Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hip piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was planning to get a surface piercing on my hips but I can't find any prices or anything on the internet.
Does anybody have any idea on prices?

Comments

• Options
    Each piercing place charges differently. Best just to call and ask the place you plan on going to.

Oh Rachie beat me! :heart:
  • Options
    I dont think that ive ever seen that before :S post a pic if you get it done please so i can have a look please lol :)
  • Options
    No need to be sarky :]
    I don't have a particular place in mind to get it done at.
    Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew average prices so I know what sort of prices are reasonable.

I will if I do :]
  • Options
    Where do you live/plan on getting it done? Each area will also charge differently. Once you figure that out, somebody might be able to give you a rough estimate.

Though I fail to see where anybody was "sarky" whatever that is.
  • Options
    Around Wigan/Manchester.
    A friend said that where he lives it's around £30, but he lives in Peterborough so it could be quite different.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    luvmeright:

Thanx for that i was expecting it to be some sort of scary piercing but its not i quite like them they look cool i could imagine them being a bit painful though?
  • Options
    I suppose it probably is really! As long as it is numbed properly though it should be ok I though I think.
    I hope :|
  • Options
    Good luck on finding a piercer that numbs... legally. Unless you go to a doctor.

It is a cute piercing, though.
  • Options
    ouch!!! looks wayyy to painful for me!!! lol.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Good luck on finding a piercer that numbs... legally. Unless you go to a doctor.
    Really? I thought it was common practise! I've always been numbed every time I've had a piercing..
  • Options
    Ah that piercing looks mad, but nice. Never knew they even did that.
  • Options
    I'm not keen on surface peircings simply because the risk of rejection/infection is a lot higher compared to "normal" piercings. I did see someone a couple if years ago with the back of their calfs done.
  • Options
    Really? I thought it was common practise! I've always been numbed every time I've had a piercing..

Well I guess it alld epends on what they use. I didn't even think about topicals. Though, topical anesthitcs are about as usefull (and are pretty much the same thing) that comes in a box of do it your self hair waxing, in my opinion. So they can use that... what use it would be is still a mystery to me. Medical professionals/licensed anestheliogists only can administor anesthetic injections.
  • Options
    I'd be worried about it rubbing against clothes ouch.
  • Options
    Unless you plan on walking around in a bikini for the next 10 years, there's no way that piercing won't reject. It's a nice thought, but is it really worth it? Is the scarring worth it? :confused:
  • Options
    i love hip piercings i think they look wicked. have to have a nice flat stomach of course :] but like others have said with all surface piercings they're hard to heal and it will constantly be getting caught on your clothes and stuff.

i dont know anywhere in wigan but me and my friends always have all our piercings done in afflecks palace (i think thats what its called) in afflecks palace on the top floor. the staff there are really good and friendly and he'll tell you if its worth doing it or not.

I've never been numbed for any piercings though and I don't think they do there. i have no idea on prices though sorry! i think £25/£30 sounds about right.
  • Options
    i had a friend who had three surface piercings in her chest a few years back, they lasted quite well to be honest, but as with all surface piercings, its a question of when, not if, they come out.

enjoy them while you can.
    happy healing
    peace
  • Options
    wtf? numbed? It'll be about 40. surface piercings grow out. u will have a line where it was, a scar. I want my collar bones done. but i don't want a scar, so I'm not having it. they look pretty when they're new though.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    wtf? numbed? It'll be about 40. surface piercings grow out. u will have a line where it was, a scar. I want my collar bones done. but i don't want a scar, so I'm not having it. they look pretty when they're new though.

OH those are so cute.
  • Options
    yeah, want! want want
  • Options
    I love piercings.... but surface piercings just don't appeal. Ouch!
  • Options
    Violette wrote: »
    hi chicken. i got my neck done in manchester (at afflex), and it was £35 and i reckon it'd be round the same amount for a hip piercing.

And you have the sexiest piercing too!

I demand pictures, Gemmar, when you get it done ;) :hyper:
  • Options
    how do u take them out?
  • Options
    u unskrew the ball and pull out the pole. You wouldn't be able to take them aout and put 'em back in agin like you can with an ear piercing thouh