping that twat with the eyebrows who went and joined Fightstar :thumb:
  • Options

Whoever it is I'd prefer it was someone that started off as an ordinary member of the public kinda thing and then became famous through circumstance rather then someone that set out to be an actor, singer, etc

I hear the majority of last years Big Brother contestants are looking for work.
  • Options

Face it DG, that is the worst idea you have ever had. :p
  • Options
    Fearne Cotton? She is under 30. I can't think of anyone else famous and under 30. I'm shit!
  • Options
    Fearne Cotton? She is under 30. I can't think of anyone else famous and under 30. I'm shit!

Please god no! That women annoys the hell out of me.
  • Options
    I'd rather have her than Russel Brand though!

Personally I'd have Michelle Gomez as Sue White from Green Wing. In character. I think she'd do a great job! I doubt she is under 30 but she is ace anyway.
  • Options
    He's 31. But if we're allowed to go over 30, I'd support a campaign for Noel Fielding. Doubt he'd do it though.

Awwww....yeahhhhh!!!!! Poifect!!! :) :thumb:
  • Options
    :thumb: Great role-model for young girls. Quit being a nurse because she realised she could make more money videotaping herself having sex and getting her tits out for the papers. "Role models" like her are everything that is wrong with young people's (especially girls) ambitions today.

And incidentally, why is everyone looking for someone to bang on about how bad drugs are?
  • Options
    What's wrong with Russell Brand? I think he's wicked.

So why under 30, JimV?
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »
    He's young (i think), had child stardom, gone into politics, and had everyone brand him gay etc .....

plus he released a shit single years ago, and gave up - something credible in that - accepting you're shit, and moving on.

I breathe again. Amazing single. Shame Curly Watts didn't have as much success.
  • Options
    James Hewitt.
  • Options
    James Hewitt.

Under 30 ?

:thumb:
  • Options
    BritJamez wrote: »

Have you seen that twat? Most of the politics forum regulars could've done a better job than him on Question Time. He didn't have a clue. He's done about 10 different things in his career, and been shit at all of them.