Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I finally did it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After being trashed I thought I'd see if the man thinks the tongue ring makes that much of a difference. He didn't. I fell asleep forgot to put it in and now, no more tongue ring. 4.5 years. Very weird feeling, but I think its for the better. I'd of needed to take it out within the next six months when I had my wisdom teeth out and I was going to take it out permanatly then. Just had to share cuz I"m a dork.

Comments

• Options
    I'm so happy for you :p
  • Options
    Aw, I feel your pain though. The loss of my madonna still resounds to this day. :( Losing a piercing can be like loosing a third nipple- you didn't need it but ya sure miss it now it's gone!
  • Options
    I know, kat. And I've been contemplating it for a long time now. I chipped a tooth very slightly within the first 6 months. I love my teeth and I don't want anything to happen to them. I'm 20 and I've had one cavity in a baby teeth which is gone, and one cavity (which turned into a root canal procedure) 2 years or so ago and I think thats bad enough. I know it wears off the enamal, even if its plastic, especially since I am always chewing on it and scraping agaisnt my teeth but still I just couldn't get rid of it.

I got it when I was 16 at the one and only piercing shop that pierced at 16, until they got shut down because thats illegeal. (its 18)

I've always been mixed. Wanted to get rid of it, but just couldn't. But now I did. I'm kind of gald because I know I needed to do it eventually, but I could never get the courage to do it.