Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SG1 - Last Ever episode *spoiler*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so i watched it and i have to say, it shows they didnt have enough time to write a finale worthy of the show because they were cancelled. The Ori forces were still out there in their ships, there was no conclusive evidence of whether the Ori themslves were killed off or not, no evidence Ba'al was dead or not, and finally, if the Asgard were about to die like they did, which in itself sucks because i really liked those little grey guys and were hoping the finale would be about them entering the war to kick Ori ass, why did they give all their technology to the Humans? Why not give it to the Furlings or the Nox? Neither of those two races are extinct like the Ancients, and why not ask SG1 if they could go and use the Atlantis data base to find a cure for their cloning genetic failings?

Not to mention Teal'c goes and ages like 50 years! :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You do know there's two SG1 movies out near the end of the year, right? One (The Ark of Truth) concludes the Ori storyline, where Jackson learns of an artifact in the Ori home galaxy that could destory them, so SG1 & the Odyssey take a trip through the supergate, end up stranded, and end up facing another "powerful" enemy as well as the Ori.

The second sounds kinda lame, where Ba'al happens upon a time machine, travels back, steals Earth's stargate, then turns up at Earth in the present day with a fleet of ships with Teal'c as first prime and Vala as his queen. Somehow Jackson and Mitchell are unaffected and set out to set things straight. Pretty lame.

Although there's a new Stargate spinoff confirmed for early next year. Dunno what exactly it's about yet, but meeting a new enemy in the Ori home galaxy and having a bunch of new As'guard toys to play with could be promising.

EDIT: As for not giving their knowledge to the Nox, they're pretty docile. They'd have just done their usual and sat cloaked while the rest of the galaxy got their asses handed to them by the Ori. Noone knows what happened to the Furlings; if they're actually still out there, moved to a different galaxy, whatever. You'd think if they were still active in the Milky Way SG1 would have come accross more than that transport thing of theirs that stranded O'Neill on a moon. The Tau'ri are the ones most likely to put their knowledge to good use in kicking the Ori's ass, since the the As'guard were unable to do it themselves.
  • Options
    I still miss the Asguard!
  • Options
    Aye :razz: Guess they were just going for dramatic and we don't "need" them now, per se. What with the series ending and all...

Wonder what happened to the one onboard Daedalus etc. Suppose they could always do a lame workaround and re-write them in (or at least a couple) if need be. Something along the lines of their consciousnesses being included in their database; something we've seen done before.

WE'RE SO GEEKY OH GOD
  • Options
    we really are lol
  • Options
    Yeah the last one was a bit crap...
    I look forward to the spin off though which will run along Atlantis.
    Also, the Asguard and the Ancients might have not actually known about each other....
    I think Adria will play a part in the spin off series.
    Also, in the last SG1 episode, the Ori ships are much bigger and less manouverable, surely the Odyssey could have outmanouvered them...just a thought.

And where is Atlantis gonna end up???
  • Options
    The asguard new the ancients, remember Earnests planet which was like a meeting place of the 4 races, humanity being the 5th race...
  • Options
    migpilot wrote: »
    Also, the Asguard and the Ancients might have not actually known about each other....

They did. There was an ep waaay at the start (around season 2/3) in which SG1 found a meeting place of an alliance of four races; the As'guard and the Ancients were two of them.
    I think Adria will play a part in the spin off series.

Nah, it'll be about the new enemy they find in The Ark of Truth if anything. Since Adria's ascended now, they can't exactly just leave her there since she'll do it all over again as soon as SG1 leave the Ori home galaxy; they need to kill her. Asking her nicely to stop isn't exactly going to work.
  • Options
    I don't think they will base the whole spin off series on one enemy.
    And there is the whole Jaffa rising to be a power etc...

So how are they going to kill Adria? Is one of them going to ascend temporarily, find her and somehow kill her? How do you kill energy? And why are the ancients going to let them do it this time, having stopped them doing shit so many times before?
  • Options
    I don't think they will base the whole spin off series on one enemy.

Eh, what? Atlantis and SG1 both started with one major enemy and lasted that way for a while. Introducing two right at the start would be bad writing and well, stupid.
    So how are they going to kill Adria? Is one of them going to ascend temporarily, find her and somehow kill her? How do you kill energy? And why are the ancients going to let them do it this time, having stopped them doing shit so many times before?

Do you even watch these shows? :/ You know they (at least assume) they killed the ascended Ori, right? Also, the ancients only stop them in their own galaxy. This has been explained. In the Ori home galaxy, anything goes.
  • Options
    And I thought I watched this show too much!
    ;)
    Fair enough, at the start there probably won't be more enemies...I just fail to see how they are going to find and kill Adria...as she is not in the Ori Galaxy... And when have the ancients killed anyone (might be just my memory here).