Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have you ever been in the paper?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And what for? I was in it once for having the same birthday as my sister. :rolleyes: (we're not twins). And I might've been on the drunken idiots section before, where someone goes round a club with a camera.

But my big ambition is to be the subject of outrage on the front of the Daily Mail. My uni lecturer managed The Sun, but I aim to go one step further.

Comments

• Options
    Embarrassingly I used to be in my local paper quite a lot ... and always always always wearing a leotard. The shame.

I don't think that I've ever been in a more significant paper although a large photo of me was the main part of the display in a photographers window for about a year - and again I was wearing a leotard.

*hides face in shame*
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I was in the paper when I was about 9 for winning a competition thing at school. Dad framed it, bless him!
  • Options
    Numerous local one's for winning prizes, getting scholarships and also I spent two weeks working with a newspaper writing articles for a local festival which got myself a few mentions as well.
  • Options
    A few times.

I've been in my local paper TWICE about my mad life (at the time) and once in the Manchester Evening News about the same issues (which my friends on my LJ have had the links to recently after I found them on the newpaper's online archives which I never knew existed! If only! I felt rather smug because people on here in the past have accused me of lying so I was proving those who never believed me wrong :D). My Mum actually had offers from The Sun to print our story in the paper but my Dad stopped her thank gawd.

I've also been in the paper several times for school stuff, such as GCSE results, being a prefect, A Level results, just the norm.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Numerous local one's for winning prizes, getting scholarships and also I spent two weeks working with a newspaper writing articles for a local festival which got myself a few mentions as well.

Show off! :razz:

I was in several times by name and had my ugly mug slapped on the page only once. Won a fancy dress competition dressed as a roller-skating martini waitress. Thanks, mam!
  • Options
    A few times.

I've been in my local paper TWICE about my mad life (at the time) and once in the Manchester Evening News about the same issues (which my friends on my LJ have had the links to recently after I found them on the newpaper's online archives which I never knew existed! If only! I felt rather smug because people on here in the past have accused me of lying so I was proving those who never believed me wrong :D). My Mum actually had offers from The Sun to print our story in the paper but my Dad stopped her thank gawd.

I've also been in the paper several times for school stuff, such as GCSE results, being a prefect, A Level results, just the norm.

what was that for? If you dont mind my asking?
  • Options
    You got in the paper for being a prefect? God you must've lived in a dull area.
  • Options
    Once when I was like 9 with my football team. Still got it somewhere I think :/
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    what was that for? If you dont mind my asking?

I'd rather not say on here again tbh.

I'll PM you the links to the articles.
  • Options
    You got in the paper for being a prefect? God you must've lived in a dull area.

Aye :yes:
  • Options
    Once when I was like 9 with my football team. Still got it somewhere I think :/

Oh I forgot about that. Our team won the local primary school competition in year 5. I was a substitute.
  • Options
    When I was about 8 we went to a cricket match and one of the teams got a really amazing score and so it was on the front of The Times. Me and my dad happened to be walking in front of the scoreboard when they took a picture of it, which meant we were in the picture on the front page :D Sadly that's it though.
  • Options
    I've been in it for football and rowing.

Also, prize day when I was at school.

I've been on the radio a couple of times too. Was on American radio in the summer getting interviewed by this guy that sounded exactly like the KBBL radio station guy from the Simpsons, haha.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I've been on the radio a couple of times too. Was on American radio in the summer getting interviewed by this guy that sounded exactly like the KBBL radio station guy from the Simpsons, haha.

was it to request the return of your lost camera? ;)
  • Options
    My sister was three times.

I've been on the TV 4 times. In elementary school we had a project of how the earth was created. I was like 7 years old and had to smash a brick with a hammer and couldn't do it the first (and second and third time) and the fuckers brought all the mishaps too. So I was there blushing while hammering that fucking brick.

Well, we got 5 minutes of TV at around 2pm, so that's something.
  • Options
    I've been in the sports bit of The Bucks Herald. Back in my younger days they reported on the youngsters rugby and i was mentioned whenever i scored a try.:thumb:
  • Options
    I've been in the paper for various school related things... some like winning awards, competitions and stuff... some slightly less positive (like being involved in starting a protest involving over 800 pupils....)

I've been in the paper for various birthdays and stuff as well (my friends are evil) and for a course I did at college when I was about 15....
  • Options
    When my dance school has got it's results before. I think that's it.
  • Options
    I was in the paper once when I was about 8 years old... I was in hospital and they were bringing out a new line of hospital gowns for kids...

Me and this girl got to model them :blush:

Yep... i'm a model :p
  • Options
    been in the bolton evening news as articles twice with my band, and had gigs listed in a few other papers, depending on the place we played.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I was in the paper once when I was about 8 years old... I was in hospital and they were bringing out a new line of hospital gowns for kids...

Me and this girl got to model them :blush:

Yep... i'm a model :p

Haha, I didn't know that! Do you still have the picture?

I was in the paper for some gymnastics thing when I was little, not sure exactly what it was about though.
  • Options
    RaggyDoll wrote: »
    Haha, I didn't know that! Do you still have the picture?

I have no idea actually... I will ask the old dear and find out.
  • Options
    lol a pic of me n my mate was printed in a paper, standin ontop of a burnt out car at a road barricade durin riot season when we were about 8, the jounalists gave us a free camera film each for lettin them take the pic and we thought we were brilliant haha.. parents werent too pleased!!

also, me n my mates were in the paper for the whole gettin kidnapped and held hostage for 12 hours at gun point malarky!
  • Options

You must come from a realllllllly small town .. :)
  • Options
    ive been in the nativity play as mary 4 years in a row in primary school so that was 4x :rolleyes:

and then another time when me and our netball team won a tournament

oooh and ive also been on tv.. well.. kinda!
    i was the child in a hospital information video which told parents what the children would get upto after/before having an operation.
    i had to sit around in a nightgown and pretend to play chess with another little boy for like 2 days - very boring! i think i was about 8
    and as far as i know they still show that video :yes: or thats what im told by the woman who got me the part in it!
  • Options
    Been in the local paper loads for -

Being a miracle baby, meeting Tony the Tiger when he came to the Co-op, school sports day, my Granny's obituary and getting robbed at knifepoint when I worked in a video shop :thumb:
  • Options
    Stuff for dance and sports and school years and years ago. And once for flashing passing cars on the south side of town one haloween night. But we weren't named so the deserved recognition was never given.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    also, me n my mates were in the paper for the whole gettin kidnapped and held hostage for 12 hours at gun point malarky!

God, they'll consider anything newsworthy nowadays. :p
  • Options
    I've been in the paper once. It was something really dull to do with the school getting a minibus or something like that.
  • Options
    Yeah. I was shown in a prison cell when I was about ten or something. In fact probably more like 6.