Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Birthday Suggestions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's my 21st in June and am thinking about ways to celebrate it.

I had a big party for my 18th which my parents funded, and they've said that they won't pay out again for my 21st (it was a choice of either/or) so now I'm a bit bummed as I knew I would be.

So, my question is, what can I do for my birthday, that's still a 'big deal' but isn't pricey?

I was looking at a Mediaeval banquet but it's just far too expensive....

Comments

• Options
    Hire a function room, fancy dress with a few local bands or DJ (whatever floats your boat.) Can't go wrong there like.
  • Options
    I did that for my 18th, and it cost far too much money. Haven't got the same friends either, so it'd be a rather empty function room!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was on placement over my 21st so didn't have a big night. My flatmates and brother bundled me into a cab and we went ice skating. When we got home, we had cake and champagne. It was a really good evening :)
  • Options
    I went to pizza express for my 21st and all my family turned up and brought me presents and money.
    It was really nice as I wasnt expecting a big deal.
  • Options
    a themed night with friends

for my 20th i had a Scrubs themed night and even pharmaceutical style pass the parcel..was so much fun. Whatever you and your posse are into really
  • Options
    you don't have to have a big thing/spend loads of money to have a good and memorable time.

just spending it with friends and family would suffice, i'm sure!

do you have anything planned with your family yet, like a meal? you and your friends could have a girly day together?
  • Options
    No, I haven't got anything planned yet. I was thinking about going for a Chinese. We have a beautiful chinese restaurant locally, which I went to for my 19th and 20th. :heart: Couldn't hurt to make it 3 in a row :lol:
  • Options
    ahh try somewhere different!
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    a themed night with friends

for my 20th i had a Scrubs themed night and even pharmaceutical style pass the parcel..was so much fun. Whatever you and your posse are into really
    You've inspired me to have a Green Wing themed party :D :thumb:
  • Options
    Its my boyfriends 18th in july and he's trying to organise some thing too and he found out about this double decker bus thing where you pay 20 quid a head (or 30 with food) and ride around apparently theres music on there or something and you go to three clubs
  • Options
    You've inspired me to have a Green Wing themed party :D :thumb:

:D
  • Options
    My 21st is in May and I still have no idea what to do!
  • Options
    dahak wrote: »
    why not have a kiddies party.

Have kiddy party games and silly party food.

Ooo I did that for my hen night (or part of it) but twinned it with a traditional sleepover so we had...

Pass the parcel adult stylee
    Vodka jelly and icecream
    Wine with curly straws
    Lots of stupid games (Singstar etc.)
    Everyone getting drunk and crashing out on duvets etc

All of that coupled with a takeaway meant for a great night... would work for any kind of celebration!
  • Options
    it's my 21st on friday. i'm goin out for a meal with family that night, and we're hiring a room on the saturday, dj etc. during the day, i'll probably go into manchester or somewhere and chill with mates.
  • Options
    my 21st I jus went out for a nice meal with parents I think. actually... I think I was at uni, so I went out for food with freinds, then to pub.
  • Options
    Have a bad taste party! You and your friends have to go hunting round charity shops for the worst possibile outfit them wear it to the meal!!
  • Options
    House party? Pub Crawl? Hire a room in a bar?

I can't celebrate my 21st properly on the Day because i have a final exam 3 days after it. :(
  • Options
    So, my question is, what can I do for my birthday, that's still a 'big deal' but isn't pricey?.

Dunno what's not a big deal at 21 - but thought I'd check ...

http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/kccrights/at_what_age/age_21.asp

At age 21

Adoption
    You can adopt a child.

Driving
    You can supervise a learner driver if you have held, and still hold, a full licence for that type of car for at least three years. You can apply for a provisional licence to drive a large passenger vehicle.

Flying
    You can obtain a flight navigator?s licence, a flight engineer?s licence or an airline transport pilot?s licence to fly an aeroplane, helicopter or gyroplane.
    Legal Issues

Political Participation
    You can become a Member of Parliament, a local councillor or a local mayor.
  • Options
    No, I haven't got anything planned yet. I was thinking about going for a Chinese. We have a beautiful chinese restaurant locally, which I went to for my 19th and 20th. :heart: Couldn't hurt to make it 3 in a row :lol:

Is that the big place in town where you pay one price and eat as much as you want?

you could also try a Mongolian Buffet where the food is all raw and pick what you want and the chef cooks it all for you there and then ...
  • Options
    No, it's not an 'all you can eat' it's much much nicer than that lol.

But, I've decided I'm going to Download festival with my mates from college. Parents are buying my ticket :yippe:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    No, it's not an 'all you can eat' it's much much nicer than that lol.

There are really nice all you can eat buffets too, yanno.
  • Options
    No, it's not an 'all you can eat' it's much much nicer than that lol.:

You make it sound cheap and nasty ...

When in reality it's often a nice way to dine .. no need to spend ages at the end of the night working out who ate what and what they should pay ...
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    House party? Pub Crawl? Hire a room in a bar?

I can't celebrate my 21st properly on the Day because i have a final exam 3 days after it. :(

i spent my 21st in a criminology student conference. :yuck: